The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cinnie
Wanted to tell my psychiatrist the truth about how I have been feeling this morning but I couldn't because my mum was in the meeting. I'm officially on a community treatment order now :frown:

Can you ask for your next appointment to be without your mum? If you're over 18 it should be fine.

How do you feel about the CTO?
Original post by Noodlzzz
:hugs:

want to tell us what's happening?

I'm currently on holiday visiting family and the voices are being incredibly aggressive, loud, and trying to force me to do things I don't want to. I just want to enjoy my holiday but they won't let me. I'm starting to really fear that what they're saying will happen. :frown:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Can you ask for your next appointment to be without your mum? If you're over 18 it should be fine.

How do you feel about the CTO?

Yeah it was a one off that my mum came, they wanted to discuss the CTO with her as she's my closest relative.

I don't think I need a CTO to be honest, i've said i'll keep taking my meds and go to my appointments. It just feels like another thing hanging over me just like the section 3.
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm currently on holiday visiting family and the voices are being incredibly aggressive, loud, and trying to force me to do things I don't want to. I just want to enjoy my holiday but they won't let me. I'm starting to really fear that what they're saying will happen. :frown:

Sorry to hear the voices are being awful, but what they are saying will not happen, they are lying.
Original post by Cinnie
Sorry to hear the voices are being awful, but what they are saying will not happen, they are lying.

I hope you're right. But everyday it seems more and more likely. I go home tomorrow and I hate how much they ruined things. I'm really scared about what my psychiatrist will say/do when I get back.

The CTO sounds like a load of ****, I can see why you dislike it especially if you're willing to do everything of your own free will but you have that hanging over you. :console:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Had panic attack after panic attack today while Callan's been at college and my mum's been out all day so couldn't get a hold of her. Roll on 5pm til he gets back. Could do with a hug from him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you tried any medication for your panic attacks?

I had a huge panic attack on saturday and although my spouse helped a lot to calm me down, the klonopin I took made the biggest difference.
Feeling a little "iffy" about my maths exam on Thursday now. It's really making me feel anxious as **** and what didn't help with a reminder text from the college.... :hide:
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you tried any medication for your panic attacks?

I had a huge panic attack on saturday and although my spouse helped a lot to calm me down, the klonopin I took made the biggest difference.

I've tried diazepam and a few antidepressants in the past for panic attacks. I want to manage them and OCD without meds but I won't rule meds in the future maybe, just right now.

----------
I applied for some voluntary work with animals and then as a young person's befriender :smile: Hoping it might help me get back into full time work through time. My therapist recommended it so might as well give it a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have family therapy tomorrow morning and then my DSA assessment. Don't know what i'm dreading more.
Original post by Cinnie
I have family therapy tomorrow morning and then my DSA assessment. Don't know what i'm dreading more.

The DSA assessment is more like an informal chat, rather than a formal assessment. My situation is completely different; but I'm sure some of the others here can give you more information.

Good luck!
Original post by Cinnie

:jumphug: for everything. DSA assessment is a lot less scary than it sounds. If you need them to go at a slower pace or break things down, just tell them - they're there to help put everything in place that you need for uni and to give you the best opportunity to excel :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Had panic attack after panic attack today while Callan's been at college and my mum's been out all day so couldn't get a hold of her. Roll on 5pm til he gets back. Could do with a hug from him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just having a nasty panic/anxiety now myself :hugs: and can tell I'm taking a hit overall. Always concerns me that my mental health will go downhill overall when this happens and usually... It does :frown:.
The voices won't stop, i'm a fat whale, i'm a waste of space, i'm stupid.. I could go on.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Just having a nasty panic/anxiety now myself :hugs: and can tell I'm taking a hit overall. Always concerns me that my mental health will go downhill overall when this happens and usually... It does :frown:.

Hope you feel better soon and I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat as me atm :frown: :hugs: my inbox is always open if you want to talk at any point :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chest hurts so bad :/
Original post by Cinnie
The voices won't stop, i'm a fat whale, i'm a waste of space, i'm stupid.. I could go on.

You told me earlier that my voices were lying: it sounds like your's are just as aggressive liars too. :hugs: I hope they stop soon.
Honestly? I would much rather stay in bed all day tomorrow than attempt a day at college where I just know it's gonna be nearly impossible for me to do anything. :hide:
Original post by Anonymous
Chest hurts so bad :/

Original post by Airmed

Thank you Airmed :hugs: hope you are ok x
Anxiety and feeling really low tonight and I don't know why I just need a hug of my best friend anyone wanna chat? ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest