The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography A - 24th May 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

yeah it was the 9 marker at the end of challenges to the planet
What did everyone out for X Y and Z?
Reply 42
the skills part was a little confusing for me but the challenges bit was good :smile:
Anyone got unoffcial mark scheme? And 40 is an A right?
Reply 44
I got viewpoint for X and the rest for wrong lol
Original post by bekahhiggins
I put Church Stretton but I feel like that was too obvious. What did you put for the distance and the answers for the cross section? Did we need to draw a line of best fot for the scatter graph?

2.5 km and for the cross section I just wrote about the trend of how the depth increased and then about the anomalies
Original post by Annaperdy
What did everyone out for X Y and Z?

I put viewpoint, car park, camping site? No idea if it's right!
Original post by U-GradeStudent
I put viewpoint, car park, camping site? No idea if it's right!

I got that but in the opposite order, I may have done it the wrong way round. Oops. At least I got Y.
Reply 48
what's an attitude?
Original post by LindsaySteele27
I got that but in the opposite order, I may have done it the wrong way round. Oops. At least I got Y.

That whole exam feels like a blur. I only learnt one resource extraction case study so I knew I failed when it said examine the contrasts...
Reply 50
Is there a mark scheme made yet?
Part B was quite calm but Part A was a fccking mess. I reckon boundaries will be lower than last years.
Reply 51
Was anyone else not allowed a ruler during the exam? I needed it to measure the distance of the road :-/
Original post by d.aniel
Hey, I was rushing the whole exam because I got stuck on the skills section when they asked to label features x, y and z on the cross section. I saw a tweet which said thankyou edexcel for the 6 marker on natural causes of climate change and I didn't see that question. Did that question come up on our test or did I just read something about another specifications exam. I hope I didn't miss a page😱

no there was no 6 marker! I actually finished section B in like 15 minutes then spent the rest of the exam wrestling with the map. I don't think I did great on the skills section but that section never goes well does it
Original post by Soph00
Was anyone else not allowed a ruler during the exam? I needed it to measure the distance of the road :-/
You definetly need a ruler in a geography exam how could they not allow you one?
Original post by CalCon05
Is there a mark scheme made yet?
Part B was quite calm but Part A was a fccking mess. I reckon boundaries will be lower than last years.
I really hope so... I agree with you part B was great but map was horrible! Everyone I talked to literally has different answers for everything.
Reply 55
I know, everyone was really shocked. I ended up using the scale at the bottom of the OS map and using a piece of paper, I got 2.8km in the end
Original post by flyingfish3000
I really hope so... I agree with you part B was great but map was horrible! Everyone I talked to literally has different answers for everything.

Part B was great?! I thought the exam went terrible. What did you put for the attitude towards climate change?
Reply 57
Part B was great?! I thought the exam went terrible. What did you put for the attitude towards climate change?

That was an awful question. I just gave an example and said that a farmer would have a negative attitude towards Climate chance because it decreases there crop yield. Reckon that's miles off.
I had no idea what that question was on about, it was only 2 marks though? I ended up making something up about how some people believe humans aren't responsible for climate change because it happens anyway whereas others believe we should be reducing our greenhouse emissions to reduce climate change... I'm not sure if that's what it meant though but it was only 2 marks so lets hope the rest of it was okay
Original post by Ahmed74
That was an awful question. I just gave an example and said that a farmer would have a negative attitude towards Climate chance because it decreases there crop yield. Reckon that's miles off.

I completely blanked and just wrote about the Kyoto Protocol. Why didn't I write something like you wrote?? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending