The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UK_Bound
Forums are really quiet, you could hear a needle drop!:colondollar:...no one is giving any updates....is everyone on Sabbaticals??? Anyway, this week medical forms should start coming in. Keep healthy guys!

Medical forms? Pls elaborate further. Though I have been informed by uws that they have decided to offer me the css scholarship but the lady in charge has been ill lately and his coleegue says she is the one familiar with the system. Is medicals the next thing after csc stage and how is the process like?
Original post by Soulhighman
Medical forms? Pls elaborate further. Though I have been informed by uws that they have decided to offer me the css scholarship but the lady in charge has been ill lately and his coleegue says she is the one familiar with the system. Is medicals the next thing after csc stage and how is the process like?

Hi, from about the 26th of May, to mid June we must be receiving official notification (for those not yet in receipt) of nomination/conditional award of csss (conditional on passing medicals)
Hi, from about the 26th of May, to mid June we must be receiving official notification (for those not yet in receipt) of nomination/conditional award of csss (conditional on passing medicals)

Thanks for this information. I hope the person in charge at Uws updates my nomination on the EAS portal before then. I would like to quickly get off this anxiety.
Reply 1143
When will reserves be notified?
I am getting more anxious, mine is with CSC but I have not received any communication whatsoever from both the uni and CSC
Original post by Katie2016
I am getting more anxious, mine is with CSC but I have not received any communication whatsoever from both the uni and CSC

Anxiety is understandable but once your status says CSC, there is no going back really. Unless you end up having issues with your health. I am sure your uni and/or csc will soon contact you. Alternatively, you can email your university and ask for an update. You are in and congrats! :smile:
Original post by Bibaa
When will reserves be notified?

Hi Bibaa, this largely depends on how early candidates having multiple nominations decline their offers. Definitely, you will get to know because each candidate can only accept one offer. All the best
Reply 1147
Has anyone (who is nominated to CSC) got official documents from csc/university ?
I didn't get any emails from CSC nor Newcastle. Just the changed Status since 18th April
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nicku
Has anyone (who is nominated to CSC) got official documents from csc/university ?
I didn't receive any emails at all just the status change on the applicant portal
Anxiety is understandable but once your status says CSC, there is no going back really. Unless you end up having issues with your health. I am sure your uni and/or csc will soon contact you. Alternatively, you can email your university and ask for an update. You are in and congrats! :smile:

Trying to be positive and hoping you're right!
Reply 1151
Original post by Arcasia
I didn't receive any emails at all just the status change on the applicant portal

Thanks Arcasia for updating
Original post by Arcasia
I didn't get any emails from CSC nor Newcastle. Just the changed Status since 18th April

Hi Arcasia, did you try to contact Newcastle about the same?
CSC are on a sabbatical leave...They took Kuchikau's advice.:u:
A break is as good as a rest.
I believe they should start sending mails + other related documents by the beginning of June.
Success to you'all.
Reply 1154
@ UK Bound :thanks for the response
Sigh..
I haven't. Didn't receive any email from CSC directly nor from Newcastle. Just the status changed to CSC. Lump in my throat constantly and knots in my stomach!

Didn't know who to address it to. The admissions department and the scholarship dept had earlier replied that this is not their domain, and I tried contacting an email address for referee related info but she didn't reply. So just holding on to hope here.

Didn't know who to address it to. The admissions department and the scholarship dept had earlier replied that this is not their domain, and I tried contacting an email address for referee related info but she didn't reply. So just holding on to hope here.
Reply 1159
Original post by Arcasia

At Newcastle contact James Fox.Senior Financial Support Assistant : James.Fox (at) newcastle.ac.uk
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending