The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Spanish 24th May

Scroll to see replies

For one of the listening answers, to do with why the costume was so spectacular, could you have put "aparecía que iba a volar" instead of "parecía que iba a volar"? I crossed parecía out near to the end when I was checking...do you think they will accept aparecía? :frown:
Yes I think that's okay :smile:

I'm so dumb, I put it had piel de pez y piel de something I can't remember
Original post by Student7th

Yeah piel de pez y también piel de lagarto :smile: that's was one of the answers I put for it. You could have also put that it was covered in feathers - 'plumas' but I chose the 'aparecía que iba a volar' option as it's more of a different point
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aerosmith
Yeah piel de pez y también piel de lagarto :smile: that's was one of the answers I put for it

Ah thank you! Do you remember if it was 1 or 2 marks by any chancE?
Ah thank you! Do you remember if it was 1 or 2 marks by any chancE?

It was 2 marks, I don't know whether they'll allocate separate points for 'piel de lagarto' and 'piel de pez' though - if you put something different for the second point you should be alright
Original post by Aerosmith
For one of the listening answers, to do with why the costume was so spectacular, could you have put "aparecía que iba a volar" instead of "parecía que iba a volar"? I crossed parecía out near to the end when I was checking...do you think they will accept aparecía? :frown:

Yh most probably

I put piel de pescado is that okay?
Original post by Student619
I put piel de pescado is that okay?

It is technically the same (though pescado is used to refer to fish prepared to eat) so I think you may be okay, it really depends on how the mark scheme falls but it me be under 'accept this' even though its not 100% correct. What was your other point? If that's right theyre more likely to accept i think
Do you think that the exam was harder than last years ? The grade boundaries were so hugh last year :/ i really hope that theyre lower this year
It is technically the same (though pescado is used to refer to fish prepared to eat) so I think you may be okay, it really depends on how the mark scheme falls but it me be under 'accept this' even though its not 100% correct. What was your other point? If that's right theyre more likely to accept i think

Actually I put piel de peces luckily, my other answer was paracia que iba volar

Do you have any idea how strictly they enforce the word limit in q8?
I think I went over by around 30 words,
Do you think they will still read and Mark what I wrote for the last bulletpoint?
Original post by starfish5577
Do you think that the exam was harder than last years ? The grade boundaries were so hugh last year :/ i really hope that theyre lower this year

I think q8 was a simple enough essay about exercise and sport but q7 was really vague. All we can do now is hope for lower grade boundaries :colonhash:
what did everone put for the jewelery question on the listening about the contrast in styles of jewelery
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zachfoster8
what did everone put for the jewelery question on the listening about the contrast in styles of jewelery

Im probably wrong but I put that it was elegant and two other adjectives exactly as i heard. Can't recall :frown:
The grade boundaries were very high last year - I was a victim of them - only just scraped an A in this paper with 112 UMS. Hoping I've only dropped one mark, max 2 on this resit so I have a fighting chance of getting close to 140 UMS. Let's hope for us all they are lower this year; and that the trend of inflated grade boundaries doesn't continue...
Actually I put piel de peces luckily, my other answer was paracia que iba volar

Do you have any idea how strictly they enforce the word limit in q8?
I think I went over by around 30 words,
Do you think they will still read and Mark what I wrote for the last bulletpoint?

they read to the end of the sentence. if your word count falls in the middle of a sentence they will read on.
Original post by Icesk8ing97
they read to the end of the sentence. if your word count falls in the middle of a sentence they will read on.

Thanks but how will they know that you have gone over the word count? Do they count each word for each essay?
Thanks but how will they know that you have gone over the word count? Do they count each word for each essay?

im not sure tbh. they may only count it if it looks too long maybe.
You need to write amount of words you have written and if one of your bullet point is over the 220 limit then they stop reading unless it's a few words over.
Can anyone share their answers for question 7
Reply 39
Original post by rhiannaf
I think i put the agriculture one as the south. The coast one i think i put storms. Plants with water or something i put the north. I can't remember the rest though! I found the last listening the hardest by miles.
Was q3 listening: calida, despechos, plantas, hogares? What did you put? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye I did the same for q3 listening and I'm pretty sure same answers as u for climate change reading q. I hope grade boundaries are low!

Quick Reply

Latest