The Student Room Group

Is a person who is 75-77% african the same as a full blooded african?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmileyVibe
No. I call them bi-racial or half breed. Some who is over 90 or above percent is a pure breed.
That's just me though.

Can you maths or? Because last I check 50% is half :confused:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Duncan2012
What does that mean? Have you had your DNA analysed or are you just making up numbers?

Also your definition of black requiring someone to have slaves as ancestors is bizarre.

Yes i did and why is my definition bizarre? I am not saying that Africans and black people are a separate race im just saying that by US standards the term 'black' as a poitical term was used to describe africans in the transatlantic slave trade
Are white people so pure, that if someone has a black mother and white father, the child is black? How much black do you need in you before you aren't classed as black?

It is a racist one drop rule - it occured in racist, facist america back a century and beyond that.
Original post by Tawheed
Are white people so pure, that if someone has a black mother and white father, the child is black? How much black do you need in you before you aren't classed as black?

It is a racist one drop rule - it occured in racist, facist america back a century and beyond that.

As i said before that's not black that's biracial
Original post by blackstar101204
Yes i did and why is my definition bizarre? I am not saying that Africans and black people are a separate race im just saying that by US standards the term 'black' as a poitical term was used to describe africans in the transatlantic slave trade

Saying that someone can't be described as black unless they had slaves as ancestors is nonsense. I won't turn this into a history lesson, but plenty of black people weren't slaves.

What's your other 23-25% btw?
Original post by Duncan2012
Saying that someone can't be described as black unless they had slaves as ancestors is nonsense. I won't turn this into a history lesson, but plenty of black people weren't slaves.

What's your other 23-25% btw?

Fair-play what i mean is those Africans who were removed from Africa in the trans Atlantic slave trade and who settled in places such as the Caribbean or america or basically anywhere that wasn't Africa. And the rest of the my DNA is a mix between south Asian, central Asian, Polynesian and European (Iberian peninsula, Ireland, Greece, Scandinavia, west Europe and Finland/northwest Russia).
(edited 7 years ago)
But does that mean that actual black celebs such as lupita or kelly rowland are unattractive?

No. I'm mean society usually associates biracial or mixed women with black woman and they become the face of black people if they're attractive despite them not actually fully black or black for the most part.
(edited 7 years ago)
No. I'm mean society usually associates biracial or mixed woman with black woman and they become the face of black people if they're attractive despite them not actually fully black or the most part black.

Ah ok sorry i misinterpreted what you said, yeah tbh I would agree with you on that one
Ah ok sorry i misinterpreted what you said, yeah tbh I would agree with you on that one

If you don't mind me asking but what are you out of the 23 percent?
If you don't mind me asking but what are you out of the 23 percent?

south Asian, central Asian, Polynesian and European (Iberian peninsula, Ireland, Greece, Scandinavia, west Europe and Finland/northwest Russia)
Reply 30
Do you know what same means?
south Asian, central Asian, Polynesian and European (Iberian peninsula, Ireland, Greece, Scandinavia, west Europe and Finland/northwest Russia)

Wow. That sounds cool tbh. So you're African for the most part but a little everything. Wow. What language do you speak? Or it just English?
Wow. That sounds cool tbh. So you're African for the most part but a little everything. Wow. What language do you speak? Or it just English?

yeah pretty much, yeah i only speak English, where are you from?
yeah pretty much, yeah i only speak English, where are you from?

USA, MD.
USA, MD.
Ah right cool, never knew that TSR was even known of in the US haha
Original post by John55
Do you know what same means?
you're the same mix?
IMO you're african if you are culturally african...it's more than just numbers and percentages, it's a true appreciation of your african culture and other african cultures around you...
Yeah but IMO black and african are two different things, For someone t qualify as 100% black they must be (over 50 % african but also at the same time have ancestors who were slaves) For me black is an offshoot of african, its kind of like the what a latino is to an Aztec

Lol why do you need to have ancestors who were slaves to be black? You know that most Africans were never slaves (which is why they're still in Africa or emigrated by choice in the last few decades). Most of the slaves which came from Africa were taken to the Carribean/America but obviously that is only a minority of all black people in the world.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Lol why do you need to have ancestors who were slaves to be black? You know that most Africans were never slaves (which is why they're still in Africa or emigrated by choice in the last few decades). Most of the slaves which came from Africa were taken to the Carribean/America but obviously that is only a minority of all black people in the world.

That's my point, that's how i separate black people from africans, the ones who didnt leave Africa are not black because they didn't have the same traumatic history that the ones who left did. Black people in the US and Carribean have become genetically different from the normal African due to past raping from slave masters and also mixing with other cultures (I know some africans are mixed but the point is, the mixing that happened in the black races of the US and the Carribean happened as a direct or indirect result of slavery)
That's my point, that's how i separate black people from africans, the ones who didnt leave Africa are not black because they didn't have the same traumatic history that the ones who left did. Black people in the US and Carribean have become genetically different from the normal African due to past raping from slave masters and also mixing with other cultures (I know some africans are mixed but the point is, the mixing that happened in the black races of the US and the Carribean happened as a direct or indirect result of slavery)

That is not what black means though? You can't just change the meaning of the word???? Black doesn't mean only those descended from slaves. So by you're logic Africans aren't black, which doesn't make sense like Black African is literally an ethnic group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending