The Student Room Group

How did you find the aqa geography A exam today?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alidas147
I put constructive cause it was surging inland but i guess it wall a high wave so probably destructive

Yeah, the wall as really large and broad, whilet constructive are low and smaller
Original post by A_Tesco_Manager
Yeah, the wall as really large and broad, whilet constructive are low and smaller

Did u do ice on land. If yes what labels did u put
Original post by RKtothesky
I did! I gave 3-4 developed points to it.
It was a fairly straight forward Q and exam.

i thought that the question was how people had adapted so the answer would be more about the passes built over mountains, tunnels through it, goats farmed because theyre used to the climate etc or did i get that completely wrong?
for the labels i just put pyramidal peak glacial trough- u shaped straight steep sided, lateral moraine which was given and then terminal moraine idk
Reply 24
Thought the question was, "how does a destructive wave destruct the coast"
Original post by B3ASTy
What did you guys put for how the vegetation adapts to the climate of tropical rainforests (this is for living world)

i put that they had leaves at their crown to compete for sunlight
drip tips
buttress roots
and they grow really tall
Reply 26
Original post by johnhall027
i put that they had leaves at their crown to compete for sunlight
drip tips
buttress roots
and they grow really tall

I only put bottom and top one, totally forgot about middle two, my teachers had never mentioned them hardly ever.
Reply 27
Also I really would like to know what you guys put for the MEDC, LEDC hot desert economic advantages 8 marker, if you study it of course... (living world)
Original post by B3ASTy
I only put bottom and top one, totally forgot about middle two, my teachers had never mentioned them hardly ever.

ahh man

also on the 8 marker i did the mojave and thar and said in the mojave that there is commercial farming, big tourist industry, mining industry compared to the thar desert where there was subsistence farming, a very small tourist industry and water irrigation schemes

Is this restless earth?? Which question??
I
Original post by Anomali99
Did anyone do the restless earth last question about the alps, and if so would i get any marks for just talking about like how people use the alps

i think it was like how they used it - i did andes and went on about terracing, hep power, mining etc and farming
Reply 31
I failed the flooding case studies. The wording confused me, i mean other than they have no money for anything how can you write the reasons for the differences between the effects
Did anyone do the restless earth last question about the alps, and if so would i get any marks for just talking about like how people use the alps

It talked about adaptation, if you've got he CGP revision guide there's like a tiny slither of information on it below 'how fold mountains are used' Was hoping for a different case study tbh.
Original post by Anonymous20000
Is this restless earth?? Which question??
I

There was a figure with a a large wave thats crashing into the coast, you had to describe it
Reply 34
what was the question again?

That's what I wrote about too, for sure it would bcause if they're using it in certain ways then that's how they've adapted to it. Eg slopes for HEP they're adapting to the problems of the slopes having no flat land by using it for other things
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alidas147
Did u do ice on land. If yes what labels did u put

I put truncated spur lateral moraine terminal moraine glacial trough
There was a figure with a a large wave thats crashing into the coast, you had to describe it

There wasn't a figure with a large wave in restless earth. I think you've got mixed up
I'm so stressed!! In the restless earth 8 marker did you HAVE to talk about the Andes because I spoke about the Alps?
Original post by B3ASTy
Also I really would like to know what you guys put for the MEDC, LEDC hot desert economic advantages 8 marker, if you study it of course... (living world)

For MEDC desert i did Mojave in the USA and for LEDC i did Thar desert in Pakistan and talked about how mojave used irrigation strategies and also how Las vegas brought a lot of tourists giving the country more money
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending