The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 12345kiran
I'm pretty bad too in the prelim I got 2 out of 3 and 1 out of 3

Dont worry, in the prelim i got 0 for both :rofl:
Original post by Ethan100
I'm pretty sure it said How are different voltages and currents obtained ?

Correct me if Im wrong ...
What did you write anyway ?

I spoke about ohms law and how voltage and current are directly proportional. I don't think I answered it correctly
I talked about changing the resistance of the variable resistor

How many marks was that question ?

Going by the way you answered it I think i have gotten it all wrong :frown:
For one of the early questions

where it gave you 4 voltages and 4 currents ( I think)
and then it asked you to find the resistance, what did you guys do with the figures in the table ?

I added all the voltage values together. Then I done the same with the current values and then done R=V/I and got 5

Original post by ___Sophie___
Yeah I did that too and I also said how he could calculate averages or something

I was gonna write averages
Original post by .Jeff458
Your invigilators suck! Everyone (nearly) takes the paper in our school.

Photosynthesis...? *MAJOR FACEPALM

BLOODY HELL!?!? 90/110!?!??!?!?!

Haha dont worry, i probably lost 10 or so marks from stupid mistakes :rofl:

My exams are now over. I can officially sit and play call of duty all day until further notice :biggrin:
Original post by A+Hunter
I added all the voltage values together. Then I done the same with the current values and then done R=V/I and got 5

I was gonna write averages

I got the same tooo 5 ohms, Got an average Voltage and an Average current
How many marks was that question ?

Going by the way you answered it I think i have gotten it all wrong :frown:

1 mark.

I talked about changing the resistance of the variable resistor

I mentioned increasing or decreasing the resistance, But never mentioned the variable resistor. I was going to, But I left it out :/ do u think I'll still get the mark?
For one of the early questions

where it gave you 4 voltages and 4 currents ( I think)
and then it asked you to find the resistance, what did you guys do with the figures in the table ?

I got 5 ohms. But the question said use all the values in the table for some odd reason so i calculated the resistance four times and I got 5 ohms for all of them
Original post by ___Sophie___
I got 5 ohms. But the question said use all the values in the table for some odd reason so i calculated the resistance four times and I got 5 ohms for all of them

Yeah if you found an average for both voltage and current it gives you 5 ohms also. I think that's what they mean too
Really scared for results day :frown:
Yeah if you found an average for both voltage and current it gives you 5 ohms also. I think that's what they mean too

Yeah I never thought of it that way lol

Wait i found the averages for both current and voltage and plugged the numbers in the equation do I get the marks PLS HELP THAT WAS 4 MARKS IM STRESSING AKABSHDKF
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Really scared for results day :frown:

Same, For the prelims getting one result from a subject was pretty scary... Getting them all at once is something else, haha

I just added them :/

Still got 5 ohms tho, But your method seems more correct.

Can u remember ur values for v and i???
Wait i found the averages for both current and voltage and plugged the numbers in the equation do I get the marks PLS HELP THAT WAS 4 MARKS IM STRESSING AKABSHDKF

It was either 3 or 4. I would say 4 because you needed to use the values of each table but I don't know because some people picked one voltage and one current from each table and still got the same answer
Original post by A+Hunter
I just added them :/

Still got 5 ohms tho, But your method seems more correct.

Can u remember ur values for v and i???

No sorry, but my answer was 5 Ohms. Sorry I'm really bad at remembering answers.
It was either 3 or 4. I would say 4 because you needed to use the values of each table but I don't know because some people picked one voltage and one current from each table and still got the same answer

But it said using all of the values from the table?
But it said using all of the values from the table?

Exactly, that's what making me believe it was 4 Marks
I wish i had photographic memory so i could just remember my entire paper and calculate to what extent i failed :rofl:
Exactly, that's what making me believe it was 4 Marks

It was 4 marks yeah. i can remember it clearly being 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending