The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE Geography Unit 1

Is anyone doing their geography exam tomorrow (24/5/16) with CCEA?? I can't seem to find any threads relating to it :frown:
i done it today?! what did you think about it?
It was actually a pretty good paper. I sort of messed up the river and coasts case study but the rest of it was really good. That meanders questions was a
Dream. What did you circle for the question about whether California was prepared?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ciarahawes1
i done it today?! what did you think about it?

I'm not too sure how I feel about it to be honest! It wasn't the worst paper but it wasn't the best either. The question on the natural climatic cycle threw me off because I joined my class 3 weeks late because I dropped art so I don't remember revising it at all and ended up writing about how the sun sends out short wave radiation to heat up the atmosphere :frown: So I know I've already lost 3 marks aha
Original post by chemistrynerd13
It was actually a pretty good paper. I sort of messed up the river and coasts case study but the rest of it was really good. That meanders questions was a
Dream. What did you circle for the question about whether California was prepared?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was okay and I think i got a B in it but I'm predicted to get an A so I'm going to have to really work hard for the human paper! A few questions threw me off but the case studies were really good. I was really expecting the case study on a flood within the British Isles to come up though because it hasn't came up as a 6 marker in a few years so I learnt it really well agh :frown: and I circled that the people of California weren't prepared, what did you choose?
For the natural climatic question, I wrote that the earths orbit may have changed and it moved towards the sun making it hotter. I also wrote about volcanic activity and how it decreased temperatures
Original post by chemistrynerd13
For the natural climatic question, I wrote that the earths orbit may have changed and it moved towards the sun making it hotter. I also wrote about volcanic activity and how it decreased temperatures

I didn't write anything about volcanic activity because there was a separate bullet point on that on the spec! I wrote about how the sun sends down radiation to the earths surface and how it's trapped in pollution so it can't escape and heats up the atmosphere but I know it's completely wrong!
i wrote about volcanic activity some people are saying thats wrong but im nearly sure i learned it!! for california i circled that they werent prepared because it was something like 22% felt they were prepared which was a low statistic! i sort of felt okay until i heard what others wrote lol
i wrote about volcanic activity some people are saying thats wrong but im nearly sure i learned it!! for california i circled that they werent prepared because it was something like 22% felt they were prepared which was a low statistic! i sort of felt okay until i heard what others wrote lol

Volcanic activity is right because i spoke about it with my teacher afterwards! And yeah I circled that the people of California weren't prepared too, it's only an opinion question so as long as you used 2 pieces of evidence from the text they can't really mark you wrong
good! i really hope ive done well in it. Are you sitting English Lit tomorrow?
good! i really hope ive done well in it. Are you sitting English Lit tomorrow?

Me too but I'm sure you have! And yeah with aqa though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending