The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography Spec A Unit 1 Core Geography 24th May

Anyone else doing the paper tomorrow? How are you feeling?
Original post by wildjones
Anyone else doing the paper tomorrow? How are you feeling?

Me! not ready for it at all!
Reply 2
Too many statistics ;(
Reply 3
Good luck everyone!
Reply 4
How did everyone find it? And what case studies did you do? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by grace143
How did everyone find it? And what case studies did you do? :smile:

I found it alright! I did Bangladesh, Boscastle, Ghana, and Uganda, probably a few more but idk, just what the question called for:biggrin: you? What did you think?
Reply 6
Original post by wildjones
I found it alright! I did Bangladesh, Boscastle, Ghana, and Uganda, probably a few more but idk, just what the question called for:biggrin: you? What did you think?

What did you do for the population qwc??
Shall we make an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 8
Such a nice paper!
Reply 9
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
Shall we make an unofficial mark scheme?

Yes!!
Ghana question:
Spoke about dumping and Ghana not being in the EU
Technology to reduce climate change:
Renewable resources
Carbon capture? - not to sure
Bedzed
Electric cars
How birth rate and death rate effect pop structure:
- high birth rate - youthful - however if birth rate lowers - when people born during high birth age - ageing pop...eg. In the UK now- high birth rate after WW2, babies born then are now 65+
Low birth rate - ageing pop - eg. In France
High death rate - lower life expectancy & no ageing pop
High death rate of one gender - uneven structure
Any more?
Reply 11
Original post by Welsh06
What did you do for the population qwc??

Ahh, just talked about the UK and France with the ageing population, had no idea really:s-smilie: least confident on that question but the rest was alright.
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
Ghana question:
Spoke about dumping and Ghana not being in the EU
Technology to reduce climate change:
Renewable resources
Carbon capture? - not to sure
Bedzed
Electric cars
How birth rate and death rate effect pop structure:
- high birth rate - youthful - however if birth rate lowers - when people born during high birth age - ageing pop...eg. In the UK now- high birth rate after WW2, babies born then are now 65+
Low birth rate - ageing pop - eg. In France
High death rate - lower life expectancy & no ageing pop
High death rate of one gender - uneven structure
Any more?

living in an active zone: why people stay is hazardous zones:-geothermal energy (eg in Iceland)-fertile/ mineral rich soils-aren't aware of the risks-can't afford to leave-tourism ...etc...development question about any MDGs in sub-saharan africa-eg MDG2- primary education -eg in Mali and Niger (OXFAM)-Also in Uganda in Malawi (DFID)or any MDGs like MDG7 in Lesotho etc...any other remembered qs?
lol tbh I don't think I did good because I didn't add much case studies to the 6 mark questions. All I put was a point and a country of that example. Lol I failed
Reply 14
Original post by btsseokjin
lol tbh I don't think I did good because I didn't add much case studies to the 6 mark questions. All I put was a point and a country of that example. Lol I failed

Nahh I doubt it, all you really need is one case study in each one unless it specifies. Bet you got an A* m8:wink: good luck for Physics!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending