The Student Room Group

HELP! Wrote outside of the margin in my GCSE exam

I wrote some of my answer outside of the box in my AQA Geography exam today, will they just ignore it because i'm positive that I would have achieved a mark from it

Scroll to see replies

I don't think its that they ignore it, I have been told that the papers are scanned and if you write outside the box that bit won't get scanned and sent to the examiner.
was it OCR 2 sdme?
Reply 3
it is done now there is no point worrying about it.
How much did you write? Unfortunately, the way the papers are scanned means that it won't be read by the examiner.
Reply 5
it will be scanned but just not the stuff u wrote
So weird to me these threads where ppl remember silliness they did after the fact. It's like you were well aware then so why did you do it before.
they are all cut where the line is and then scanned to make it easier so it will definitly not be marked. Sorry
Original post by SSC1068
I wrote some of my answer outside of the box in my AQA Geography exam today, will they just ignore it because i'm positive that I would have achieved a mark from it

If they see it, they won't ignore it, but they're unlikely to even see it. Examiners don't mark your actual paper - it's scanned in, and the reason the margin boundaries exist is because content outside of the margin won't necessarily be scanned. So you should presume that you won't gain credit for it, unfortunately.
For my edexcel paper I didn't write outside the margins (talking about the science ones) however I wrote under the bit where it says 'total marks for question ... is ... marks' and there was a line underneath that and because I had a lot to write I wrote under that but didnt write outside the big box around the page. Will that be marked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
For my edexcel paper I didn't write outside the margins (talking about the science ones) however I wrote under the bit where it says 'total marks for question ... is ... marks' and there was a line underneath that and because I had a lot to write I wrote under that but didnt write outside the big box around the page. Will that be marked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. It will be. Our bio teacher told us provided it doesn't pass the grey margin then you are good.
if the examiner sees that they can't see the whole answer because you've written outside the box etc when it's scanned they tell the exam board & the exam board file it and send it out as a physical copy for the examiner to mark. you're only told to write inside of the box at the convenience of the examiner, don't worry about it
Original post by Ranveen Pandhal
Yes. It will be. Our bio teacher told us provided it doesn't pass the grey margin then you are good.

Ok good! Haha was worried about that! I always make sure it doesn't go out the margin haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok good! Haha was worried about that! I always make sure it doesn't go out the margin haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah well!! so what papers tomorrow and what exam board do you do???
Yeah well!! so what papers tomorrow and what exam board do you do???

Edexcel physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes we are in the same board though i have business before that!!!

Edexcel physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes we are in the same board though i have business before that!!!

Haha thats cool! U ready? I feel like the exams have been easy so far but I think they'll do something difficult with physics. I guessed the biology 6 markers correct and that blood glucose will come up in biology and I got one of the 6 markers correct in chemistry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I believe it is still marked but done manually.
Depending on the exam board...
It's usually marked online and the examiners usually have an option called 'send for review' so that you're given a fair mark
Haha thats cool! U ready? I feel like the exams have been easy so far but I think they'll do something difficult with physics. I guessed the biology 6 markers correct and that blood glucose will come up in biology and I got one of the 6 markers correct in chemistry!

True that they might mess up our brain with physics though u never know!! yeah
\
Yeah don't panic. They will mark it - they'll either apply for the paper back or the whole thing will be scanned

Quick Reply

Latest