The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Listers
You haven't researched hard enough.

http://creationwiki.org/Fire_breathing_dragon

I think you may have researched almost too hard in order to support a claim you have already decided is true. That page boils down to "Well, there might have been fire-breathing dragons - there are myths about them!" I don't regard that as good evidence. Do you believe in fairies, too?
Reply 81
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think you may have researched almost too hard in order to support a claim you have already decided is true. That page boils down to "Well, there might have been fire-breathing dragons - there are myths about them!" I don't regard that as good evidence. Do you believe in fairies, too?

The stories about roman soldiers and Alexander the great seeing some in India aren't myths
You know what I think it is very hard for an atheist to comment about winged horses (really known as 'buraq') when science proposes that all our subtle contrivances have come from a source that is inanimate; something that cannot possibly think. I mean common how could you say that God does not exist when everyone talks about religion, prophets, and holy books. There is bound to be a creator. It would be very frivrolous for anyone to deny any of these signs. Yes I know that there are different religions, but the fact is that we all believe in the same thing. If you ask a thiest if they believe in God they will say yes. They would not reply with, "no, I believe in a godess or gods". Just simply one "God". Religious books have been sent as a warning, an injunction for mankind. Even Richard Dawkins himself says that he would be very scared if God actually appeared. After you die you will realise how transient this life is and how you knew that God did exist but denied all the signs revealed. I think that you cannot use science on its own, nor can you use religion. You must use both simultaneously or else this will lead to stultification. Furthermore, in the topic of evolution, if we did really evolve from apes why do we still encounter large skeletal bone structures of humans found buried beneath the soil. The truth is that they do not want to tell people about this. We also cannot produce any reliable evolutionary genetic algorithms. The evidence collected by Darwin is too little to confirm that we evolved from apes. God created us all the same way we will leave this world. We will take nothing with us so there is no point proving that he does not exist. If you are an athiest that you probably believe in consequentialism. So does that mean it would be right to rape people that same way a shark rapes its female. If u think survival of the fittest is totally congruent with this then surely you would agree. Forgive my language but you and I know that everyone has morals and that is fine. But by being an athiest you would be forced to comply and tacitly agree with this. I could go on and on about this topic.
I hope u understand the truth and come towards God. I pray that God guides all the athiests.
Original post by LuckyKhan
\

ur saying it like the theory of evolution isn't fake...im sorry but your great grandad may be a monkey but mine wasn't. and the big bang thing? BANG?

"what made the bang"
"oh, it just happened"
" thats definitely proof then"
"yes, science is all about proof"

The theory of evolution has a massive amount of evidence to back it up, such as fossils etc. Do you believe in the theory of gravity? Also we didn't evolve from monkeys, we just share a common ancestry. As for the Big bang, we don't know exactly what caused it, but that doesn't automatically mean it was a God.
Original post by Alien Warrior
The theory of evolution has a massive amount of evidence to back it up, such as fossils etc. Do you believe in the theory of gravity? Also we didn't evolve from monkeys, we just share a common ancestry. As for the Big bang, we don't know exactly what caused it, but that doesn't automatically mean it was a God.

Do u not believe in God because u can't see him or there isn't any "evidence of him? (answer this and then i will talk to u about it)
Reply 85
Do u not believe in God because u can't see him or there isn't any "evidence of him? (answer this and then i will talk to u about it)

Why do you believe in God? If I tell you unicorns and white walkers are real you will also believe them? If not, why not?

I don't believe as theres no evidence.
???

Some interpretations hold that the 'Behemoth' creature mentioned in the book of Job refers to a large sauropod dinosaur such as brachiosaurus, especially with the 'tail like a cedar' verse
Original post by SGHD26716
I don't see why people who are atheists have to do this. If you don't believe in God why would you care enough to create a thread about the Bible/Quran mentioning dinosaurs?

There are a million threads on completely unimportant things. Aren't atheists allowed at talk about the Bible?
There is plenty of evidence to prove Gods existence you are just looking for aesthetic evidence. You don't have to see or taste God to prove that he is there. Hence, this is why relying solely on science can lead to stultification.
I don't believe as theres no evidence.

Can u get me evidence of your great great great great grandmother?
does that mean she isn't real?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaronK
Why do you believe in God? If I tell you unicorns and white walkers are real you will also believe them? If not, why not?

u also don't believe because of no evidence
where is the evidence of ur great great great grandmother? can't find it
does that mean she doesn't exist?
To make stupid people think about it for long years and to make them find excuses for their disbelief.
Reply 93

I'm sure there's a birth certificate around and certificate of death. I'm sure she'd have been seen by people as well.
Original post by BaronK
I'm sure there's a birth certificate around and certificate of death. I'm sure she'd have been seen by people as well.

So in the same way u should believe that if there are revelations about God he must also exist
Reply 95
Sheesh, looks like all of TSR's dimmest have flocked to this thread...
Reply 96
Original post by trollface54
So in the same way u should believe that if there are revelations about God he must also exist

If you can give me some evidence he exists.
Original post by RobML
Sheesh, looks like all of TSR's dimmest have flocked to this thread...

Why you're here.
Reply 97
Original post by BaronK

Why you're here.

??
Reply 98
Original post by RobML
??

You'll figure it out eventually.
Reply 99

The existence of a great great grandmother is necessary for your own existence...

Latest

Trending

Trending