The Student Room Group

French listening igcse aqa: What the hell

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Screme
Dude have you done the AQA IGCSE reading already? If so pm please!

No GCSE unfortunately
Original post by Screme
You know AQA is screwing with you when you go to the best boys school in the country and the most intelligent kid you know there finds it hard.:angry:

Exactly the same here; one of the top schools in North West England, we're all predicted straight As with at least 5 A*s and everyone came out of the exams like what the actual hell was that.
AQA why you do dis
It was impossible!!
Original post by hxfsxh
Exactly the same here; one of the top schools in North West England, we're all predicted straight As with at least 5 A*s and everyone came out of the exams like what the actual hell was that.

Anyone have an unofficial mark skeme
Original post by hxfsxh

Same here. To be honest, from what you've said, I think we might actually go to the same school.
It seems to me that everyone is exaggerating the extent of their failure. Sure, it wasn't the easiest of tests, but the grade boundaries will reflect that. Also, don't forget that this is a mere 25% of your grade. Revise hard for reading and writing instead of worrying about what cannot be changed!

In the words of the 'roadmen' of our modern day, selfie-crazed, E-card-using society: 'It's not that deep.'
As far as I have been told, the grade boundaries will be doubly low as a cause of two reasons:
1 Usually the iGCSE is taken by private schools, but as less and less schools like controlled assessment, more comprehensive schools are taking the iGCSE this year in preparation for next years GCSEs which don't constitute controlled assessment. This means the grade boundaries will be lower to get an even spread across the country for all schools.
2 It was hard and that seems to be a unanimous thought, so the grade boundaries will also have to reflect the difficulty too.
Original post by hxfsxh
As far as I have been told, the grade boundaries will be doubly low as a cause of two reasons:
1 Usually the iGCSE is taken by private schools, but as less and less schools like controlled assessment, more comprehensive schools are taking the iGCSE this year in preparation for next years GCSEs which don't constitute controlled assessment. This means the grade boundaries will be lower to get an even spread across the country for all schools.
2 It was hard and that seems to be a unanimous thought, so the grade boundaries will also have to reflect the difficulty too.

Yeah, I go to a state school and it was the first year they chose to do iGCSEs. Did everybody in your school find it difficult (assuming that you go to a private school)?
Original post by surina16
Yeah, I go to a state school and it was the first year they chose to do iGCSEs. Did everybody in your school find it difficult (assuming that you go to a private school)?

I don't go to a private school, but its a grammar academy.
All the french takers found it difficult, yep.
we re talking about the igcse one which is different.
Original post by 1jonam16
Sorry guys, but for some reason my school found that the listening wasn't really that hard and that the reading was very easy. I think it was possible to even get full marks in the reading. I predict 34-35 for A* reading and 33 for listening.

It isn't the same exam, we haven't done the reading yet
Original post by Screme
You know AQA is screwing with you when you go to the best boys school in the country and the most intelligent kid you know there finds it hard.:angry:

qe right? lol
Anyone know if it will be possible to resit this exam??
Reply 34
Original post by ForcePotential
qe right? lol

force potential, how did u kno? what school do u go to?
Original post by screme
you know aqa is screwing with you when you go to the best boys school in the country and the most intelligent kid you know there finds it hard.:angry:

qe right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending