The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Eh?

What are you actually on about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fat people getting free treatment off the NHS.

Maybe google bypass?
Original post by inhuman
Fat people getting free treatment off the NHS.

Maybe google bypass?

Nah, I know what it is.. I'm asking about how that connects to student fees..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Nah, I know what it is.. I'm asking about how that connects to student fees..

Posted from TSR Mobile

The person asked if he should subsidize the education of the other poster. I said that I would rather that, than pay for treatment of fatties.

You really don't see the link?
Reply 123
Original post by The gains kinggg
So i should subsidise you?

I don't need it, I'm just saying that there are actually people out there who do need it and many who can't afford it.
Original post by K2G
I don't need it, I'm just saying that there are actually people out there who do need it and many who can't afford it.

student loan....
Reply 125
student loan....

See, Loan. It's in the name.
student loan....

I think there is a bit of a difference in attitude of someone deciding is uni worth it if he or she knows that any future salary they will have will be x% lower compared to someone who gets the full amount.

Not to mention when will it end? When we have turned into America where debts for university have reached the trillions?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/specialfeatures/2013/08/07/how-the-college-debt-is-crippling-students-parents-and-the-economy/#52f7bf0d1a41

Should it end when the cost of education equals exactly the future lifetime gain in salary?
Original post by hezzlington
Nothing constructive to post?

My comment was not even directed towards you so........
Original post by meap
I don't get when people say they can't pay for it, aren't there loans for that or am i missing something?

Some people don't get enough to support themselves..

just because someone goes to uni does not mean they are intelligent. Have you seen London Met?

Going to London met doesn't mean you're unintelligent..
Original post by cherryred90s
Going to London met doesn't mean you're unintelligent..

umm yes it does
Original post by Kieran1996
Completely understand where you're coming from. IMO schools don't offer good enough or any at all career advice and they lack the knowledge to help students create long term plans. I am lucky that wanting to do engineering there is a lot of support around but for other disciplines there are not...

But in your case, you've started uni now so you may as well finish it, best of luck to you! And as you say networking is the best option, try to get some placements or something, whatever gets you past the front door :smile:

Thanks mate I guess that's my only option now though it's so far down the line, I'd have to like remodel my entire persona and personality and show a totally different face and I dunno if it'll work, I've made some enemies as far as peers and staff my last 3 and a half yrs here :\ I guess I don't have to use my uni for connections, and just grow up and go for something on my own but I do need some references and I have none and I feel they've all plotted against me seriously, don't wanna get into it, but I had professors imply that they won't do it for me :\ Life honestly isn't hard and neither is Uni it's that I just am in a **** place in particular and suddenly realise that the things I need I don't have. I came to Uni with tunnel vision like "ok do your work, get your grades, leave, boom." So I didn't treat students kindly and didn't respect my professors :\ I only planned to do 2 yrs which I have but then realised I wasn't career ready yet to leave then, so now I'm stuck overqualified yet underexperienced and no support to boot smh The transition between now and graduating is...looking well grim lol I need to figure it out. I've had ppl tell me wise up, fix my face, buckle down, treat ppl better and I've tried but I can't because reputations are reputations. I dunno mate I seriously don't ****ing know :facepalm2:
Original post by K2G
See, Loan. It's in the name.

loool exactly gotta pay it back and many can't obviously.
Original post by hezzlington
Relative poverty..?

Not being able to afford a degree is not poverty or even relative poverty.

By definition, yes it is - if the normal UK citizen can afford it, then relatively they are poor.
Original post by meap
I don't get when people say they can't pay for it, aren't there loans for that or am i missing something?

Erm there are various expenses that the loan more often than not doesn't cover. There are people who have folks who will help them foot the costs on top of getting nice loans, but there are others whose parents can't or won't help them there, so they have to scrape by with what they have. It runs out after a while...then you have to pay the loans back after and people don't wanna be stuck with debt. I understand ppl need to learn how to budget but that doesn't mean the system is perfect.
Original post by Retired_Messiah

University education is unrelated to one's views on racism unless you take one of those mental social justice degrees they do in american dumps.

you'd be surprised...
So i should subsidise you?

for the good of society, yes

Far enough there shouldnt be as many unis as there are, and courses need to be protected from middle management/grade inflaton, but education is the only way society can progress meaningfully, and if society wants to have progressive interactions with each other, uni access is necessary.
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
you'd be surprised...

I suppose we haven't met the same university graduates....
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
for the good of society, yes

Far enough there shouldnt be as many unis as there are, and courses need to be protected from middle management/grade inflaton, but education is the only way society can progress meaningfully, and if society wants to have progressive interactions with each other, uni access is necessary.

I don't find black people attractive, personal preference...

Posted from TSR Mobile
JUST DO IT!!! FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS > insert you Youtube Clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Latest

Trending

Trending