The Student Room Group

What do you think happened to Madeline McCann?

I personally believe the McCann's know exactly what happened to Madaline.The whole question of morality, add in huge amounts sympathy for the parents who made a little mistake and lost their child forever seems like a rather genius plan.

I honestly have never seen the Mccann's shed a tear, their interviews seem so forced and scripted, when they forget their scripts they mumble. I mean, if my daughter disappeared like that, I think I would be visibly broken.

Also, I saw the panorama on Madeline a couple of days ago, and the night she vanished the McCann's were having dinner with a couple they made friends with, the woman who they befriended believes she saw a man with a jacket and long dark hair to the neck (typical dark and mysterious description of a sex offender:colonhash:) carrying a child in an odd fashion, she stuttered and honestly it seems very suspicious.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

too busy revising to care :redface:
Original post by Mayhem™
too busy revising to care :redface:

Very busy procrastinating, so I care! :redface:
Reply 3
Parents overdosed her on sleeping meds. They (or someone else) then ditched the body at sea.
Original post by Reue
Parents overdosed her on sleeping meds. They (or someone else) then ditched the body at sea.

I believe the sedative story. It makes sense too.
Exactly!

I really hope it was the sedative thing because I would hate to think she died any other way. :frown:
Reply 6
I honestly don't think that little girl could've just vanished. I definitely think people are hiding things whether it be her parents, the police, official authorities etc. She went missing in another country, someone MUST have seen something. If she's dead how has no body been found yet? Something has definitely been covered up very well. To be honest it would be almost impossible to find her now, 9 years have passed - she would look considerably different now (if she's alive).

Also at the time this story was so publicised, her face was everywhere, I find it hard to believe that nobody knew anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Yeah, her parents were both doctors and they had a prescription for sleeping pills that they were giving the kids so they could go out at night without worrying about the kids waking up so i definitely think they overdosed her
Reply 9
She attempted to break the world record for world's longest game of hide and seek.
Original post by aarora
I honestly don't think that little girl could've just vanished. I definitely think people are hiding things whether it be her parents, the police, official authorities etc. She went missing in another country, someone MUST have seen something. If she's dead how has no body been found yet? Something has definitely been covered up very well. To be honest it would be almost impossible to find her now, 9 years have passed - she would look considerably different now (if she's alive).

Also at the time this story was so publicised, her face was everywhere, I find it hard to believe that nobody knew anything.

The amount of police forces, both British and Portuguese working to find Madeline makes it difficult to believe she is missing, how could nobody find ANYTHING? I mean things have been covered, and they have done a good job in doing so.

I remember how huge the story was, I live in a rather small town and there were posters of Madeline everywhere. Every parent felt so much sympathy for the Mccanns which is another reason why their plan actually was genius.
It's sad to think but I agree.
Original post by NeverGrowUp
Yeah I think the parents know, especially since they refuse to have a lie detector test...

Tbf Lie Detector tests are not that great in terms of reliability, so I could maybe understand their reservation there.
I don't think the parents had anything to do with it. I think they would have let it go by now if they had done to be honest, not try and put themselves more and more in the frame. I dunno what happened to her, I think she's dead though but I think she was taken and the parents had nothing to do with it but that's just my view.
I agree with you
Certain aspects of her disappearance seem covered up...but who knows.
If she's alive I hope she's well and safe.
If however she is not alive I hope she rests in peace!
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't see why the parents would be making it such a media spectacle if they had something to hide. Kids vanish all the time and get 5 minutes on local news, I can't see somebody guilty essentially increasing police hours into solving it.
Original post by NeverGrowUp
Yeah I think the parents know, especially since they refuse to have a lie detector test...

That could also be because they just think it's unbelievable that they're being interrogated, or that they're concerned because the tests aren't entirely accurate.
Original post by Vicky628
I don't see why the parents would be making it such a media spectacle if they had something to hide. Kids vanish all the time and get 5 minutes on local news, I can't see somebody guilty essentially increasing police hours into solving it.

I agree.
shes dead, soz
A very good cover up, i reckon

Quick Reply

Latest