The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Geography 1 - 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adij125
What did people put as the case study for the rising sea levels awc. I put holderness am i wrong :frown:

The UK or the Maldives

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincentvangogh
oh my gosh the one with the meander and you have to draw a 'plan' for it :frown:(( what did that even MEAN why couldn't they just put long section/cross profile argh

plan? they said label it , and draw it so you had to talk about the outer bend being erosion and faster current etc.
Original post by Adzkii786
plan? they said label it , and draw it so you had to talk about the outer bend being erosion and faster current etc.

Phew I did that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlinyTheElder
Really did not like that exam. Weirdly worded questions, two drawings with vague instructions and the 8 marker for coasts excluded economic and environmental impacts for some reason. AQA...

YES! I was so annoyed that they didn't include economic and environmental, they are the ones that you can write the most about as well ):
I did Water on the land, and for my 8 marker I accidentally put Bam, Iran instead of Bangladesh for the case study! :frown: I think I got all the points right though but does anyone know if this will limit the marks because I'm hoping for an A*.
how did you label the glacial environment question, the one you had to draw
will there be an unofficial mark scheme out?
disgusting questions.
HOW CAN THEY INCLUDE AVALANCHES WHICH ISN'T EVEN IN THEIR OWN REVISION GUIDES.......................................................................................................... i give up with aqa
Original post by adij125
What did people put as the case study for the rising sea levels awc. I put holderness am i wrong :frown:

I did London but a few people at my school did the Holderness coastline and our teachers said it didn't matter which one we did, as long as we talked about political and social effects
Lol i got so confused. How did you do it i just drew the meander and labelled it lol
Original post by vincentvangogh
oh my gosh the one with the meander and you have to draw a 'plan' for it :frown:(( what did that even MEAN why couldn't they just put long section/cross profile argh

This and the ice diagram confused me so much 😑
Reply 172
What was the right answer for the Avalanche one? Was it a slab Avalanche?
Original post by Adzkii786

yeah, it was like 'here's an aerial view of a meander. draw a plan for the meanders shown'. i did a cross section and did the labels but it was apparently a long profile
I did a cross profile diagram of the meander but still labelled it, did anyone else do that??
Original post by disgustingaqa
HOW CAN THEY INCLUDE AVALANCHES WHICH ISN'T EVEN IN THEIR OWN REVISION GUIDES.......................................................................................................... i give up with aqa

My answer was so bad- effects aren't in my notes, revision guide or textbook...
1a) African Plate/Indo-Australian Plate
Saint Mount Helens
North (river Nile to Mediterranean sea)

Living world:
How is a fold mountain formed? [4 Marks]
Rivers carrying land material transport to sea (1) this builds up over time (2) the sedimentary rock is then compressed (3) and the plates move together to crumple the rock, as a result, for synclines and anti-cylines (44)

Vegetation question? [3 Marks]
Buttress roots could be seen, capac trees?, and thin-barked trees

Adapt?
Buttress roots, Lianas, Ephiphytes, Drip-tip Leaves
I was really unsure so i drew both 😂😂
Original post by TracyEmu
Did anyone who does weather and climate, understand the last 8 marker questions: Explain why a response to the threat of global change is needed locally, nationally and internationally? (something like that)
That question was so annoying and Vague. It got me mad. I was thorn between talking what the actual response will be (recycling, congestion charge, higher Road tax, kyoto protocol) or the consequences if there were no response taken!
Which point did you talk about??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I put about the responses? What about you? It was so so vague ugh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also the trees are deciduous so they shed their leaves in hot season to reduce water loss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending