The Student Room Group

Dont know how 2 talk 2 girls never had girlfriend any tips i have social anxiety

Hi there so basically i went to a boy school n now im in college every1 in my class are boys except 1 girl i can talk to her but shes not attracive but i only managed to talk to her without getting nervous after the third time seeing her. iv never really interacted with girls i dont speak 2 any girls im 19 now. I get nervous around girls however for the first time iv met a girl online now we are speaking she loves me so much but i dnt knw wht to say like i would get 2 nervous 2 meet her in real life like my face will go red i might shake my voice will shake i dno.

Any tips like if i meet her

smile what else n my voice pitch should i speak loud like when im nervous i speak low

i dnt knw if i have a hot teacher i dnt get nervous at all i can speak easy but random girls dno y i cant speak. Also, if i speak to a girl for like 1 hr face to face then i wont get nervous. Its only from the beginning like first 10 min.

my voice doesnt shake always but mostly its my face that goes red. Any1 who doesnt know what social anxiety is Its basically u get nervous around people u cant hold a convo u start to go red, shake, rapid heart beat these are my 3 symptoms.

Also, i make her laugh on text iv even sent her voice recordings she likes them but i dno if i would be funny in real life.

i need help how do i improve my convo skills wen speaking 2 girls

right now im trying to cure my social anxiety once thts done then il take the next step but the next step is how to talk to girls like how should my body language be etc i need tips any websites to help me??
I get you bro, I sometimes get nervous around girls, once I even ran to the toilet instead of speaking to one, at the end of the day you just have to see her as another person, it seems like you guys already have chemistry so just be you and see what happens, I hope it all goes well man
Hate to be a **** but I think its your grammar which needs improving not your ability to talk to girls :wink:

But some serious advice, the only way to get more confident when speaking to girls is to practice. Its the same as anything, if you're not confident with driving you practice driving, if you're not confident with public speaking they you practice speaking to the public.

Just speak to them, try to remain calm and be yourself. Ask her questions, smile, be sensitive, dont make her feel like shes answering a questionnaire. Respect her freedom and herself and I'm sure you'll do fine bud.

good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there so basically i went to a boy school n now im in college every1 in my class are boys except 1 girl i can talk to her but shes not attracive but i only managed to talk to her without getting nervous after the third time seeing her. iv never really interacted with girls i dont speak 2 any girls im 19 now. I get nervous around girls however for the first time iv met a girl online now we are speaking she loves me so much but i dnt knw wht to say like i would get 2 nervous 2 meet her in real life like my face will go red i might shake my voice will shake i dno.

Any tips like if i meet her

smile what else n my voice pitch should i speak loud like when im nervous i speak low

i dnt knw if i have a hot teacher i dnt get nervous at all i can speak easy but random girls dno y i cant speak. Also, if i speak to a girl for like 1 hr face to face then i wont get nervous. Its only from the beginning like first 10 min.

my voice doesnt shake always but mostly its my face that goes red. Any1 who doesnt know what social anxiety is Its basically u get nervous around people u cant hold a convo u start to go red, shake, rapid heart beat these are my 3 symptoms.

Also, i make her laugh on text iv even sent her voice recordings she likes them but i dno if i would be funny in real life.

i need help how do i improve my convo skills wen speaking 2 girls

right now im trying to cure my social anxiety once thts done then il take the next step but the next step is how to talk to girls like how should my body language be etc i need tips any websites to help me??

Hi Pal, Your best bet would be Youtube, just key in social anxiety, you will find lots of others to relate to, share advice, whatever...

Frankly, however, IF, you ~Really, want to get over this anxiety phase, and it IS just a phase you're going through....Best thing to do is NOT think about anxiety, NOT talk about it.... because the more we focus on ~Anything, the more it comes into our experience ..Do you have any role models, actors, pop stars whatever ? If so, feel like him, act like him, walk like him... that way you will forget your awkwardness, and feel a lot better about yourself .... The main thing to realize is ~ absolutely,Everyone, bar none, has ~Some problem, some insecurity, not on the surface maybe, but hidden inside..... Look out to the world,consider the feelings of others, rather than obsessing over your own, and you will do just ~Brill !

Hope this helps ... : )

~ Kez
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Become gay, women aren't worth the trouble
Reply 5
Focus on improving yourself, be an all round sociable guy. talk to people at the bus stop, the shop.

Volunteer, this will force you to talk to women.

Increase your confidence, go to the gym, wear good clothes, eat well, sleep well, take risks everyday, achieve, have positive friends, focus on your goals, do what makes you happy, be positive.

Practice talking to women.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there so basically i went to a boy school n now im in college every1 in my class are boys except 1 girl i can talk to her but shes not attracive but i only managed to talk to her without getting nervous after the third time seeing her. iv never really interacted with girls i dont speak 2 any girls im 19 now. I get nervous around girls however for the first time iv met a girl online now we are speaking she loves me so much but i dnt knw wht to say like i would get 2 nervous 2 meet her in real life like my face will go red i might shake my voice will shake i dno.Any tips like if i meet hersmile what else n my voice pitch should i speak loud like when im nervous i speak lowi dnt knw if i have a hot teacher i dnt get nervous at all i can speak easy but random girls dno y i cant speak. Also, if i speak to a girl for like 1 hr face to face then i wont get nervous. Its only from the beginning like first 10 min.my voice doesnt shake always but mostly its my face that goes red. Any1 who doesnt know what social anxiety is Its basically u get nervous around people u cant hold a convo u start to go red, shake, rapid heart beat these are my 3 symptoms.Also, i make her laugh on text iv even sent her voice recordings she likes them but i dno if i would be funny in real life.i need help how do i improve my convo skills wen speaking 2 girlsright now im trying to cure my social anxiety once thts done then il take the next step but the next step is how to talk to girls like how should my body language be etc i need tips any websites to help me??

Hey basically just speak to guys the same way as you speak to girls because we're not a different species etc. I get that you can be nervous to speak to them but if you just start speaking to a girl the way you would with a boy (e.g. hey I'm ... and asking questions about them etc). Most people are nervous about talking to new people but if you find something interesting to talk about (e.g. shared interest) then that breaks the ice. Try to ask them what they're interested in and seem interested even if you're not :smile: xxYou're probably a nice guy so I'm sure you'll be fine xx Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
You need to put yourself into more situations in which you are forced to interact with people, one of the best ways to do this is getting a job in a pub or bar where you're constantly needed to make conversations and interact with customers. You'll also start to build relationships with regulars. Then you should find it easier to talk to everyone, buy maybe start off with girls you dont have an attraction to and then move on to others.
Reply 8
Original post by abc_123_
Hey basically just speak to guys the same way as you speak to girls because we're not a different species etc. I get that you can be nervous to speak to them but if you just start speaking to a girl the way you would with a boy (e.g. hey I'm ... and asking questions about them etc). Most people are nervous about talking to new people but if you find something interesting to talk about (e.g. shared interest) then that breaks the ice. Try to ask them what they're interested in and seem interested even if you're not :smile: xxYou're probably a nice guy so I'm sure you'll be fine xx Good luck :smile:

Thank u very much for the advice really appreciate that !

and yes i am ! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by grimaraxo
You need to put yourself into more situations in which you are forced to interact with people, one of the best ways to do this is getting a job in a pub or bar where you're constantly needed to make conversations and interact with customers. You'll also start to build relationships with regulars. Then you should find it easier to talk to everyone, buy maybe start off with girls you dont have an attraction to and then move on to others.

yes thanks for that but

sometimes i might not no what to say next or something like i need some tips on how to keep the conversation going

girls who are not attractive i can easily go up to them without getting nervous alot like maybe a little but i could handle that.

but the main q is its about being funny i always hear to get a girl u got 2 make her laugh thts my aim !

well im talking 2 a girl now but only by txt n she finds me funny she actually loves me but i dont knw in real life it may be different . Thats why i got to prepare for that day !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending