The Student Room Group

How to get higher marks in GCSE English

What do i need to include in my writing to get higher marks in English lit. Im doing the second part of my English Lit exam on friday. Im doing Lord of the Flies and Unseen on OCR. I got stuck on Monday and forgot what i needed to write to get me the marks. Can anyone who understands the mark scheme ?
Reply 1
Original post by rosieridleyx
What do i need to include in my writing to get higher marks in English lit. Im doing the second part of my English Lit exam on friday. Im doing Lord of the Flies and Unseen on OCR. I got stuck on Monday and forgot what i needed to write to get me the marks. Can anyone who understands the mark scheme ?

Lord of the flies uses AO2 this is basically language form and structure. Comment on all of these, use Goldings name and refer back to the question in every paragraph. If you can try to comment on the last word/sentence of the extract.

My best tip for unseen is to follow this:
Read it
Establish the story (form,narrative,perspective)
Tone
Structure
Analyse
Basiacally that spells master backwards and is super helpful when your stuck. I'm doing the same ones as you and also managed to get confused on monday but i hope this helps and it all goes well for you xx
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest