The Student Room Group

OCR A Physics AS Breadth 24/5/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Janders91
Hi, just curious as to what you're basing your grade boundary predictions on? As it's a new specification I've not been able to find any indicators of what sort of grade boundaries would be imposed on the exam. Thanks :smile:

Guessing
Original post by teachercol
Guessing

Fair enough. Would be pleased if they are the actual grade boundaries. Fingers crossed eh?!
Reply 62
Chief Examiner sets the boundaries - but I'll get the chance to tell him what I think of paper and whether I think its hard etc
Reply 63
Think I got around 53 marks, any guesses what that might give me?
Reply 64
Original post by Adam998
Think I got around 53 marks, any guesses what that might give me?

An A
could u have another look at 24c i got 6.8
Reply 66
An A

I didn't read about the diameter being 5 (lol), will I lose many marks for that density question? I still made every point about measurements etc.

Also forgot to do velocity negative, any ideas on how many id lose for that? cheers
What sort of mark is 100UMS?
What was it out of
Reply 69
Original post by WETRTDFGKHL
could u have another look at 24c i got 6.8

So did I but it's wrong, because momentum's a vector you have to take into account the direction and as the hydrogen atom bounced off the other atom and went back the way it came you had to make that part of the momentum negative
Fingers crossed I got high 40's.. Fingers crossed..
Reply 71
I'm hoping I got ~43/70 marks. Bring on the depth, I'm really hoping I can perform in that exam.
Original post by Polapod
So did I but it's wrong, because momentum's a vector you have to take into account the direction and as the hydrogen atom bounced off the other atom and went back the way it came you had to make that part of the momentum negative

I think you would take the first direction as negative since it is mv-mu so you would probs want the u to be negative, then again it doesn't necessarily matter which is negative; as long as one was positive and the other one was negative it's correct.
Reply 73
Moments torques and centre of gravity
Measuring Youngs Modulus.
LDRs thermistors and potential dividers
Resistivity and series / parallel

Thanks
For the one about the speed of the atom or whatever; couldn't you just find impulse on the smaller atom and this has to equal that which acts on the larger one to find out the answer. (I know that you use this to derive m1u1+m2u2=m1v1+m2v2 btw). Still got 78.2 ms^-1
Yes - but I'm not allowed by the exam board to post them.

Do you happen to have the OCR b to do an unofficial mark scheme?
Chief Examiner sets the boundaries - but I'll get the chance to tell him what I think of paper and whether I think its hard etc

as low as possible please!! Think I only got about 45 ://// Did it matter which direction we put the tension in the string for the one with the weight and tension one and how many marks would we get for the I = nAve if we just used the wrong n? Thanks
Reply 77
What was the answer to the question about the comet and asteroid?
I dont see that on the markscheme you posted
Reply 78
Original post by Parhomus
For the one about the speed of the atom or whatever; couldn't you just find impulse on the smaller atom and this has to equal that which acts on the larger one to find out the answer. (I know that you use this to derive m1u1+m2u2=m1v1+m2v2 btw). Still got 78.2 ms^-1

I worked out momentum and then used the formula for kinetic energy and got 79, not 78. All of my friends got 79 too so I think maybe it's that
Reply 79
Original post by jn998
I worked out momentum and then used the formula for kinetic energy and got 79, not 78. All of my friends got 79 too so I think maybe it's that

Why do that? That's so much extra hassle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending