The Student Room Group

How was Geography (AQA A)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harryspain101
The wave was constructive due to the sediment shown deposited on the walkway, it had a high wave crest due to it reaching such a high point along the walkway. Not only this but due to the high volume of spray, we can tell the wave has a high wave energy.

yes i thought it was trick since the next question was on constructive too aha
Original post by amanii_ox
YES I DID THAT!!! YES OMG
I did Q 1, 5, 7

whAt did you do for the one about when u had to draw the map on this bank map, what did u put the labels as (Q5 btw- coasts) i put sandy beaches, bays, headlands

i forgot but, it was those ones around those words and that general gist
wby

I saw a few little dots out in the sea so labelled them as stacks or stumps and I also did 1,5,7 and found it a very good paper
Reply 82
What did you write for the image of the Avalanche in ice on the land
Original post by dch187
exactly the same with me don't worry, you have human and your controlled assessment too

Really hoping so... thing is, I can never tell how I've done it geography bc the mark scheme is so weird... hoping this stress is just unnecessary but I highly doubt it...
The wave was constructive due to the sediment shown deposited on the walkway, it had a high wave crest due to it reaching such a high point along the walkway. Not only this but due to the high volume of spray, we can tell the wave has a high wave energy.

Pretty sure that one was destructive as a high crest is a feature of a destructive wave, as is a high wave energy.
Reply 85
Ugh! I spent most of the exam doing the first 4 questions before realising that you only had to do 3 :frown: still managed to finish.... Just :smile::s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous1705
Pretty sure that one was destructive as a high crest is a feature of a destructive wave, as is a high wave energy.

i put destructive too
GEOGRAPHY AQA A PEOPLE!! HIGHER...

THE FIRST QUESTION IN THE LITTLE TABLE,...
it asked something like 24^ WEST and sometreitng 65^NORTH or something like that, they asked what volcano or something was on the map

I got mount saint helens
GEOGRAPHY AQA A PEOPLE!! HIGHER...

THE FIRST QUESTION IN THE LITTLE TABLE,...
it asked something like 24^ WEST and sometreitng 65^NORTH or something like that, they asked what volcano or something was on the map

It was 44°N and 122°W the volcano was mount saint helens

Ah :frown: I saw the sand on the walkway and just thought of deposition like in constructive waves but thinking about it, I think you're right! well thats 3 marks gone!
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I reckon the grade boundaries will be sky high.

A* - 58
A - 50
B - 43
C - 35

Everyone found it fairly straightforward.

No way. 50 at the most, some people actually found it hard. I found last year's paper easier and an A* was 46

Original post by k.m.b
i put destructive too

There was a lot of deposition and the reason the crest is so high is because of the artificial barricade, rather than a natural one - it wasn't that tall too.
Original post by sunny181113
No way. 50 at the most, some people actually found it hard. I found last year's paper easier and an A* was 46

exactly last years was sooo easy, but maybe thats because we aren't under pressure
Ah :frown: I saw the sand on the walkway and just thought of deposition like in constructive waves but thinking about it, I think you're right! well thats 3 marks gone!

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it as most of the paper was easy, so although you may have shed marks here, I bet you picked them back up later on :smile:
Original post by 1jonam16
There was a lot of deposition and the reason the crest is so high is because of the artificial barricade, rather than a natural one - it wasn't that tall too.

oh
i said the crest was tall so it appeared to have a strong swash up the coast and it was a tall wave in comparison to its width

also, i didn't know if aqa were being tricks-y by putting another question about constructive waves after it, which is another reason I put destructive
I did 1 5 7 and it was decent tbf
Reply 96
omg THERE WERE CAVES STUMPS AND STACKS??? included everything else though? I didn't see no stumps or arcs or caves or stacks or any of that omg i'm so blind

you had to look closely there were like a few dots in the sea couldve been stack or stump
Reply 97
Original post by roshna00
i thought it was good :smile: restless earth and water were great. The only sticky bit was talking about political impacts of sea level rise in Coasts

That one was really hard.:s-smilie:
Original post by k.m.b
oh
i said the crest was tall so it appeared to have a strong swash up the coast and it was a tall wave in comparison to its width

also, i didn't know if aqa were being tricks-y by putting another question about constructive waves after it, which is another reason I put destructive

you just quelled your own doubts, constructive waves have a powerful swash, destructive have a powerful BACKswash and yh i think AQA were trying to trick
Original post by Cj707
In the coasts section what did you put for "describe the wave" 😂

When I saw that question I was genuinely like 'naaa are you having a laugh' 😂
THERE WAS NO WAVE 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending