The Student Room Group

Moral dilemma

>>
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lab772
Hi everyone I need some help. I found out that a bunch of people at my school are cheating in their exams. On one hand I don't wanna snake them and ruin their lives or whatever but on the other hand I don't think it's fair that me/other people have worked so hard for someone people to get the same/better grade that way. What should I do? Thanks

Tell your teachers anonmyously. If you know how they're doing it, all the better. Find out who they are and if they're doing it for every exam. Then you won't feel silly telling the teacher and you can check it's happening.

Cheating is always wrong. I know it's hard to tell on them but I would say that you have to. They shouldn't be cheating in the first place and it's irresponsible of them to put you in this position.

I've found myself in similar situations in the past and teachers are always glad to know about it. It's way easier to tell a teacher than you think it is.

If you still don't feel right about it, talk to a parent or someone else who you trust (preferably not a friend as they may be in the same place).

I realise that I'm being very blunt but I don't agree with cheating, especially not when others are working hard for their grades.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Ara8311a
Tell your teachers anonmyously. If you know how they're doing it, all the better. Find out who they are and if they're doing it for every exam. Then you won't feel silly telling the teacher and you can check it's happening.

Cheating is always wrong. I know it's hard to tell on them but I would say that you have to. They shouldn't be cheating in the first place and it's irresponsible of them to put you in this position.

I've found myself in similar situations in the past and teachers are always glad to know about it. It's way easier to tell a teacher than you think it is.

If you still don't feel right about it, talk to a parent or someone else who you trust (preferably not a friend as they may be in the same place).

I realise that I'm being very blunt but I don't agree with cheating, especially not when others are working hard for their grades.

I don't think it's blunt at all I completely agree with where you're coming from. Thanks very much :smile: my only problem is, the way they're doing it is it would probably be easy for them to hide it if they were to get searched and so if I told a teacher (while they will probably believe me) they won't be able to get evidence to actually do something about it :frown: even without evidence could the person be sanctioned?
Original post by lab772
I don't think it's blunt at all I completely agree with where you're coming from. Thanks very much :smile: my only problem is, the way they're doing it is it would probably be easy for them to hide it if they were to get searched and so if I told a teacher (while they will probably believe me) they won't be able to get evidence to actually do something about it :frown: even without evidence could the person be sanctioned?

What are they doing exactly? How are they cheating? Do you know?

I would still tell the teacher about your concerns. At least then they are aware and you know you have done all you can.
Reply 4
Definitely tell a teacher, we have worked really hard for theses GCSE'S and it just isnt fair at all if they get good grades by cheating. Also, if they get all the answers right the grade boundries would be raised, and thats even more unfair for us! how are they doing it anyway?
Reply 5
What are they doing exactly? How are they cheating? Do you know?

I would still tell the teacher about your concerns. At least then they are aware and you know you have done all you can.

They bring notes in their bras and stuff I'm not sure exactly I just know they use notes and go bathroom
Reply 6
Original post by moralpope
Definitely tell a teacher, we have worked really hard for theses GCSE'S and it just isnt fair at all if they get good grades by cheating. Also, if they get all the answers right the grade boundries would be raised, and thats even more unfair for us! how are they doing it anyway?

Wow that's true I didn't even think of that. They just bring in notes and stuff
Reply 7
Original post by lab772
Hi everyone I need some help. I found out that a bunch of people at my school are cheating in their exams. On one hand I don't wanna snake them and ruin their lives or whatever but on the other hand I don't think it's fair that me/other people have worked so hard for someone people to get the same/better grade that way. What should I do? Thanks

They're in the wrong and they should accept the consequences if they happen. That's not being a snake, it's being fair. You worked hard and like you said they dont deserve to get the same grades through cheating.
Having said that, I wouldn't make enemies out of them. I would tell them as a friend first and remind them that if someone else spots them the consequences could be big. I would only report them if they don't listen after that
Original post by lab772
They bring notes in their bras and stuff I'm not sure exactly I just know they use notes and go bathroom

Tell the teachers. They'll deal with it from there. Just pass on everything you've told us
Reply 9
Original post by Nayzar
They're in the wrong and they should accept the consequences if they happen. That's not being a snake, it's being fair. You worked hard and like you said they dont deserve to get the same grades through cheating.
Having said that, I wouldn't make enemies out of them. I would tell them as a friend first and remind them that if someone else spots them the consequences could be big. I would only report them if they don't listen after that

I don't actually speak to them like that but I'll report it thanks
Reply 10
Tell the teachers. They'll deal with it from there. Just pass on everything you've told us

Will do. Thanks :smile:
Snitches get snitches

joke

If they need to cheat they will do bad anyway

so they wont affect the a star boundary

chill dw they will got caught or **** up just concentrate on yourself bro
Reply 12
snitches get stitches
Don't be a grass, everyone knows what happens to grassers

Quick Reply

Latest