The Student Room Group

WJEC geography A unit 1

How did everyone find the exam?
Hmm it was an okay paper but I didn't like the 6 marker for climate change. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by sapphire79
Hmm it was an okay paper but I didn't like the 6 marker for climate change. :s-smilie:

Same I didn't know what to write about really talked about transport. What did you do for the population qwc??
Original post by Welsh06
Same I didn't know what to write about really talked about transport. What did you do for the population qwc??

I wrote about an ageing population and how birth and death rates will be low. I really didn't get what they were asking and why that was 6 marks.
Reply 4
Original post by sapphire79
I wrote about an ageing population and how birth and death rates will be low. I really didn't get what they were asking and why that was 6 marks.

Same I didn't like the wording of the question and didn't know whether they wanted causes or effects. I wrote causes of low birth and death rates. I know , I was surprised that was a QWC
Original post by Welsh06
Same I didn't like the wording of the question and didn't know whether they wanted causes or effects. I wrote causes of low birth and death rates. I know , I was surprised that was a QWC

I think you just had to describe how the actual structure of the population would change, but I didn't think there was enough to write about that to get 6 marks so I mentioned causes too. Don't worry you've probably done fine :smile:
What did you guys write about compare the floodpain managment 6 mark question?
Did you have to compare flood defences? Like flood walls, embankments etc..? What did you guys write?
Reply 8
Original post by Xtreme Xecution
What did you guys write about compare the floodpain managment 6 mark question?

I said about hard and soft engineering . Then because it said in the future I said that climate change will affect the methods??
Original post by Welsh06

Original post by Xtreme Xecution

Which option topics are you guys doing? :smile: I'm doing coasts, tourism and retail and urban change

Quick Reply

Latest