The Student Room Group

What do you think happened to Madeline McCann?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whitetack
my personal opinion is that she died accidentally while they were out and they came home and covered it up because they knew theyd be blamed for leaving her alone

i hope im proved wrong and she turns up alive one day although maybe i dont because that would mean probably that terrible things have happened to her :frown:

Fair enough.
I've heard stories where children are kidnapped and brought up by another family and they don't realise this until adulthood.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/an-abducted-child-reveals-the-true-story-of-her-stolen-life-three-decades-later-a6711121.html
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Gosh I want to know so much, I get excited everytime there is a madeline update (like remember a while back when apparently she was spotted?) but it's sad because I know she is dead, it's highly unlikely she is anywhere else. I strongly believe her parents overdosed her on sedatives and killed her and disposed her body.

Question is though, if say they did dispose of the body, how? There's normally people on the beach in the evening so idk.. Maybe they dissolved her body or something. The fact that there's literally been no trace of her even though sniffer dogs were used says a lot.
Gosh I want to know so much, I get excited everytime there is a madeline update (like remember a while back when apparently she was spotted?) but it's sad because I know she is dead, it's highly unlikely she is anywhere else. I strongly believe her parents overdosed her on sedatives and killed her and disposed her body.

Can't remember, I've only really gotten interested in the case recently! Before then, I'd always believed the abduction story...

Have you read anything about "The truth of the lie" by the portuguese police detective? It's a book he wrote about the investigation, it's very long so I've only read summaries of it - for example
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id137.html :holmes: It's soooo interesting.
Personally, I think they drugged her to keep her quiet and asleep while they went out, accidently overdosed her and disposed of the body and cried out KIDNAP. :s-smilie:

There are way too many loose ends- the most prominent one for me is the cadaver dogs...

My friend and I went over this PDF to try and get our own opinion on it, it's really long but you can skim through the chapters and stuff if any of you want, it's really interesting :smile:
http://freepdfhosting.com/9099bef539.pdf
People react differently to loss, and the McCanns have been through a lot, so I don't think it's fair to judge whether they were involved or not based on their reactions nine years after the incident. They shouldn't have left her and the other children, but they're not at fault for the actions of another person.

I doubt the truth will ever be fully revealed, but I think the explanation is quite clear. A burglar and/or paedophile entered their apartment, which would have been easy to do regardless of the parents were nearby or not, and it's been documented that there were regular break-ins at the time. The other children slept, but Madeleine woke up; not knowing how she would have reacted, she was taken by the intruder. The intruder probably expected to let her go or at least keep her alive, but the massive media frenzy - combined with police failures at the time, meaning the apartment wasn't treated as a crime scene, and the airports weren't locked down - she was either killed or trafficked.

Cold cases have been solved before, but I don't think that this ever will - it's been nine years without any trace of her. Considering that cases like the Original Night Stalker (Google it, it's a fascinating set of cases) have never been sold, despite, in that case, having audio of the killer's voice, and lots of other evidence, this disappearance with so much chaos has basically no chance.

You do know that they tested the other kids for sedatives and they were completely clean, right?
I am just so confused as to why they got so much media coverage, kids become missing everyday yet they spent so much time and money finding this girl and found no evidence? It's so weird.

I have no idea what happened to the poor girl, hope she is alive and safe somewhere.
Original post by tnetennba
You do know that they tested the other kids for sedatives and they were completely clean, right?

Madeline was older, perhaps more prone to waking up at night. I believe in the sedative theory more than anything else.
Original post by loveleest
I am just so confused as to why they got so much media coverage, kids become missing everyday yet they spent so much time and money finding this girl and found no evidence? It's so weird.

I have no idea what happened to the poor girl, hope she is alive and safe somewhere.

I said before, I believe their status enhanced the media coverage.
I said before, I believe their status enhanced the media coverage.

yeah defo, it was because they were white and middle class.
Whatever happened, it's gonna take, like, another 5 years before anyone ever finds out anything ever.
A literal scam.They most likely killed her, and are profiting ridiculous amounts from it.Even if she DID actually get taken, why the fVck would you leave your child ALONE to go out to dinner ?????
would love to know what happened to the poor girl! we can only hope she is still safe and sound somewhere! not sure whether the Mccann's did it, but their lack of support and morality towards Madeline and their two other children is more than enough for me to say they could have done it. If your baby goes missing surely you go out of your way to find them and call the police ASAP! not write a book few months later to get all the profits! Parents are doctors yet don't seem like it, poor kids don't deserve parents like them!
Her parents killed her, it's rather obvious I'm afraid to say.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Her parents killed her, it's rather obvious I'm afraid to say.

What makes you think it's obvious?
I personally believe the McCann's know exactly what happened to Madaline.The whole question of morality, add in huge amounts sympathy for the parents who made a little mistake and lost their child forever seems like a rather genius plan.

I honestly have never seen the Mccann's shed a tear, their interviews seem so forced and scripted, when they forget their scripts they mumble. I mean, if my daughter disappeared like that, I think I would be visibly broken.

Also, I saw the panorama on Madeline a couple of days ago, and the night she vanished the McCann's were having dinner with a couple they made friends with, the woman who they befriended believes she saw a man with a jacket and long dark hair to the neck (typical dark and mysterious description of a sex offender:colonhash:) carrying a child in an odd fashion, she stuttered and honestly it seems very suspicious.

at the very least you could spell the poor child's name correctly before making your nasty allegations.
she is Madeleine.
Original post by the bear
at the very least you could spell the poor child's name correctly before making your nasty allegations.
she is Madeleine.

How are my allegations "nasty"? :colonhash: Should we just sit back and believe what ever the media throws at us?

And they aren't even my allegations, this opinion is shared by many.
Original post by whitetack
There are plenty of people who've done the same, look at the Shannon Matthews case, her mum went on tv when she was the culprit

Ms Matthews was an appalling underclass person who would have had trouble being accepted on the Jeremy Kyle show. Madeleine's parents are normal middle class people.
Original post by Vicky628
I don't see why the parents would be making it such a media spectacle if they had something to hide. Kids vanish all the time and get 5 minutes on local news, I can't see somebody guilty essentially increasing police hours into solving it.

Psychopaths are notorious for loving the cat and mouse game with authorities.

Have you ever seen Gerry crying or tearing up?

I'm not accusing him of being a psychopath, but he definitely comes across as cold and collected.

Quick Reply

Latest