The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Rhythmical
Yeah you have the guys lined up for you! :tongue: naah they really don't :wink:

One time I signed up to catfish people, ended up getting emails saying people were into me omg lol.

I know, *sigh* :frown: food is the best, ain't got no one because food is tied to me lol! :tongue: when I get married, I'll say I do and that's it tbh.

who :hmmmm: expose them :colone: gurl how do you know, make a crush thread :lol:

HAHAHa once I put Halsey as my profile pic and got ALL the thirsty guys :colone:

ikr can't cheat on baeeee
yeah exactly it would be much cuter that way too imo xD
Reply 61
Original post by frostyy
The hijab is symbolically associated with the lack of freedom because in some Islamic countries like Iran, it's mandatory. We know that you guys choose to wear it in the UK and nobody forces you to, but you can't expect people to make claims on how liberated you are, when religion, the reason for you wearing it, is also the reason why women in the Middle East have no such choice.

There are also many countries that force people to convert to Christianity but you don't see anyone going up to Christians in the UK telling them they oppressed because some Christians in Africa are killing people for not converting.
Reply 62
Original post by inhuman
Where did I coerce OP? OP had a problem, I suggested the most obvious solution. If OP doesn't like that solution fine. Does not invalidate the solution. You were the one who got her panties in a wad over the mere suggestion.

And so you don't think men have the right to coerce you about your clothing and yet it is because of men (sexualising you) that you wear it.

Perhaps it escaped your limited notice, but I was addressing another person when you decided to reply instead, and this other person suggested that my experiences were invalid because as a liberal athiest they knew better about what liberty is, and this other person was shock (shocked I say!) that I had the audacity to find people.commenting on how a woman should dress to be intrusive and concerning, this other person recommended that I and other muslim women be thankful that noble white knights such as he had the bravery to try and drown our protestation with simplistic ignorant assertions, this other person concludes that given that they are trying to help, any objection from women such as myself is in fact absurd.

This is coersion. Neither you, nor he nor any other pretentious person has a right to try and subdue a narrative and experience alien to them and try assume authority, this is classic orietalism.

And as for the jab and low paid blue collar work, far be it from me to abuse and look down on a human being working hard to provide for themselves and their family.

And dw about the lack of "diversity", soon bby soon. We are coming.
Original post by inhuman
Such a rebel bro.

And ah I see, being at university puts you ahead of all the kids on here. Ever thought that after more than a decade of existing some of these "kids" aren't kids anymore?

You can be 12 or 50, but having a view of different cultures and belief systems as narrow as yours shows that you really haven't learnt much in your existence, and therefore are on a par with children.
Original post by z33
who :hmmmm: expose them :colone: gurl how do you know, make a crush thread :lol:

HAHAHa once I put Halsey as my profile pic and got ALL the thirsty guys :colone:

ikr can't cheat on baeeee
yeah exactly it would be much cuter that way too imo xD

One of them is me :wink: and naah that's desperate, I'd never live it down! :laugh:

Omg seriously? I can relate, she brings all the guys for me, one time I had my photo up and oh god I got creepy PM's smh just piss off fgs. -.-

Hahah I know, tbh the only time I'm getting married is in the Sims :frown:
Reply 65
One of them is me :wink: and naah that's desperate, I'd never live it down! :laugh:

Omg seriously? I can relate, she brings all the guys for me, one time I had my photo up and oh god I got creepy PM's smh just piss off fgs. -.-

Hahah I know, tbh the only time I'm getting married is in the Sims :frown:

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy love you too bebz <3 trutru xD it's only TSR :tongue:

the thirst is real when you're a Muslim guy with suppressed sex drive :lol:

i know gurl I meet someone and give birth to their baby on the same day in that game :rofl:
Original post by z33
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy love you too bebz <3 trutru xD it's only TSR :tongue:

the thirst is real when you're a Muslim guy with suppressed sex drive :lol:

i know gurl I meet someone and give birth to their baby on the same day in that game :rofl:

Who said I loved you?! :colone: joking, love you too! :colondollar: and yeah I know but what if someone fell in love with me, how exciting would that be! :laugh:

Oh god they were Muslim? Wtf creeps, I got white people asking me for snapchat. Told them to piss off, I ain't about that. They didn't get the hint when I said I was Muslim.

Haha that reminds me, I made a Muslim family and the teenage daughter, I got her to have a haram relationship and have a baby :tongue: and she dressed unmodest and stuff, it was so weird but I was bored lol.
Wear a transparent hijab
Reply 68
Original post by Audrey18
Is there anything wrong with a muslim wanting to be in a relationship with a non-muslim? If there was a problem what would you do? Murder the girl for ruining the family honour? Please keep such primitive thinking to the Middle East, Pakistan and all those states.. This is the UK. It's a tolerant society but don't you dare take advantages of the UK's government's kindness as a sign of weakness.

Calm yourself woman, marriege between muslim woman and non muslim.man is not considered legitimate, in that respect yeah for muslims marrying a non muslim is a concern. Maybe stop watching movies and lecturing people as if by virtue of your ethnicity and religious denomination you think you have the right to tell someone "don't you dare...", this isnt a lynch mob in 1950's America, your southern belle attitude doesn't command respect nor does it induce shame. All it does is antagonise and humour.

Sit down and hush before you make absurd claims about people whose cluture you have only experienced via the lens of your own.
Original post by z33
I really don't haha xD

ayyyyyyyyyyyy "Single Muslims 4lyfe" :biggrin:

They do! :lol: am I? it just seems like bare effort getting a dress and stuff and having to act like a human in front of everyone xDDD
plus all the criticism you get for not being stick thin, questions about helping round the house, when you're gonna get married etc. is like

ooooOooOoh rebels :colone: xD

I always find the stick thin requirement so weird.
Alot of pakistani men like girls who practically have the bodies of men aka really skinny attractive but with boobs it;s quite weird imo.

If you look at ethnic races where men have much higher free testosterone (such as blacks or arabs) they prefer women with alot more meat on them. I think that says something.
Original post by Propi
Calm yourself woman, marriege between muslim woman and non muslim.man is not considered legitimate, in that respect yeah for muslims marrying a non muslim is a concern. Maybe stop watching movies and lecturing people as if by virtue of your ethnicity and religious denomination you think you have the right to tell someone "don't you dare...", this isnt a lynch mob in 1950's America, your southern belle attitude doesn't command respect nor does it induce shame. All it does is antagonise and humour.

Sit down and hush before you make absurd claims about people whose cluture you have only experienced via the lens of your own.

Did you just let the mask slip from your face when you attempted to put me in my place because I'm a female and that by virtue of my gender I'm not supposed to voice my opinions and instead submit myself to males because that is the way it is in your world? That may be your world but you're clearly in the wrong country if you think you can force those draconian views onto women here in the UK. Mind it!
Reply 71
Original post by Anonymous
I always find the stick thin requirement so weird.
Alot of pakistani men like girls who practically have the bodies of men aka really skinny attractive but with boobs it;s quite weird imo.

If you look at ethnic races where men have much higher free testosterone (such as blacks or arabs) they prefer women with alot more meat on them. I think that says something.

i know - and we arab girls are mostly 'thick' or whatever but the arab dudes still want stick thin girls i dont get it xD
Original post by z33
i know - and we arab girls are mostly 'thick' or whatever but the arab dudes still want stick thin girls i dont get it xD

the arabs I know don't want stick thin girls lol

I know some pakistani thick girls too lol but arab women have lush bodies generally I've seen.
Then again alot of pakistani girls have the bodies that their men like so I guess it works out for them I just think it looks bad.
ask this on the isoc, not on tsr to mainly liberals and atheists.
Reply 74
the arabs I know don't want stick thin girls lol

I know some pakistani thick girls too lol but arab women have lush bodies generally I've seen.
Then again alot of pakistani girls have the bodies that their men like so I guess it works out for them I just think it looks bad.

where are they i need numbers plz :lol:

hmm yeah i understand oh well to each their own eh? :tongue:
Original post by z33
where are they i need numbers plz :lol:

hmm yeah i understand oh well to each their own eh? :tongue:

the arabs I know still live in arab countries, so I'm guessing them wanting stick thin girls is partly media influence.

Alot of guys have a "thick" craze going on rn anyway, where do you live?

Boys in arab countries do still have media influence but I guess they don't care as much, also living in a hot climate has affects. I feel their lifestyle is more raw as well compared to in wester countries.
Ask friends, cousin sisters etc. Find out if there's other muslim guys in the uni :yes:
Reply 77
Who said I loved you?! :colone: joking, love you too! :colondollar: and yeah I know but what if someone fell in love with me, how exciting would that be! :laugh:

Oh god they were Muslim? Wtf creeps, I got white people asking me for snapchat. Told them to piss off, I ain't about that. They didn't get the hint when I said I was Muslim.

Haha that reminds me, I made a Muslim family and the teenage daughter, I got her to have a haram relationship and have a baby :tongue: and she dressed unmodest and stuff, it was so weird but I was bored lol.

omg that would be bare cute, if it was in the form of an anon fail too so romantic :daydreaming:

yuppp xD waow x_X then they come on here and talk about how much they hate islam bc of their saltiness at being rejected :lol:

oh my gosh HAHAHAHA that's so funny
all i do is drown the characters x_X :rofl: im so ****ed up hahaha
Reply 78
Original post by Propi
And as for the jab and low paid blue collar work, far be it from me to abuse and look down on a human being working hard to provide for themselves and their family.

And dw about the lack of "diversity", soon bby soon. We are coming.

I honestly can't be arsed to reply to that gibberish in the beginning. Completely irrelevant to anything I said.

And what jab? Poor people tend to have more kids. That is a statistic. So I just mentioned some jobs these people might have. You are the one who keeps saying "we are coming". If you want to dish out, you better be prepared to take, too.

And there you go again. Confirm every stereotype. Feels rather good tbh.
Reply 79
the arabs I know still live in arab countries, so I'm guessing them wanting stick thin girls is partly media influence.

Alot of guys have a "thick" craze going on rn anyway, where do you live?

Boys in arab countries do still have media influence but I guess they don't care as much, also living in a hot climate has affects. I feel their lifestyle is more raw as well compared to in wester countries.

oh yeah maybe

trutru - london :tongue:
i think it's more of the female family members that criticise the girls' body than the guys

yeahhh trutru

Latest

Trending

Trending