The Student Room Group

Sheffield Hallam Nursing degree HOURS

Hi guys, new here.
I'm going to college September for my access to HE course.
I've just looked at a rota for Nursing, time at uni, time on placement, holidays etc.

I'm just wondering what days and hours are spent at uni when it's not holidays or placement? I'm trying to arrange childcare, my youngest will be 4.5 when I go to uni. Is placement full time hours too? 37.5 hours per week with am, pm and night shifts?
Any help would be much appreciated, I'm trying to understand everything before it happens so I'm not thrown in at the deep end 😉
Original post by AtotheJ
Hi guys, new here.
I'm going to college September for my access to HE course.
I've just looked at a rota for Nursing, time at uni, time on placement, holidays etc.

I'm just wondering what days and hours are spent at uni when it's not holidays or placement? I'm trying to arrange childcare, my youngest will be 4.5 when I go to uni. Is placement full time hours too? 37.5 hours per week with am, pm and night shifts?
Any help would be much appreciated, I'm trying to understand everything before it happens so I'm not thrown in at the deep end 😉

Only the college concerned offering your Access course can answer this.

Ask them if they can share the timetable for the current year (explain that you know that it wont be the same in future years but you need some idea of hours/days so that you can prepare childcare budgets/bookings) and do the same for Sheffield Hallam
Reply 2
I didn't know my college would know this but thanks. I was hoping there'd be someone who could tell me who's doing the nursing course now. I won't find out from college until they call me in....
Original post by AtotheJ
I didn't know my college would know this but thanks. I was hoping there'd be someone who could tell me who's doing the nursing course now. I won't find out from college until they call me in....

You can always phone Sheffield Hallam directly if you're asking about that - it's not clear from your post if you're asking about the BN or about your access course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending