The Student Room Group

BUSS2 resit 24th May 2016

Any predictions? I am losing my mind and the will to live. Business has never been one of my strongest subjects so I feel lost. Ideas for last minute revision or exam tips? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also is everyone prepared?

Scroll to see replies

im naturally good with business got a high B at AS retaking both units to boost marks, found unit 1 really good id say for unit 2 go on tutor2u and do the quizes and see what you need to work on, just hope the questions are good, good luck dw bout it
Reply 2
Original post by moman1100
im naturally good with business got a high B at AS retaking both units to boost marks, found unit 1 really good id say for unit 2 go on tutor2u and do the quizes and see what you need to work on, just hope the questions are good, good luck dw bout it

Thats really good, and same I am so nervous. I've done the quizzes, its just applying knowledge to the case study :'( good luck to you too and thanks :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by safiyyah98
Thats really good, and same I am so nervous. I've done the quizzes, its just applying knowledge to the case study :'( good luck to you too and thanks :biggrin:

Hey, last year I messed up business pretty bad as I got C in 1 & 2 lol. Since the start of this year, we've learned how to analyse properly to gain full analysis marks for Unit 3 & 4. This has helped immensely with Unit 1 & 2 as I got 200/200 UMS marks in my mock resits earlier this year.
The way to do it is CHAINS OF ANALYSIS.
What I do is make a chain using words and phrases like 'which caused' 'which leads to' 'which allows'.
So I'll give you an example of top bands analysis:
Say the question asks about a business that's just starting up and it wants to know what primary market research will do to benefit them, well here is a strand of analysis:
Primary market research will allow the business to gain an insight into the market that they will be going in to(1) which will allow them to understand the different demands and needs of consumers (2) which allows them to understand different trends in the market and consumers (3) which means that they will be able to target their product to meet (4) these demands which will give consumers an incentive to buy their product(5) which means their customer base will grow which allows them to create loyalty (6) within their customers which means their sales will increase (7) which will put the business on a good forefront to gain a market share (8) in the future.

I am nearly 100% sure that this is top band analysis as I have been getting top marks for the whole year using that kind of analysis. I know the sentence is huge but it picks up the marks much easier and the numbers in brackets, I used them to indicate where a mark would be given in my analysis.
Remember, if you have good analysis and limited application, you won't get top marks. Using something specific from the case study will get you good application and gives you clear direction on what you need to say in your analysis.
Also, on the first half of each section (with the shorter questions etc), they don't look for analysis, they look for good application and content (knowledge - i.e. Definitions at the start of your answer)

I hope this helps you with tomorrow and don't get too pressured because this exam is much easier than BUSS3 and BUSS4 haha! Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by ChrisOR
Hey, last year I messed up business pretty bad as I got C in 1 & 2 lol. Since the start of this year, we've learned how to analyse properly to gain full analysis marks for Unit 3 & 4. This has helped immensely with Unit 1 & 2 as I got 200/200 UMS marks in my mock resits earlier this year.
The way to do it is CHAINS OF ANALYSIS.
What I do is make a chain using words and phrases like 'which caused' 'which leads to' 'which allows'.
So I'll give you an example of top bands analysis:
Say the question asks about a business that's just starting up and it wants to know what primary market research will do to benefit them, well here is a strand of analysis:
Primary market research will allow the business to gain an insight into the market that they will be going in to(1) which will allow them to understand the different demands and needs of consumers (2) which allows them to understand different trends in the market and consumers (3) which means that they will be able to target their product to meet (4) these demands which will give consumers an incentive to buy their product(5) which means their customer base will grow which allows them to create loyalty (6) within their customers which means their sales will increase (7) which will put the business on a good forefront to gain a market share (8) in the future.

I am nearly 100% sure that this is top band analysis as I have been getting top marks for the whole year using that kind of analysis. I know the sentence is huge but it picks up the marks much easier and the numbers in brackets, I used them to indicate where a mark would be given in my analysis.
Remember, if you have good analysis and limited application, you won't get top marks. Using something specific from the case study will get you good application and gives you clear direction on what you need to say in your analysis.
Also, on the first half of each section (with the shorter questions etc), they don't look for analysis, they look for good application and content (knowledge - i.e. Definitions at the start of your answer)

I hope this helps you with tomorrow and don't get too pressured because this exam is much easier than BUSS3 and BUSS4 haha! Good luck

OMG you are a life saver!!! This helped me a lot and I am definitely going to implement this skill in tomorrows paper. Thank you so much!! Analysis is what I always struggle with so this is extremely helpful. Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
What did people get for the calculation on labour productivity
I thought it was a good paper. How did everyone else find it
I got 80 as the workforce for 2016 and my final answer was 34000 roughly
198.1 % anyone?
Reply 9
I really messed up on the first question, but apart from that i think it went really really well.
Reply 10
I got 33,750 for my answer but the correct answer seems to be 32,188 or something

Had the correct method though so how many marks will I lose?
I got 32,188 but i swear labour productivity is done in percentage?
no that is labour turnover that is in a percentage
i got 40,000
I worked out both years and did it as a percentage change well 🙃🙃🙃fml
(edited 7 years ago)
anyone know what the answer the first question is. I don't think it is a percentage btw
i think the answer was £32,188
Reply 17
i said there was a 0.22% Increase :|
Reply 18
i Used a lot of buss3 and buss4 in my answers
The right answer is 32188 units not pounds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending