The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lu93
I've just got this too! Hopefully a good sign.

Are either of you existing civil servants?
I am on the reserve list and had the health declaration added to my attachmentz. I'm a current dwp employee. Just seems weird if they aren't offering us anything, to add it after the recruitment has ended.

Are you both on London reserve list too?

Keeping hope alive here lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 342
Im on the Cheshire reserve list. Just one big roller coaster at the moment.
Reply 343
I've had it as well. Not sure if it means anything at all!
Reply 344
Take it we dont fill either in unless we get an offer. Ive had the one document twice.
Original post by Jones23
Take it we dont fill either in unless we get an offer. Ive had the one document twice.

I'm on reserve in Swansea and I had both forms back on the 10 th and was told no to complete when I asked until offer made 👍
I got a provisional offer on 13/05/16 and got a message yesterday asking me to complete the health declaration but the health declaration form wasn't on my account. I contacted the person I was asked to send the form to and told them it wasn't on my account and now my form has been added today.
So it may be that it should have been added to everyone's account (provisional offers and reserve list) but only got added to some. And now they've realised and added it to everyone's? I'm just guessing.
Original post by Kate349
I got a provisional offer on 13/05/16 and got a message yesterday asking me to complete the health declaration but the health declaration form wasn't on my account. I contacted the person I was asked to send the form to and told them it wasn't on my account and now my form has been added today.
So it may be that it should have been added to everyone's account (provisional offers and reserve list) but only got added to some. And now they've realised and added it to everyone's? I'm just guessing.

Are you an existing civil servant??
Original post by BigFatVegan83
Are you an existing civil servant??

No I'm not
Hi all, apparently all candidates that scored 21 were put on the reserve list in london area.
Am on the reserve list in London.Not very optimistic about getting an offer
Reply 350
Got my provisional offer email for Nottingham today. I also got a phone call shortly afterwards offering me a position in London, which I hadn't even applied for! Very strange, but I turned the London one down obviously
Original post by at260
Got my provisional offer email for Nottingham today. I also got a phone call shortly afterwards offering me a position in London, which I hadn't even applied for! Very strange, but I turned the London one down obviously

Congratulations on the offer,can i ask what you scored in total ??
Reply 352
Original post by When.can.I.start
Congratulations on the offer,can i ask what you scored in total ??

I got 7766, so 26 overall
Hey guys I came across an article saying it's taking up to 18 weeks for the checks to process they have a backlog . It was in the guardian
I had a a friend who started recently in the last round of vacancies in January.He got his results in late February and he got a start dat in early april.checks will take approx 4-6 weeks max but you have to be on the ball and chase if needed
Hi,

I had the provisional offer for London on the portal. 2 days ago I had a call saying that I had been allocated to North London and they sent me an email to confirm whether I accept or decline the position. I accepted. Now waiting to hear of a start date but not sure if checks have been completed already. Is anyone in a similar situation?
I spoke to someone in the london office today and was told that by the end of the week everyone in london should recieve a call in regards to where they're being offered a position.
Original post by When.can.I.start
Hi all, apparently all candidates that scored 21 were put on the reserve list in london area.
Am on the reserve list in London.Not very optimistic about getting an offer

21 and below? I scored 21 exactly and really feel like i don't have a chance getting off the reserve list.
Original post by awascher
Hi,

I had the provisional offer for London on the portal. 2 days ago I had a call saying that I had been allocated to North London and they sent me an email to confirm whether I accept or decline the position. I accepted. Now waiting to hear of a start date but not sure if checks have been completed already. Is anyone in a similar situation?

I got a call this morning. They told me my location and I asked about the checks and the guy told me they can take up to 8 weeks. He said it might be quicker because they're doing them rather quickly.
Reply 359
I had a call this morning too. I was told my location - but they told me they're giving some people 'Conditional offers' - which means you start before your checks are completed. There's obviously a minor risk involved if you have any kind of faulty background, but you don't have to accept the offer, you can wait for the checks to be completed.

It would involve having limited working access though, but does mean you can complete your training while the checks are ongoing.

Happy happy :smile: good luck to everyone else, I'm starting in June!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest