The Student Room Group

Is a person who is 75-77% african the same as a full blooded african?

Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Opinions?
Reply 2
Well, they are not the same because they have different percentages. So, clearly they are not the same. But they are similar.
I don't believe you can be full blood African anyway.
Reply 4
75% < 100%
Therefore nawh :no:
[video="youtube;b0EDNX47S20"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0EDNX47S20[/video]

They're still black
Original post by Trapz99
Well, they are not the same because they have different percentages. So, clearly they are not the same. But they are similar.

Ah ok fair play
Original post by veryambitchious
I don't believe you can be full blood African anyway.

How so?
Original post by Lemonsponge
[video="youtube;b0EDNX47S20"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0EDNX47S20[/video]

They're still black

Yeah but IMO black and african are two different things, For someone t qualify as 100% black they must be (over 50 % african but also at the same time have ancestors who were slaves) For me black is an offshoot of african, its kind of like the what a latino is to an Aztec
No. I call them bi-racial or half breed. Some who is over 90 or above percent is a pure breed.
That's just me though.
Original post by SmileyVibe
No. I call them bi-racial or half breed. Some who is over 90 or above percent is a pure breed.
That's just me though.

That makes zero sense, Bi racial is half black half another race, anything above (even 90%) is mixed or full black if 100% african or 100% if decended decended from slaves, also half breed is an offensive term to anybody who is of dual heritage.
Original post by blackstar101204
That makes zero sense, Bi racial is half black half another race, anything above (even 90%) is mixed or full black if 100% african or 100% if decended decended from slaves, also half breed is an offensive term to anybody who is of dual heritage.

That what's I call em. I don't mean any offense though. A person who has 96 percent is more African than a person who is 3/4 African. 1/4 is a lot! Okay then. I meant mixed not bi-racial.

Mixed heritage?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah but IMO black and african are two different things, For someone t qualify as 100% black they must be (over 50 % african but also at the same time have ancestors who were slaves) For me black is an offshoot of african, its kind of like the what a latino is to an Aztec

They're mixed. They're 58 percent African and 42 other. What about the 42 percent?
(edited 7 years ago)
That what's I call em. I don't mean any offense though. A person who has 96 percent is more African than a person who is 3/4 African. 1/4 is a lot! Okay then. I meant mixed not bi-racial.

Mixed heritage?

ah ok fair play a 96% is still mixed but barely
They're mixed. They're 58 percent African and 42 other. What about the 42 percent?

Yeah but thats my point, its very difficult to find a 'black' person who is actually 100% black, this is why i tell people not to confuse black with african, black people are people with the majority african DNA but also with a varying degree of non african admixture. A person who is 50/50 is not black though they are biracial, the Hodge twins IMO are practically biracial but if they say they they're black thats their choice, there's nothing really wrong with that
Yeah but thats my point, its very difficult to find a 'black' person who is actually 100% black, this is why i tell people not to confuse black with african, black people are people with the majority african DNA but also with a varying degree of non african admixture. A person who is 50/50 is not black though they are biracial, the Hodge twins IMO are practically biracial but if they say they they're black thats their choice, there's nothing really wrong with that

I know that no human is entirely black but I say 90 or above is pretty close enough to full black. I have no problem with biracials claiming their blackness but to me it sets a different bar for blacks who views biracials as black because they aspire to be someone who doesn't share their DNA completely and has genes for other races that they're not. A biracial will have looser hair and lighter skin than the black person who is just black can never gain. To me, it just confuses black people when they identify biracials as full black.
(edited 7 years ago)
I know that no human is entirely black but I say 90 or above is pretty close enough to full black. I have no problem with biracials claiming their blackness but to me it sets a different bar for blacks who views biracials as black because they aspire to be someone who doesn't share their DNA completely and has genes for other races that they're not. A biracial will have looser hair and lighter skin than the black person who is just black can never gain. To me, it just confuses black people when they identify biracials as full black.

I completely understand what you're saying but not all mixed people look mixed, for instance im 75-77% black and i look like a normal black person my skin is dark and my hair is like an africans apart from it's brown, the only thing different about me is that i have kind of indian facial features (such as a slightly hooked nose and different eye shape) mixed with black facial features. I dont think somebody like me would confuse black people too much since i look pretty much like your average black person (or 90%+ african as you call it), I get what you mean about biracial people though because some of them look far different from the average black person and for us to see biracial as the standard of black beauty is borderline retarded since as you say we don't look anything like a lot of biracial people. WHat i think black people need to realise is that they should be happy with what they ook like since objectively there literally is no difference between blacks and other races in terms superiority or inferiorty (despite what other races like to say about us) In fact i have noticed that a lot of other races try to copy our style and try to imitate our features (botox + butt injections) Black girls on the whole IMO are as attractive as any other race and not in the least bit less attractive. But i think the reason why blacks try to caim to mixed race people is because they think it will some how make them closer to whites and this is essentially the after effect of slavery.
I completely understand what you're saying but not all mixed people look mixed, for instance im 75-77% black and i look like a normal black person my skin is dark and my hair is like an africans apart from it's brown, the only thing different about me is that i have kind of indian facial features (such as a slightly hooked nose and different eye shape) mixed with black facial features. I dont think somebody like me would confuse black people too much since i look pretty much like your average black person (or 90%+ african as you call it), I get what you mean about biracial people though because some of them look far different from the average black person and for us to see biracial as the standard of black beauty is borderline retarded since as you say we don't look anything like a lot of biracial people. WHat i think black people need to realise is that they should be happy with what they ook like since objectively there literally is no difference between blacks and other races in terms superiority or inferiorty (despite what other races like to say about us) In fact i have noticed that a lot of other races try to copy our style and try to imitate our features (botox + butt injections) Black girls on the whole IMO are as attractive as any other race and not in the least bit less attractive. But i think the reason why blacks try to caim to mixed race people is because they think it will some how make them closer to whites and this is essentially the after effect of slavery.

To me, I think that some black people are too quick to claim biracial as full black because they're attractive. If a biracial girl has nice hair and pretty green eyes, some black people will be quick to dismiss her non black half so they can claim all black people can come in different color and looks when really its her non black features that are being reflected right back at them. Its a way to feel good about being black even if you're not good looking yourself. I'm not saying black people can't have looser hair types or green hair however, those traits are recessive and are mainly European genes. Majority of the famous black American actresses are biracial or mixed. Beyonce, Halle Berry, Alisha Keys, Mariah Cariey.
To me, I think that some black people are too quick to claim biracial as full black because they're attractive. If a biracial girl has nice hair and pretty green eyes, some black people will be quick to dismiss her non black half so they can claim all black people can come in different color and looks when really its her non black features that are being reflected right back at them. Its a way to feel good about being black even if you're not good looking yourself. I'm not saying black people can't have looser hair types or green hair however, those traits are recessive and are mainly European genes. Majority of the famous black American actresses are biracial or mixed. Beyonce, Halle Berry, Alisha Keys, Mariah Cariey.

But does that mean that actual black celebs such as lupita or kelly rowland are unattractive?
for instance im 75-77% black

What does that mean? Have you had your DNA analysed or are you just making up numbers?

Also your definition of black requiring someone to have slaves as ancestors is bizarre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending