The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
omg that would be bare cute, if it was in the form of an anon fail too so romantic :daydreaming:

yuppp xD waow x_X then they come on here and talk about how much they hate islam bc of their saltiness at being rejected :lol:

oh my gosh HAHAHAHA that's so funny
all i do is drown the characters x_X :rofl: im so ****ed up hahaha

Haha and here is me accidentally clicking anon on my posts! Whoops! :tongue:

Ikr, smh wtf do they want? Don't come to me for a ****ing rishta mate, they said being Muslim was a turn on for them. :colone:

I know! I felt bad because I intended to make them a good Muslim family, the mum was Pakistani and the dad was white but he converted for his wife but he ended up cheating on her. I've drowned my Sims way too much, used to scare me when the Grim Reaper used to come. :frown: one day my sim died at university as she did an all nighter and starved. :cry:
Reply 81
Original post by cbatothinkofone
You can be 12 or 50, but having a view of different cultures and belief systems as narrow as yours shows that you really haven't learnt much in your existence, and therefore are on a par with children.

Says who, you?

I laugh. I am certain I have lived in more countries than you, seen more of the world than you, experienced more cultures. I am making an informed, rational decision.

What you are doing on the other hand is completely childish. You take one idea in your head and go with it regardless of context, you insult others while at the same time pretending you were the one who was insulted. Reminds me a lot of footballers on the pitch these days.
Reply 82
Original post by Rhythmical
Haha and here is me accidentally clicking anon on my posts! Whoops! :tongue:

Ikr, smh wtf do they want? Don't come to me for a ****ing rishta mate, they said being Muslim was a turn on for them. :colone:

I know! I felt bad because I intended to make them a good Muslim family, the mum was Pakistani and the dad was white but he converted for his wife but he ended up cheating on her. I've drowned my Sims way too much, used to scare me when the Grim Reaper used to come. :frown: one day my sim died at university as she did an all nighter and starved. :cry:

:lol: ahaha yeah i do that as well x_X

lmaoooooo ahahha ayyyyyyy u kno how to get them white guys now :colone:

that's so cute xD
awh shiet sounds like my life ukno :rofl:
Reply 83
Original post by Audrey18
Did you just let the mask slip from your face when you attempted to put me in my place because I'm a female and that by virtue of my gender I'm not supposed to voice my opinions and instead submit myself to males because that is the way it is in your world? That may be your world but you're clearly in the wrong country if you think you can force those draconian views onto women here in the UK. Mind it!

Mfw I am also a woman. Lol

I gendered my insults because you are the walking stereotype of a white woman who talks to all ethnic guys as if they are children and attributes nefarious intent to everything they do that you disagree with. Your assumption that the user intended honor killing is beyond absurd, and assigning yourself as the guardian of Brtish liberal morality is hilarious given that weather you like it or not we're all British, you are not more authentically British because you are white. In your comment you patronised, screeched down to and effectively duhumanised a user when you had no idea what context he was talking from. We are not prone to sudden fits of murder, honor killing the default reaction of a brown Muslim man. So beat it, bigot.
Reply 84
Original post by inhuman
I honestly can't be arsed to reply to that gibberish in the beginning. Completely irrelevant to anything I said.

And what jab? Poor people tend to have more kids. That is a statistic. So I just mentioned some jobs these people might have. You are the one who keeps saying "we are coming". If you want to dish out, you better be prepared to take, too.

And there you go again. Confirm every stereotype. Feels rather good tbh.

You jabbed at the fact they would be working cleaning toilets? You some kind of toff living off daddy's money? You think its funny to laugh at the working class folk who pave the road for the privleged to go about doing what they do without inconvenience? I can take it, I enjoy arguing on the internet, so keep dishing it pls.

Your comments repeatedly voice subtle paranoia and fear of Muslims overtaking or clustering or generally denying we are part of the fabric of society. But we are, and we are here, and wherever you live we are coming. /GOT End sountrack
Original post by inhuman
Says who, you?

I laugh. I am certain I have lived in more countries than you, seen more of the world than you, experienced more cultures. I am making an informed, rational decision.

What you are doing on the other hand is completely childish. You take one idea in your head and go with it regardless of context, you insult others while at the same time pretending you were the one who was insulted. Reminds me a lot of footballers on the pitch these days.

An informed rational decision to undermine other peoples religion? Yeah, alright then.

There is only one context in this situation, the one given in the post.

I have insulted you. Your comments have the potential to insult many. Implying that the solution is as simple as to 'take it off' belittles what constitutes a significant part of their belief system.
Reply 86
Original post by Propi
You jabbed at the fact they would be working cleaning toilets? You some kind of toff living off daddy's money? You think its funny to laugh at the working class folk who pave the road for the privleged to go about doing what they do without inconvenience? I can take it, I enjoy arguing on the internet, so keep dishing it pls.

Your comments repeatedly voice subtle paranoia and fear of Muslims overtaking or clustering or generally denying we are part of the fabric of society. But we are, and we are here, and wherever you live we are coming. /GOT End sountrack

Paranoia or not, you just prove me right, so thanks, keep going.

No I took a jab not at working people but at your kids and all the Muslims you say will be flooding Europe.

But yes, the one point you are right on is that I believe Islam is a terrible ideology and has no place in the modern world.
Reply 87
I remember this muslim girl that i thought was cool and we got along with then when i wanted to hug her goodbye one day she said she couldn't touch me because religion.

As far as you're being forced to wear that black oppressive garment then good luck searching for a mate
Reply 88
Original post by inhuman
Paranoia or not, you just prove me right, so thanks, keep going.

No I took a jab not at working people but at your kids and all the Muslims you say will be flooding Europe.

But yes, the one point you are right on is that I believe Islam is a terrible ideology and has no place in the modern world.

You took a jab at their line of work, believe it or not that is classism. You belie your own prejudice towards the poor and needy and I find it repugnant. And I don't expect a non-muslim to think Islam is great so that's not really controversial is it?

Anyway you bore me, I will await someone else to entertain my arguments.
Original post by Listers
I remember this muslim girl that i thought was cool and we got along with then when i wanted to hug her goodbye one day she said she couldn't touch me because religion.

As far as you're being forced to wear that black oppressive garment then good luck searching for a mate

If you'd taken literally 6 seconds to google what a Hijab was, this post would be a lot less embarrassing for you.
Reply 90
An informed rational decision to undermine other peoples religion? Yeah, alright then.

There is only one context in this situation, the one given in the post.

I have insulted you. Your comments have the potential to insult many. Implying that the solution is as simple as to 'take it off' belittles what constitutes a significant part of their belief system.

Religion is nothing more than an ideology. Just because the basis is a supernatural being doesn't make it any more special than other ideologies.

And as all ideologies it is not exempt from scrutiny and criticism.

Have you ever stopped to question that maybe she is the one who should adapt? Just for one second? She specifically mentioned being at a mostly non-Muslim uni. The point of the Hijab is to deflect sexual desire. It is obviously working too well. In fact it doesn't just deflect sexual desire it seems to put off people from even talking to her much less have sexual interest. So maybe she should see what it is like without the Hijab. If suddenly guys are all over her, and she is uncomfortable, by all means, wear it again.

But to pretend that someone's belief is the holy grail and suggesting to alter it makes you offensive, that is the real crime here.

It's quite sad really, whenever I take these online tests I am consistently centre left if not left. This is pretty much the only topic I have more right wing views and yet the more I talk to people with views like yours the more it shocks me how misguided some people are.
Reply 91
If you'd taken literally 6 seconds to google what a Hijab was, this post would be a lot less embarrassing for you.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=black+hijab&espv=2&biw=1440&bih=737&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiu0_mxnPPMAhXFLMAKHZZEAoMQ_AUIBigB
Reply 92
Original post by Propi
You took a jab at their line of work, believe it or not that is classism. You belie your own prejudice towards the poor and needy and I find it repugnant. And I don't expect a non-muslim to think Islam is great so that's not really controversial is it?

Anyway you bore me, I will await someone else to entertain my arguments.

Great, I find your opinions and the ideology you follow repugnant, too.

And no, I don't bore you, you just have no arguments to bring up. You're entire omg I am the Muslim girl so I must know better spiel is just a farce.

But hey, at the end of the day if you are so scared of men looking at you that you feel the need to cover yourself up to mitigate that, that's your problem.
Reply 93
Original post by inhuman
Great, I find your opinions and the ideology you follow repugnant, too.

And no, I don't bore you, you just have no arguments to bring up. You're entire omg I am the Muslim girl so I must know better spiel is just a farce.

But hey, at the end of the day if you are so scared of men looking at you that you feel the need to cover yourself up to mitigate that, that's your problem.

Aw my fee fee's. Why won't the anonymous guy on the internet shower me with approval, it hurts muh insecurities *sniff*

Move man, you've played your cards and lost.
Original post by Anonymous
I know my parents will be looking for someone for me after my education. But I don't just want to rely on my parents to look since it'll lower my chances of finding someone I truly connect with.

However its difficult for me to find someone myself due to these following reasons.

- None of my friends have male friends, as I've been in a girls school throughout secondary and college.

- I attend a majority white and non-muslim uni. I'm fine with getting to know someone of another race, but I feel like my hijab acts as a sign saying "Don't talk to me", so they don't try to talk to me.

- I hardly have any societies in my uni, even if I do they're hardly active.

- I have 3 muslim males in my course. But the one I actually felt attracted to and got along with turned out to be a fvckboy.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?

Where are you from and how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
Religion is nothing more than an ideology. Just because the basis is a supernatural being doesn't make it any more special than other ideologies.

And as all ideologies it is not exempt from scrutiny and criticism.

Have you ever stopped to question that maybe she is the one who should adapt? Just for one second? She specifically mentioned being at a mostly non-Muslim uni. The point of the Hijab is to deflect sexual desire. It is obviously working too well. In fact it doesn't just deflect sexual desire it seems to put off people from even talking to her much less have sexual interest. So maybe she should see what it is like without the Hijab. If suddenly guys are all over her, and she is uncomfortable, by all means, wear it again.

But to pretend that someone's belief is the holy grail and suggesting to alter it makes you offensive, that is the real crime here.

It's quite sad really, whenever I take these online tests I am consistently centre left if not left. This is pretty much the only topic I have more right wing views and yet the more I talk to people with views like yours the more it shocks me how misguided some people are.

I agree with your point that all ideologies, including religion, are subject to criticism, however it is your matter of fact manner that you are right and they are wrong (with regards to oppression), and your inability to even consider alternative points of view that I had a problem with. I don't see why she has to adapt. Yes, maybe it would be easier for her to find someone if she were not to wear the Hijab, but is that someone that she really wants to be with? My entire argument has been based around the fact that it's an individual choice and people should respect that. If that's misguided then so be it.

This may come as a surprise to you, but not all Hijabs are black. The fact that you had to add 'black' to this is a little hint for you.
Reply 97
This may come as a surprise to you, but not all Hijabs are black. The fact that you had to add 'black' to this is a little hint for you.

Most of the muslim women i see wear the Black one or the Black Niqab because of the heat it generates in the cold west.

Which is why i said black
Original post by z33
:lol: ahaha yeah i do that as well x_X

lmaoooooo ahahha ayyyyyyy u kno how to get them white guys now :colone:

that's so cute xD
awh shiet sounds like my life ukno :rofl:

Haha and then people say why am I hiding behind anon! :laugh:

No, ew the brown ones are the ones I want, marriage material and halal :wink:

It was cute but hella complicated! xD and yep same,, she never did finish her medicine degree. :frown:
Reply 99
Original post by Rhythmical
Haha and then people say why am I hiding behind anon! :laugh:

No, ew the brown ones are the ones I want, marriage material and halal :wink:

It was cute but hella complicated! xD and yep same,, she never did finish her medicine degree. :frown:

:lol: yeah

ahaha it's hard to find reasonable ones tho :sigh:

awhhhhhhhhhhh :frown: rip drowned
tfw you can't get out without a ladder... even tho you could just climb out x_x

Latest

Trending

Trending