The Student Room Group

I just lost a bit of respect for David Cameron

I am a huge supporter of the Conservatives and think that he has been a good Prime Minister but, seriously...

Who buys their wife a Nissan Micra?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-36359921

A Nissan Micra is not a gift- it is an insult. I'd rather not even drive a car than have something that offensive and repulsive. If he tried to blend in with 'normal people' then that is an insult to middle class Britain- the only people that drive Micras are people who just got their license and benefit-claiming unemployed troglodytes.

I hope his wife sets that distasteful excuse for a car on fire and forces Jeremy Corbyn to eat it whole.

Anyway, what do you think of this news? Should he have bought something nicer? A Prius, maybe? Now, that is a car of the people.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Excuse me! I have a Nissan Micra in that colour and he is my baby :love:

Also if you fall for that cheap gimmick then you're extremely gullible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Now?!
After all this time?
Reply 3
Original post by M14B
Now?!
After all this time?

The news only came out yesterday.
its not a good car, doubt its an insult tho
Feels like he was just doing it to blend with 'the common people'

I doubt she'll actually drive it herself outside of public events to show how cool she is
Reply 6
Original post by TelAviv
Feels like he was just doing it to blend with 'the common people'

I doubt she'll actually drive it herself outside of public events to show how cool she is

The common people don't drive micras. The people who drive micras are illegal immigrants, benefit-claimers and people who can't afford a proper car like a Prius or a C-Class or an Audi.
I'd divorce my wife if she bought me one of those
Original post by trapz99
a nissan micra is not a gift- it is an insult. I'd rather not even drive a car than have something that offensive and repulsive. If he tried to blend in with 'normal people' then that is an insult to middle class britain- the only people that drive micras are people who just got their license and benefit-claiming unemployed troglodytes.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
People should be grateful for anything thats bought for them, especially a car. It shouldn't matter what kind of car, or how fast it is, as long as it gets you from one place to the next, safely, then that's what's important.
I lost more than a bit of respect for David Cameron a while ago.

Spoiler

Maybe she's not porky enough for him.
Original post by Trapz99
I am a huge supporter of the Conservatives and think that he has been a good Prime Minister but, seriously...

Who buys their wife a Nissan Micra?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-36359921

A Nissan Micra is not a gift- it is an insult. I'd rather not even drive a car than have something that offensive and repulsive. If he tried to blend in with 'normal people' then that is an insult to middle class Britain- the only people that drive Micras are people who just got their license and benefit-claiming unemployed troglodytes.

I hope his wife sets that distasteful excuse for a car on fire and forces Jeremy Corbyn to eat it whole.

Anyway, what do you think of this news? Should he have bought something nicer? A Prius, maybe? Now, that is a car of the people.

To be honest, Jeremy took my advice and got a Sinclair C5, my favourite car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQetm_qWDg
Reply 13
Original post by Hachik0
People should be grateful for anything thats bought for them, especially a car. It shouldn't matter what kind of car, or how fast it is, as long as it gets you from one place to the next, safely, then that's what's important.

it should matter considering he is able to buy just about any car. But he decides to buy a nissan micra as a present to the love of his life
Reply 14
Original post by Hachik0

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL that's like saying It shouldn't matter what colour or design clothes are, as long as they keep you warm and cover you.
Original post by _mxrky
it should matter considering he is able to buy just about any car. But he decides to buy a nissan micra as a present to the love of his life

Just because you have money, doesn't mean you need to spend it extravagantly, for the sake of spending! Plus the fact his Wife might not even care for cars and would prefer a cheap little run around.

Love isn't defined through gifts and money, that's not a healthy relationship to me. Im sure they both know how much the other loves them and so don't need to show that through material needs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by RoNsTiG
Ahh yes, yet another middle-class c*nt with no concept or understanding of what life is like for lower-class people. Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone is as privileged as you?

You do realise that middle class is what most people are, right?

You don't need to be privileged in this country to buy a decent car for around £7000-10000. Buying a car for £1000 is literally an insult, especially for someone like David Cameron. It's like buying a cheap £50 android phone as a present.
Original post by Trapz99
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL that's like saying It shouldn't matter what colour or design clothes are, as long as they keep you warm and cover you.

:facepalm:
I don't know about you, but the old Nissan Micras were great reliable little fellas. If you ever needed a cheap run around, that was the car to get. So don't diss that legend of an automobile.
Original post by Trapz99
You do realise that middle class is what most people are, right?

You don't need to be privileged in this country to buy a decent car for around £7000-10000. Buying a car for £1000 is literally an insult, especially for someone like David Cameron. It's like buying a cheap £50 android phone as a present.

Lol you can get a decent second hand car for £1000
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending