The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Can someone post All multiple choice questions, or just post 7,8 and 9 please
Original post by A+Hunter
For the first question in Paper 2 I got 2x104 A I think. So 20000A

Me too :h: is it ok if you just put the answer as 20000 A or did you need to put it into scientific notation?
Original post by ___Sophie___
Me too :h: is it ok if you just put the answer as 20000 A or did you need to put it into scientific notation?

I believe they'll let you away with 20000A, But I just put it in sci not in case. For some reason the SQA don't like big numbers in their Marking scheme lol.

But yeah I think that's fine :biggrin:
I believe they'll let you away with 20000A, But I just put it in sci not in case. For some reason the SQA don't like big numbers in their Marking scheme lol.

But yeah I think that's fine :biggrin:

Ok hopefully
Original post by Ethan100
Can someone post All multiple choice questions, or just post 7,8 and 9 please

Yeah someone please post 7,8,9
Can someone give me the answers to multiple choice please

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the scale diagram one. I found that a little weird this year
Original post by scottishguyy
I took the booklet home lmao.

I got:
1.C
2.A
3.D
4.C
5.C
6.C
7.A
8.A
9.C
10.C
11.B
12.B
13.B
14.E
15.D
16.D
17.E
18.C
19.D
20.D

The ones I got differently were: 5.B. 9.E. 11.A. ... Did anyone else get these?
I got something like 85m
What did everyone get for the scale diagram one. I found that a little weird this year

Yeah that one was definitely my least favorite. I got 85 for part a and I got 61 or something for part b? I think I joined x and y with a line and made a triangle and used Pythagoras for part a and Tan for part b.
Be

85 m
Original post by marina1264
the ones i got differently were: 5.b. 9.e. 11.a. ... Did anyone else get these?

5.c 9.e 11.a
Original post by 12345kiran
I got something like 85m

Yeah same! Did you do something like this....
54-14 to get 40.
Then used pythagoras to 85?
Yeah that one was definitely my least favorite. I got 85 for part a and I got 61 or something for part b? I think I joined x and y with a line and made a triangle and used Pythagoras for part a and Tan for part b.

Same!!

Original post by Marina1264
Be

85 m

Oh I'm so happy right now! I got 85 as well!

And yeah Sophie, I got the direction to be 061 (in bearing form), But I was unsure if I had to maybe take it away from 360 or 180. I left it as 061 anyway :smile:

I used sine rule, But It doesn't make a difference I believe.

Yeah I think I got the exact same answer.

It had 3 sides so I chose the smallest side and joined it to the biggest side at the top making a right angle triangle, I think it was like 89 at the top - 80 something anyway/
Original post by 12345kiran
5.c 9.e 11.a

See Ithiugh 5 was B because it doesn't say which side of the block was placed on the table, it just says one of them, and the one that gives the minimum pressure, which would be B
As P= F/A
P= 4.9/ 0.*0.1

And yeah Sophie, I got the direction to be 061 (in bearing form), But I was unsure if I had to maybe take it away from 360 or 180. I left it as 061 anyway :smile:

Yeah in bearing form its just 061 because the angle we were finding out is the only angle needed, No need for subtracting from 180 or 90 :smile:

I wrote it like 61 degrees East of North, our teacher taught us it like that rather that the bearings. I think both methods are correct though hopefully
Yeah you do 54-14 and then use pythagoras and then soh cah toa to find direction.

That question absolutely threw me off! I was about to skip it but guessed it and got the same as you guys i.e 85

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending