The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Soo true and why has not even one ape been able to evolve even slightly over such a long period?

To what long period do you refer?
Original post by h333
Soo true and why has not even one ape been able to evolve even slightly over such a long period?

Read my previous comment.

Also, you cannot with any intellectual integrity say that you don't believe in evolution because we haven't 'observed it' in apes today, when the basis of evolution is that it has taken 3.8 billion years.

The 1000-odd years of human scientific maturity is not even nearly enough to observe evolution in motion. The evidence lies elsewhere, and it is overwhelming.

There's so much evidence that the only people still denying its existence are the scientifically illiterate and the dogmatically religious. Coincidence?

Methinks not.
Original post by h333

I agree.

I just needed to get some answers about evolution. This is because evolution supports a consistent and periodic progression of species. This means that there should be less developed semi-humans (in the form of a human/ape combination) and more developed humans (in an advanced state).

I don't know the answers to these questions. I am trying to learn because there are quite a lot of experts on TSR.
Original post by Wired_1800
I agree.

I just needed to get some answers about evolution. This is because evolution supports a consistent and periodic progression of species. This means that there should be less developed semi-humans (in the form of a human/ape combination) and more developed humans (in an advanced state).

I don't know the answers to these questions. I am trying to learn because there are quite a lot of experts on TSR.

There were. Humans destroyed them all via a mix of killing them to extinction and interbreeding with them.
Says something about humans really.
Reply 64
Original post by Wired_1800
I agree.

Yeah I understand what you mean. And I am no expert but can see the missing links. I do not believe we evolved from apes as there is no solid evidence. And is this not a theory anyways? With evolution parts I agree with, but not entirely. Like not the ape part. But it is interesting to know.
Reply 65
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
To what long period do you refer?

These thousands of years that have passed or maybe since the time apes stopped evolving completely to form of humans. But how long do we have to wait, does ape evolving take so billions of years? Like maybe not even a slight change?

Original post by WhiteBison
Read my previous comment.

Also, you cannot with any intellectual integrity say that you don't believe in evolution because we haven't 'observed it' in apes today, when the basis of evolution is that it has taken 3.8 billion years.

The 1000-odd years of human scientific maturity is not even nearly enough to observe evolution in motion. The evidence lies elsewhere, and it is overwhelming.

There's so much evidence that the only people still denying its existence are the scientifically illiterate and the dogmatically religious. Coincidence?

Methinks not.

I did not say that I completely deny evolution. Just don't agree with the ape being evolved into humans. And ok maybe if evidence is found then I will see about the theory. And evolution does not mean I will reject God.
Original post by h333
These thousands of years that have passed or maybe since the time apes stopped evolving completely to form of humans. But how long do we have to wait, does ape evolving take so billions of years? Like maybe not even a slight change?

I did not say that I completely deny evolution. Just don't agree with the ape being evolved into humans. And ok maybe if evidence is found then I will see about the theory. And evolution does not mean I will reject God.

Well, if you're denying humans evolved from apes then surely you're denying evolution as a whole? Unless you're suggesting we're the exception, which would be weird.

Anyway, I don't mind what you believe, but accepting evolution does not necessitate that you reject God. If it makes you happy, then you should believe in Him (provided you aren't too vocal about it).

-imout
Reply 67
You, uh...

You do realise there weren't any fire-breathing dinosaurs, right?

Yes they were.
Reply 68
Original post by WhiteBison
Well, if you're denying humans evolved from apes then surely you're denying evolution as a whole? Unless you're suggesting we're the exception, which would be weird.

Anyway, I don't mind what you believe, but accepting evolution does not necessitate that you reject God. If it makes you happy, then you should believe in Him (provided you aren't too vocal about it).

-imout

I thought evolution is not that simple and involves natural selection etc. And yeah I really don't accept apes evolving into humans for now. Ofcourse I believe in God and I don't see that changing as I am convinced so hopefully I won't need to. My religion is not against science. Just theories needs to be proven if scientific.

Same peace.
Original post by Listers
Yes they were.

I've never heard of any. Do you have any evidence?
Reply 70
I've never heard of any. Do you have any evidence?

You haven't researched hard enough.

http://creationwiki.org/Fire_breathing_dragon
There isn't ever any threads from Muslims trying to combat Christians or any other battle between religions, it's always atheists trying to prove they are right. Why can't other atheists just believe what they believe and keep quiet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
because dinosaurs are too cool to be in any religious text. they have better thing to do like netflix and chill with god and abba!!!
Reply 73
Exactly, we need to remember that evolution is based upon human theories as well.
No mate, God exists you are just blind. Totally oblivious to the truth.
Reply 75
What the **** is your problem
enough of islam threads
Original post by Alien Warrior
???

Dude you have to chill with sparking all this controversy. Just go work for Rupert Murdoch and Sky news if you want to hate on religion so bad.
Original post by Redflag99
Because all religions are fake
\

ur saying it like the theory of evolution isn't fake...im sorry but your great grandad may be a monkey but mine wasn't. and the big bang thing? BANG?

"what made the bang"
"oh, it just happened"
" thats definitely proof then"
"yes, science is all about proof"
Because religions are tools created by the powerful to control the gullible. Does anyone really believe these first / seventh century books? Seven headed dragons? Winged horses? Come on, we know you monotheists are better than this...
if u ask me, believe what u believe and let the rest believe what they want believe...

Latest

Trending

Trending