The Student Room Group

Official OCR Physics A G481 24th May June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ludd-sama
Am I the only one who got 21 for the number of cars...:s-smilie:

I got 23 but one of my friends got 21, the other got 29 I think.
Original post by SlippyDuck117
Same, I literally needed 15 more seconds; I had the answer to the second to last question on my calculator but ran out of time ... I've probably lost 3 marks on that question, and probs about 10 marks throughout that paper. I think I got 45 as a minimum though; but I just need an A. With only resit candidates and such an easy paper I have a feeling the boundaries are going to be really high, like 50 for an A. I don't know how I keep running out of time though. It was better than last year though I must say; last year I had at least 1/3 unanswered due to time.

Yeah easily better than last year considering I got a U lmao
Original post by EpicNameBro
Yeah easily better than last year considering I got a U lmao

Just hope OCR are nice with the boundaries. If it's 50+ for an A I will cry

No way will it be 50+ for an A, highest it's been is 47/48. This year I think it will be 46/45.
Am I the only one who got 21 for the number of cars...:s-smilie:

Nah, I got that too, lets wait for someone to give us a essay on why we're wrong (hope we're not).
Original post by EpicNameBro
No way will it be 50+ for an A, highest it's been is 47/48. This year I think it will be 46/45.

Only resit students took the exam, no year 12's. Also most people found it very easy. With those 2 factors I'm pretty sure the boundaries will be high. Or OCR could just be nice and just use last year's boundaries haha

But 45/46 would be ok I think :biggrin: Even if anyone slips into the B grade boundary I'm sure they'll make it up with the G482 paper!
Does teachercol provide answers to all the questions? Or only key questions in the paper? Thanks in advance
Original post by Nataxz_9
Nah, I got that too, lets wait for someone to give us a essay on why we're wrong (hope we're not).

**frantically waiting for teachercol to publish his mark scheme haha**
Original post by Daribig
Does teachercol provide answers to all the questions? Or only key questions in the paper? Thanks in advance

All answers. He's a legend.
**frantically waiting for teachercol to publish his mark scheme haha**

Typing them up now

Yo, chill, There's no way it'll be 50+, the highest we've ever had for an A was 47.
Original post by Nataxz_9

Okay thank ****. Thought I was tripping
I think this paper shows OCR attempting to prevent the need to set yet another resit paper for next year, they want to truly end this specification. If it was a hard paper i think despite low grade boundaries a few hundred students will underperform and want to resit next year, and OCR aren't prepared to put up with that. They're content with the extra £15 (or however much it costs) I and other candidates gave to them to have to resit this paper. They've made they're extra profit (even though they are a registered charity loool).
Yo, chill, There's no way it'll be 50+, the highest we've ever had for an A was 47.

yeh that's fair actually
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
I think this paper shows OCR attempting to prevent the need to set yet another resit paper for next year, they want to truly end this specification. If it was a hard paper i think despite low grade boundaries a few hundred students will underperform and want to resit next year, and OCR aren't prepared to put up with that. They're content with the extra £15 (or however much it costs) I and other candidates gave to them to have to resit this paper. They've made they're extra profit (even though they are a registered charity loool).
You can't resit if the specification ends anyway. If you messed this up you will have to do the new spec exams.

This is something I like to hear :smile:
Original post by teachercol
Typing them up now

Thanks man you're a boss!

This is actually really true. If they put the grade boundaries dumb high, there's gonna be a number of people who want to resit it. Which is more trouble than it's worth.

I'm really hoping they keep this mentality for the rest of the physics papers for the old spec.
I feel like the only first-entry candidate who took this exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _MAT_
That's not how the grade boundaries work I don't think. I believe they work on percentiles e.g. 50% of candidates get a C and so on and so forth.

I don't think they even do that. It gets weighted slightly but I'm sure last year like only 5% of people got an A on the paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending