The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Who's doing D1?
Reply 321
Can someone please help me... I am doing this specimen paper for C2, but can't figure out this problem.
Question 6, b

I used the geometric equation: ar^(n-1) < 500
and solved for n, but it seems that the mark scheme did not include the -1 part in (n-1)... and so altered my value for n by 1.
Why did they do this?

Thanks

Paper: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/Specimen%20QP%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdf

Mark Scheme: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/Specimen%20MS%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 322
Original post by Imjustaloner
Who's doing D1?

not me... :smile:
Does anyone have any last minute videos or websites for C2?
Reply 324
Original post by Princess220
Does anyone have any last minute videos or websites for C2?

http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Edexcel/period-1/C2/module.php
I always go through all the videos the night before the exam to refresh my memory and then the ones I am not as confident on I have another look at in the morning. Good luck!
Original post by Imjustaloner
Who's doing D1?

Meeeeee :biggrin:
I'm getting sooo panicky now, I've done all the Solomon papers and Gold papers, and done well on them, but I really don't want to mess up C2 again. Praying my brain actually functions tomorrow lol
Original post by chloeabeki
I'm getting sooo panicky now, I've done all the Solomon papers and Gold papers, and done well on them, but I really don't want to mess up C2 again. Praying my brain actually functions tomorrow lol

Stay calm ... go through the questions slowly so that you don't make any stupid mistakes like I seem to always do :smile: .. and concentrate. Think outside the box on questions that you might struggle with.
Reply 328

If you understand the content then you should be good to go! If you do get into a2 maths you'll most likely resit this module unless u get 90+ UMS because you'll realise how simple this module is. Anyways good luck buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sleep early guys! That's the key to doing well :smile:
Original post by rosemondtan

kk
Original post by imran_
If you understand the content then you should be good to go! If you do get into a2 maths you'll most likely resit this module unless u get 90+ UMS because you'll realise how simple this module is. Anyways good luck buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I'm doing! I'm resitting C2 because last year I only got 69 UMS D: It seems a lot simpler now I've done C3/4 because there are certain things that can be applied to C2, but I'm just worried it will be a horrid paper because everyone was saying C1 was awful this year.
Original post by TheMathsMan
Stay calm ... go through the questions slowly so that you don't make any stupid mistakes like I seem to always do :smile: .. and concentrate. Think outside the box on questions that you might struggle with.

I do that a lot too, a lot of the marks I lose are for randomly changing a sign for some reason or just making a transcription error, really need to get out of the habit of making daft mistakes like that!
Original post by rosemondtan

Not necessarily. #TeamNoSleep
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Lul

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NYB
Can someone please help me... I am doing this specimen paper for C2, but can't figure out this problem.
Question 6, b

I used the geometric equation: ar^(n-1) < 500
and solved for n, but it seems that the mark scheme did not include the -1 part in (n-1)... and so altered my value for n by 1.
Why did they do this?

Thanks

Paper: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/Specimen%20QP%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdf

Mark Scheme: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/Specimen%20MS%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdf

It's to do with interpreting what n actually is - and the price decreases during the first year, so the first term is not a but ar and this can be reflected by finding ar^n, or.. that's one way of interpreting it, I suppose. Not finding this easy to explain/understand either, sorry :tongue:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Saaame. That saved my S1 grade last year lmao
pls based edexcel don't **** me like last year
That's what I'm doing! I'm resitting C2 because last year I only got 69 UMS D: It seems a lot simpler now I've done C3/4 because there are certain things that can be applied to C2, but I'm just worried it will be a horrid paper because everyone was saying C1 was awful this year.

If you've done C3/4 you shouldn't be worried about C2 at all. Every year people complain about how their paper was the most difficult ever. C2 is a standard paper and you should be able to smash it if you've done c3/4
Good luck to everyone sitting C2 today. May it be a decent paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending