The Student Room Group

How was Geography (AQA A)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamie Vardy
Unlucky for them, they'll have to make do with C/D grades.

Lol why are you being like that? Lol aren't you the same person who always complains about stuff? And now you're being arrogant?
Original post by amanii_ox
GEOGRAPHY AQA A PEOPLE!! HIGHER...

THE FIRST QUESTION IN THE LITTLE TABLE,...
it asked something like 24^ WEST and sometreitng 65^NORTH or something like that, they asked what volcano or something was on the map

it began with a 'p' I think
Original post by K_1342
It was Mt St Helens

HALLELUJAH!

idk why i'm worried abt this one q, I still think i lost marks on the 8 markers,,, idk... i ddn't go back and count the points to see if there was enough. i just included everything that i could... but this my not have been enough

Also u know the Q1 8 marker, The Andes fold mountains, did u say terracing, subsitence farmers, llama in mining industry, foresting etc (obvs a lot more explanation) but did u include those points mainly?
:crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:
(edited 7 years ago)
YES I DID THAT!!! YES OMG
I did Q 1, 5, 7

whAt did you do for the one about when u had to draw the map on this bank map, what did u put the labels as (Q5 btw- coasts) i put sandy beaches, bays, headlands

i forgot but, it was those ones around those words and that general gist
wby

ahhhh i did the same questions too
and i put beaches, bays, headlands, cliffs, a cove and a stack
Original post by vincentvangogh
ahhhh i did the same questions too
and i put beaches, bays, headlands, cliffs, a cove and a stack

omg THERE WERE CAVES STUMPS AND STACKS??? included everything else though? I didn't see no stumps or arcs or caves or stacks or any of that omg i'm so blind
Posted from TSR Mobile
I accidentally did the Andes when I was taught about the alps (don't know why!)

I put about the farming, and the llamas used to transport goods. I also mentioned how settlements are situated in the bottom of a valley as there is a constant water source (river) and its flat. Is this stuff right?
I wrote about the Himalayan mountain range, but linked it to the figures? Is that okay?
****, made silly mistakes 😭😭😭
omg THERE WERE CAVES STUMPS AND STACKS??? included everything else though? I didn't see no stumps or arcs or caves or stacks or any of that omg i'm so blind

stumps are often hidden at high tide so i wasn't sure if it was there, my friend said there was a wave cut platform too, but you probably only needed 3/4 labels for full marks :smile: and i didnt see a cave or any of those either D:
I think it went well thought r the drawing of a meander I drew a cross section.

I don't know about the 8 markers like for water on the land wash talked about the effects at two floods then said why the LEDC was more severe is that right?
Original post by vincentvangogh
stumps are often hidden at high tide so i wasn't sure if it was there, my friend said there was a wave cut platform too, but you probably only needed 3/4 labels for full marks :smile: and i didnt see a cave or any of those either D:

i'm pretty sure they don't mark u down for having a wrong interpretation, even if u have more than 4 arrows and points. they should just mark what's right and there.

:smile:

its hard in geography to judge grade boundaries because people do different topics, just because u found the topics that u did easy doesn't mean the other topics weren't hard and may lower the grade boundaries based on their performance
Original post by LiamCollins
I think it went well thought r the drawing of a meander I drew a cross section.

I don't know about the 8 markers like for water on the land wash talked about the effects at two floods then said why the LEDC was more severe is that right?

RiverMeanders.jpg
i did the tops one (with more detail, like the fastest and slowest flow, floodplains etc) because i was sure it meant that. i don't remember seeing cross section...
but i saw a similar q like this on one for the papers and they gave marks for cross section and birds eye view,,,
i'm think u should've got the mark
Original post by B3ASTy
It was mount somehting... but cant remember what...

mount helens :smile:
Did anyone else really struggle with the 8 marker on living world on economic opportunities??
For Andes I put

Hydroelectric power
Llamas carrying
Terraced for farming
Tourism from scenery

It wasn't a hard question you just had to link it back to q
Original post by RKtothesky
It was a breeze. The only Q I did not attempt is "How are lateral moraine formed?".
I may have lost 4 marks, but still, I think I'll be getting an 'A' to 'B' grade.

you could ahve just associated lateral with sideways or to the side and written something, thats what I did anyway :wink:
I've already messed up the first question for restless earth arrrghhh. I put nyiragongo instead of Mount St. Helens
Reply 38
What did you put for labeling the glacier in ice on land!!

Shut up you prick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending