The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Accomodation

Hey, does anyone know if Aberdeen is very rigid with their accommodation contract? As in, do you have to pay rent for the full term if you aren't there for part of it, and also can you extend it by a few weeks if you need to?

Also, anyone have any tips on which places are the best to stay at/which should be avoided? Thank you
I live in Aberdeen, and usually, it's usually expensive. However, the house and rent prices have gone extremely low due to the Oil Slump. If you don't choose Uni Accommodation, please don't consider the nearby areas. While the nearby areas are rife with poverty, homeowners regularly rip students off. You could easily be renting in a middle-upper class house with a £100 increase of your budget.

And BTW, the crime rates are really low, but please don't consider getting near any gangs.

We Aberdonians are nice people too!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by mghanduri
I live in Aberdeen, and usually, it's usually expensive. However, the house and rent prices have gone extremely low due to the Oil Slump. If you don't choose Uni Accommodation, please don't consider the nearby areas. While the nearby areas are rife with poverty, homeowners regularly rip students off. You could easily be renting in a middle-upper class house with a £100 increase of your budget.

And BTW, the crime rates are really low, but please don't consider getting near any gangs.

We Aberdonians are nice people too!

wow haha so its better to stay on campus?
Original post by iayi
wow haha so its better to stay on campus?

Imho, yes. It is better to stay on Campus. However, if you don't want to stay on Campus, then avoid AB24, Torry, Bucksburn and Northfield. They're the bad places in Aberdeen.
Reply 4
Original post by mghanduri
Imho, yes. It is better to stay on Campus. However, if you don't want to stay on Campus, then avoid AB24, Torry, Bucksburn and Northfield. They're the bad places in Aberdeen.

I will be studying in Aberdeen this September and started scouting around (via web browser at the moment unfortunately) for 1 bedroom at the range between GBP350-450 per month..

AB24 looks like the Old Aberdeen area and the surrounding of the University of Aberdeen.

Any idea what is the current range for a bedroom flat? I intend to rent a flat to myself since my fiance is joining me (as a 1 year long Aberdeen tourist!)... so need a little privacy and space for just the two of us.

Where would you recommend with reasonable walking distance to the Uni.

Thanks.
Original post by EddyK87
I will be studying in Aberdeen this September and started scouting around (via web browser at the moment unfortunately) for 1 bedroom at the range between GBP350-450 per month..

AB24 looks like the Old Aberdeen area and the surrounding of the University of Aberdeen.

Any idea what is the current range for a bedroom flat? I intend to rent a flat to myself since my fiance is joining me (as a 1 year long Aberdeen tourist!)... so need a little privacy and space for just the two of us.

Where would you recommend with reasonable walking distance to the Uni.

Thanks.

Hello, I'm sorry for the late reply, as I moved house and there wasn;t any internet for almost two weeks.

I think that the best area would probably be AB25, but when you look at it on the GMaps, you should see a hospital in the centre called the Royal Cornhill Hospital. Get a property just South of that, as they tend to look better that the neighbourhood on the Northern side of the Hospital. They're generally held at the same price, though.

In Aberdeen, the best place to look for accommodation is the Internet, and here are a few that I've found:
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/40626091?search_identifier=105e945e5b7d05b3694722bbe0d7154b#OO0OiIQzybmEr0PR.97
http://www.citylets.co.uk/property-rent/city-centre-george-street-ab25-289950/?utm_source=nestoria
Reply 6
Hi,

I will be starting class this fall at the Suttie Centre for Teaching and Learning. Do you have any recommendations for areas to look for off campus housing that would be within walking distance of my classes? Just a fully furnished 1 bedroom or studio.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending