The Student Room Group

I am Transgender.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OGGUS
are you going to get surgery for it to be removed

Yes! In about two years hopefully! :smile: xxx
what are the faux pas when to avoid talking to someone transgender?
Original post by AppleB
:five: Same! I also love H&M - their jumpers are amazing lol
Is your story similar to his? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RYuipbRGu5s but opposite

H&M is amazing! And yes! :smile: xxx
are you M2f or f2m?
Original post by lilytessamadigan
Hi! I am Lily, I am a teenage girl. I'm also transgender, which I am proud of, but that doesn't define me. I'm also a fashion enthusiast, shopaholic and a wannabe makeup artist, among other things.
Feel free to ask me questions about my being transgender and my transition, or to share your own experiences.

This isn't meant as offense but more so out of curiosity. Don't you think that "mental gender" shouldn't actually be a thing as all men and all women can think the same way or different ways anyway? For example, a man a women can think and feel the same but it doesn't mean one of them is in the wrong body and likewise if two men/two women think different ways, it doesn't mean one of them is is necessarily the wrong gender but they are just all people who are able to think differently and the same as they choose? So, do you think the whole mental side of gender is created by societal pressures and there's not really any label necessary for people who think differently as we are all humans? :smile:

The only reason Male/Female was ever used anyway was to specify physical differences and not mental ones anyway. For example, a man has a penis and a woman a vagina and they also have different chromosomes (biologically speaking).

So do you think that you aren't defined by gender as transgender but by the fact that you're human like me, like your family, like everyone else? :smile: I apologise if this is not worded greatly, I am just interested out of love and trying to gain knowledge, never of hate.
Typical attention seeking, no need to make a thread about this...
My birth name was Liam. I am pre-op. I am on the waiting list for the gender identity clinic who will start me on HRT which will increase in dose over time. I've always known on a subconscious level. I came to the complete realisation about 6 years ago maybe. I really think being born in the wrong sex has been a disadvantage because for a long time it caused a lot of self hate and anxiety to the point where I became very clinically depressed, although since coming out and embracing my true self I have become a lot happier :smile: xxx

Awwww! The fact that you are happier now is beautiful, as the only thing worth striving for is happiness :smile: Best of luck with everything!!!
no one cares.
Original post by multieman
Typical attention seeking, no need to make a thread about this...

I am just hoping to educate the community by answering questions. By sharing my experiences and views I would just hope to increase understanding and compassion for the transgender experience.
Hi! I am Lily, I am a teenage girl. I'm also transgender, which I am proud of, but that doesn't define me. I'm also a fashion enthusiast, shopaholic and a wannabe makeup artist, among other things.
Feel free to ask me questions about my being transgender and my transition, or to share your own experiences.

Have your friends and family been supportive?
Original post by ArabianPhoenix
Awwww! The fact that you are happier now is beautiful, as the only thing worth striving for is happiness :smile: Best of luck with everything!!!

Thank you!! :smile: xx
Have your school and classmates been supportive during the process?
Do you dress in female clothes for school?
Do you use the ladies room?
If you were to enter a relationship with a male, how long before you would tell them of you being born a boy? Even if you haven't been in a rs so far, if you were would you tell him before anything got serious or wait?
The people here are so hypocritical - they'll call this personal, informative thread useless and attention-seeking, and then turn their uneducated asses around and dig up old news on transgender teens just to snipe and gripe and start a debate against someone's entire existence.

Keep being you, darling, don't let anyone bring you down! Your name is lovely, by the way. I adore the name Lily.
Original post by Platopus
Have your friends and family been supportive?

My friends have been immensely supportive excluding my former best friend who doesn't talk to me anymore. :frown: My family are more accepting than supporting but at times they can be unaccepting and it is very hurtful coming from them.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
If you were to enter a relationship with a male, how long before you would tell them of you being born a boy? Even if you haven't been in a rs so far, if you were would you tell him before anything got serious or wait?

I would always disclose before I go on a date with anyone, or even if I was just going to a friends house or a friend coming round mine. There have been cases where transgender people haven't disclosed initially and it has ended in abuse or even murder :frown: xx
Original post by polarising
The people here are so hypocritical - they'll call this personal, informative thread useless and attention-seeking, and then turn their uneducated asses around and dig up old news on transgender teens just to snipe and gripe and start a debate against someone's entire existence.

Keep being you, darling, don't let anyone bring you down! Your name is lovely, by the way. I adore the name Lily.

Thank you so much!! :smile: <3
Original post by homeland.lsw
Have your school and classmates been supportive during the process?
Do you dress in female clothes for school?
Do you use the ladies room?

My classmates on the whole have been very accepting and supportive. I would like to wear female clothes at school and use the ladies room but currently my school won't allow me to although this is something I am challenging. xx
Original post by BirdIsWord
are you M2f or f2m?

M2F
Original post by picklescamp
what are the faux pas when to avoid talking to someone transgender?

Try to use correct pronouns, micro-expressions etc. As long as your not using incorrect pronouns on purpose, or calling me names (it, freak) I would be happy. Hope I understood your question correctly :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest