The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Propi
No in this day and age urbanisation is extremely common, in the ME especially the majority of the population cluster in main cities.

My other 4 can use take turns on the horse, because if I buy 6 horses it will feel like a medieval army and extremist training camp and MI6 will come knocking on my door.

Yes, but has the mentality changed?

MI6 would do no such thing. MI5 or Scotland Yard on the other hand will probably anyway, so you might as well get each kid their own horse.
Reply 141
Original post by inhuman
Yes, but has the mentality changed?

MI6 would do no such thing. MI5 or Scotland Yard on the other hand will probably anyway, so you might as well get each kid their own horse.

Well I'd never heard of it till the internet, in most muslim/arab countries if the girl is conservative and known to be so (virginity is the norm there) there's no reason to look beyond that.

But I don't like the secret service, waterboarding will ruin my skin. >:frown:They can have a kitten each, everyone prefers cats.
Reply 142
Original post by frostyy
The only choice that I denied was the one women in the East have. Otherwise I wouldn't be writing a post where I explain why certain individuals believe that taking the scarf off could be a good decision. But the point that people aren't clearly making, is that by choosing to wear it, you're also choosing an ideology that limits you in a limitless amount of ways - kind of like having freedom and becoming a slave out of self will. Hence, the question why and in some cases, a bit aggressive innuendo that maybe, via freedom, you should choose to maintain freedom in life as a whole.

But anyway, the toxic levels of that post are ridiculous and so are your cool life stories. Did they teach you how to understand what you read in Saudi Arabia?

Apart from the bit I answered, skipping the blabber and all the funny accusations, because I honestly don't know where you got these from, my pumped up bubble of atheist ideas isn't giving you any pity, it's only suggesting a logical, at least in my reality, course of action. So maybe instead of attacking everybody who questions your dogma in a thread where the author claimed it's an issue, answer them with the same kind of understanding that you demand from them.

You see, pathetic people think that humans don't have the right to question other people's choices, yet question the opinions themselves. Hypocrisy at its bloody best.

Bravo.
Reply 143
Original post by Propi
When I graduate enshallah. Dat nice tax free dough :tongue:

I really hope you'll make it. Encourage your like-minded friends to do so as well.
Reply 144
Original post by Josb
I really hope you'll make it. Encourage your like-minded friends to do so as well.

I'm coming back tho, only richer :biggrin:
Reply 145
Original post by Propi
I'm coming back tho, only richer :biggrin:

Stay there please.
Reply 146
Original post by Rhythmical
Only if you tell me your list! :u:

I'm 18, don't wanna get married yet anyways oh lol my mum would have a heart attack if I tell her I met him on TSR, I'll say the Ummah forums lmao.

Don't be afraid of your mum.
Reply 147
Original post by Josb
Stay there please.

But I want to turn the UK into a muslamic state subject to sharia law :C

My plans cannot be foiled my dear, it's too late.
Original post by Josb
Don't be afraid of your mum.

Sadly I have to be :frown: she's so scary and already lecturers my older sister for sneaking out to meet guys which she thinks are just girls who are her friends.
Reply 149
Sadly I have to be :frown: she's so scary and already lecturers my older sister for sneaking out to meet guys which she thinks are just girls who are her friends.

I mean sneaking out to meet up multiple guys is alarming regardless of culture and religion....I feel sorry for your mum.
Original post by Propi
I mean sneaking out to meet up multiple guys is alarming regardless of culture and religion....I feel sorry for your mum.

Well she meets them off Muslim dating sites but it is weird, however if for the correct intentions, I.e marriage then I see no harm.
Reply 151
Well she meets them off Muslim dating sites but it is weird, however if for the correct intentions, I.e marriage then I see no harm.

Dating is dating man, intentions don't bypass sin. The fact that she doesn't know them before she sneaks out is scary for your mother. If she must meet "multiple men", she needs to be more discreet. If your mother is finding out, she's doing something wrong.

That's pretty haram and seeing as she finds these men off sleazy dating sites, she's probably not looking to get married to them, just do haram.
Original post by Propi
Dating is dating man, intentions don't bypass sin. The fact that she doesn't know them before she sneaks out is scary for your mother. If she must meet "multiple men", she needs to be more discreet. If your mother is finding out, she's doing something wrong.

My mum isn't finding out, she's just having a hunch but she isn't smart enough to work anything out. I don't see any problem in dating, if it's between two Muslim people then it shouldn't be an issue, I've known many people marry this way, no one wants an arranged marriage or marry someone straight away.
Original post by mrambitious
That's pretty haram and seeing as she finds these men off sleazy dating sites, she's probably not looking to get married to them, just do haram.

My sister isn't like that, I know it, again please don't judge her as you don't know her. No one is a perfect Muslim because we all sin, your sinning right now by talking to me.
Reply 155
My mum isn't finding out, she's just having a hunch but she isn't smart enough to work anything out. I don't see any problem in dating, if it's between two Muslim people then it shouldn't be an issue, I've known many people marry this way, no one wants an arranged marriage or marry someone straight away.

Don't throw your mum under the bus just because she doesn't like the idea of you and your sister meeting up with "multiple men". If she loves someone and was sneaking out to meet them, then her actions make more sense. But if it gets around that she's meeting loads of muslim guys from online websites, regardless of how chaste she is, people will talk and it will compromise her chance of finding an actual husband.
My sister isn't like that, I know it, again please don't judge her as you don't know her. No one is a perfect Muslim because we all sin, your sinning right now by talking to me.

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as judgmental. But there are many halal ways of finding a suitable spouse, going out to meet them alone is not one of them, it is dangerous and can reduce her marriage prospects greatly when people find out

Also how am I gaining sin talking to you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mrambitious
Sorry I didn't mean to come across as judgmental.

But how am I gaining sin talking to you?

It's fine, because technically being Muslim we can't speak to the opposite gender if we aren't family.

Original post by Propi
Don't throw your mum under the bus just because she doesn't like the idea of you and your sister meeting up with "multiple men". If she loves someone and was sneaking out to meet them, then her actions make more sense. But if it gets around that she's meeting loads of muslim guys from online websites, regardless of how chaste she is, people will talk and it will compromise her chance of finding an actual husband.

No trust me, she must like them enough to meet up with them, there wouldn't be no other intention however she hasn't done it for a while. Most of the guys she speaks to mainly become her friends or she cuts contact completely.
Reply 158
It's fine, because technically being Muslim we can't speak to the opposite gender if we aren't family.

No trust me, she must like them enough to meet up with them, there wouldn't be no other intention however she hasn't done it for a while. Most of the guys she speaks to mainly become her friends or she cuts contact completely.

You misunderstand, I don't for a moment think there are bad intentions, I am just concerned that if it gets out people will talk regardless of what she is actually like. I am only saying for her sake, she needs to be careful, you can't reverse reputation ni matter how undeserved.
Original post by Propi
You misunderstand, I don't for a moment think there are bad intentions, I am just concerned that if it gets out people will talk regardless of what she is actually like. I am only saying for her sake, she needs to be careful, you can't reverse reputation ni matter how undeserved.

Regardless of if they talk or not, it's their problem. I know most people who have sinned worst so they are in no position to judge about meeting up with people when they've dated and done much worse. If they want to gossip, it just shows that all they care about is reputation and stupid honour.

Latest

Trending

Trending