The Student Room Group

BUSS2 resit 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XIIIESA
and a point for?, i wrote if they needed something substantial while waiting for the predicted income rise they could merge with goldsmiths as they already have 8% of the market share for the mass market, and it could attract more people to their products and vice versa.

My point for the mass market was that it had a greater revenue potential as its a larger market and i said they could use there luxury image as a promotional tool
Reply 41
Grade boundry estimate ?
Original post by Jackwack
Grade boundry estimate ?

Are you resitting this exam? Last year to get an a you needed 56marks and it went down by 5 marks in each grade
Reply 43
No not resisting just want to know what is was likely to be around
Original post by Jackwack
No not resisting just want to know what is was likely to be around

The spec has changed so it is likely the grade boundaries may change i assume you're doing the new specification
what did u say about the marketing mix question? Place and price?
Original post by meimaths123
what did u say about the marketing mix question? Place and price?

Yeah! I used place and price and that they operate in a wealthy area and for pic- they can charge higher prices
I talked about product price and place...
aha same what about the question after that forgot what it was but 2b
What did people put for the sales and leaseback question. I thought that was a bit of a tricky one
aha same what about the question after that forgot what it was but 2b

The price elasticity one?
And the 10% increase in price- i put its price inelstic so if the sales dont change then they can make profits
Original post by Alevelhelp97
The price elasticity one?

yeah
Original post by Zaranoor97
What did people put for the sales and leaseback question. I thought that was a bit of a tricky one

I said it was a good way to improve cash flow cos you can get £9m but you have to pay rent which had increased

yeah that stunned me a bit, did the sale and leaseback point and then said however reducing credit terms to the customers to bring in more cash and improve liquidity etc etc
O
Original post by Alevelhelp97
I said it was a good way to improve cash flow cos you can get £9m but you have to pay rent which had increased

Aah i was wonderig wha the rent figure was there for... did you offer alternatives such as lowering prices?
yeah

It was inelastic and i worked out the new revenue for platinum rings
Original post by Idontknowfml
yeah that stunned me a bit, did the sale and leaseback point and then said however reducing credit terms to the customers to bring in more cash and improve liquidity etc etc

Yeah that sounds like a good point
I didnt think of that
O

Aah i was wonderig wha the rent figure was there for... did you offer alternatives such as lowering prices?

My alternatives were shorter credit terms and debt factoring (even though it may damage the customer satisfaction )
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but in today's paper did anyone talk about debt factoring in the last question?

Quick Reply

Latest