The Student Room Group

I'm drained

I have exams every day this week and I am so tired that I just had to drink coffee which I never drink. I'm probably going to sleep in a few hours but not before I revise physics, anyone else feeling the same?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wordnerd2
I have exams every day this week and I am so tired that I just had to drink coffee which I never drink. I'm probably going to sleep in a few hours but not before I revise physics, anyone else feeling the same?

Exactly the same. English Lit on Monday almost killed me, I had Latin today (and I got really stressed and paranoid that I skipped some questions even though I don't think I did) - and I have Ancient Greek Set Text and Physics (my worst science) tomorrow.

I feel so tired, but also just weary and - as you say - drained. Also finding it lonely on study leave...
Reply 2
I have Business Studies first tmrw and Physics afterward. I also have Maths the day after, and yeah i'm spending my time on TSR :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by metellaest
Exactly the same. English Lit on Monday almost killed me, I had Latin today (and I got really stressed and paranoid that I skipped some questions even though I don't think I did) - and I have Ancient Greek Set Text and Physics (my worst science) tomorrow.

I feel so tired, but also just weary and - as you say - drained. Also finding it lonely on study leave...

Awh its okay, we are in this together, you can make it, I can't deal with physics and I think its the lit that killed me, roll on poetry... NOT. You can always PM me and we can try to help eachother out here, I'll be a friend if you need one. Good luck with all of your exams anyway
Reply 4
Aww i'm sorry you're feeling like this, it isn't a great feeling :frown:

My advice would be make sure you're drinking plenty of water, Apples are supposed to be great for giving you natural caffeine (more than energy drinks), make sure you aren't doing hours on end on revision make sure you're giving yourself a break even if its 10mins away from your revision, walks are really good go around the block to let yourself have some fresh air. And sometimes stopping revision all together (if you have time) and making sure you are having a couple of hours away from it because you will probably find a couple of hours away from revision things may become a little bit clearer because you're looking at your notes with a fresh pair of eyes. Sleep is also a must, people think staying up all night and revising is better than having a full nights sleep but its actually worse, your rain function isn't working properly in the middle of the night with no sleep, so you will be revising yeah and thinking that you are gaining more information but most of that information you wont retain, so having a good full nights sleep is good aswell!

It will be all over soon, good luck and hope that helps :smile: x
Reply 5
Original post by Kloppo
I have Business Studies first tmrw and Physics afterward. I also have Maths the day after, and yeah i'm spending my time on TSR :smile:

Awh poor you and tsr is a great way to procrastinate in my opinion, good luck for your exams
Reply 6
Original post by JS31294

My advice would be make sure you're drinking plenty of water, Apples are supposed to be great for giving you natural caffeine (more than energy drinks), make sure you aren't doing hours on end on revision make sure you're giving yourself a break even if its 10mins away from your revision, walks are really good go around the block to let yourself have some fresh air. And sometimes stopping revision all together (if you have time) and making sure you are having a couple of hours away from it because you will probably find a couple of hours away from revision things may become a little bit clearer because you're looking at your notes with a fresh pair of eyes. Sleep is also a must, people think staying up all night and revising is better than having a full nights sleep but its actually worse, your rain function isn't working properly in the middle of the night with no sleep, so you will be revising yeah and thinking that you are gaining more information but most of that information you wont retain, so having a good full nights sleep is good aswell!

Thanks for the advice and I sleep a full nights sleep anyway and eat as best I can, I think I'll take at the weekend as it is half term next week, 6 exams down, 16 to go!
Reply 7
Thanks for the advice and I sleep a full nights sleep anyway and eat as best I can, I think I'll take at the weekend as it is half term next week, 6 exams down, 16 to go!

You're welcome, im glad i could help :smile:
Aww good luck! x
We get a week holiday from exams though.
Reply 9
Original post by JS31294
You're welcome, im glad i could help :smile:
Aww good luck! x

Good luck with any exams you have too!
Last year i did my gcse physics triple, and i literally had no teacher for the last 6 months as he was ill, i self taught myself physics and was really scared for the test. But somehow i came out with an A* in physics and only A's in Bio and chem, even with a teacher. What im saying is that physics isnt as bad as it looks, concentrate in your exam and dont give up, youll be fine :wink:
Original post by JS31294

Thanks for the advice :smile: I'll definitely try to get a good night's sleep, but sadly I don't have a few hours to take away from revision (but I'll take shorter ones)

Good luck to you to :smile:

Half term needs to come faster omg. I'm so tired, I went to bed at 1am last night trying to prepare for Media and Geography today. Media went well, but Geog not so much lol. I have Physics tomorrow, then on Thursday I have Maths and IT, and on Friday Poetry for English fml...

I feel like I have the worst string of exams out of everyone around me. Like people have days off tomorrow but I need to revise for Physics ahhh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well I had seven exams last week packed into 4 days... It was hell. However, I didn't drink any coffee whatsoever and I managed to sleep an average of about 8 hours every day. This week I;ve only got one exam so it's much more relaxed, yay! :biggrin:

Yeah i can completely relate! Stress, combined with tiredness combined with nerves is such a bad mix!
Reply 15
Original post by romansholiday
Half term needs to come faster omg. I'm so tired, I went to bed at 1am last night trying to prepare for Media and Geography today. Media went well, but Geog not so much lol. I have Physics tomorrow, then on Thursday I have Maths and IT, and on Friday Poetry for English fml...

I feel like I have the worst string of exams out of everyone around me. Like people have days off tomorrow but I need to revise for Physics ahhh.

Awh I don't have as many as you but I still feel tired so can't imagine how yiu must be feeling, plus is your username halsey lyrics because I love that song!
Reply 16
Original post by asd.987
Well I had seven exams last week packed into 4 days... It was hell. However, I didn't drink any coffee whatsoever and I managed to sleep an average of about 8 hours every day. This week I;ve only got one exam so it's much more relaxed, yay! :biggrin:

Awh poor you but the worst is over now!
Reply 17
Literally, I sometimes skip interventions because I feel so tired...
Or even opening a textbook then just randomly falling sleep.
Original post by metellaest

I agree. Cramming physics today. How did you find Latin?
I know how you feel. I had Literature on Monday, Drama today (which is A LOT of writing), Physics p1 tomorrow, Maths paper 1 on Thursday then Poetry on Friday.
I've only got up to P1.4 and i'm really struggling to motivate myself to do more
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest