The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Textiles

Our textiles teacher has taught us NO theory whatsoever
Does anyone know apart from the designing questions, what else usually turns up in this exam?
Thank you
Original post by Wacky01
Does anyone know apart from the designing questions, what else usually turns up in this exam?
Thank you

Heres a list of Topics
Woven materials
Non woven
Life Cycle Assessments
Care Labels
Smart materials
Modern materials
Combining fibres
Properties of fibres
ICT in the manufacturing process
CAD and CAM machines
Types of printing
Types of Dyeing
Health and Safety procedures
Fairtrade
Reply 2
Original post by achara010.312
Heres a list of Topics
Woven materials
Non woven
Life Cycle Assessments
Care Labels
Smart materials
Modern materials
Combining fibres
Properties of fibres
ICT in the manufacturing process
CAD and CAM machines
Types of printing
Types of Dyeing
Health and Safety procedures
Fairtrade

Thank you, i'll try to revise these
Original post by Wacky01
Thank you

Papers are your best friend for Textiles! :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by karmacrunch
Papers are your best friend for Textiles! :tongue:

Haha thank you!
How was your textiles exam today, guys??
Not too bad, didn't revise much tbh
Original post by samreen.iqbal
Not too bad, didn't revise much tbh

Tbh, I dont know how it went. Most sections are okay but its hard to think of a logical answer haha.

Omg there's one question that doesn't make sense. It pissed me off so much. It said something like "How does electronic device protect the health or comfort of an user? Wtf - how? We all know that electronic devices contains heat and light (photochromic, etc) && LED but all of them don't protect the health of an user because they can cause a spark or heat. Or did I misunderstood that question?
Original post by sophia.f
Tbh, I dont know how it went. Most sections are okay but its hard to think of a logical answer haha.

Omg there's one question that doesn't make sense. It pissed me off so much. It said something like "How does electronic device protect the health or comfort of an user? Wtf - how? We all know that electronic devices contains heat and light (photochromic, etc) && LED but all of them don't protect the health of an user because they can cause a spark or heat. Or did I misunderstood that question?

That one confused me too! what I wrote was they can add electronics which react to temperature change to heat the person up when the temperature drops or they can have a safety button to alert a colleague when in danger.
My friend mentioned LEDs can be used if the outside work is done at night to make it visible and the worker visible.
That one confused me too! what I wrote was they can add electronics which react to temperature change to heat the person up when the temperature drops or they can have a safety button to alert a colleague when in danger.
My friend mentioned LEDs can be used if the outside work is done at night to make it visible and the worker visible.

I found that question confusing as well!
Ahh thank god I think I wrote about that :biggrin:

Didn't enjoy the trousers question at all! What did you put as the fabrics to make it safer? (idk what 'safer' meant)
Reply 10

I found that question really difficult as well! I put something really stupid like sound effects so that if he's in trouble he can make a sound and get help lmfao :colondollar:
Reply 11

I put how there could be gps tracking in them so if someone was travelling and went missing them they could be found and stuff like led lights so they can be seen and a way to charge phones to make sure that the wearer can call for help if they need to but I wasn't too sure on this one
(edited 7 years ago)

Hi I know this is really late but I'm doing the gsce textiles exam 2016 for my mock in a few days and I was wondering if you could tell me any exam questions that were on the test. It would help a lot. Thank you!
Original post by aamianh
Hi I know this is really late but I'm doing the gsce textiles exam 2016 for my mock in a few days and I was wondering if you could tell me any exam questions that were on the test. It would help a lot. Thank you!

Heyy, I couldn't remember anything because its ages ago sorry! But I remember the first section have the theme based on aquamarine. That's all i can remember, sorry if its not helpful x

Quick Reply

Latest