The Student Room Group

I didn't write how many answer booklets I used...

Hi, I recently did an external RE exam and finished it all in one booklet. I put all of my details on the front, including my candidate number, name, etc, but since I finished with around a minute to go I forgot to put how many answer booklets I used on the front of the paper.I forgot to do this and I'm worried that it might have consequences, even though I did all of the work in one book and not, say, two or three. Can anyone hep me at all? This is for an AQA exam.
Original post by TB14
Hi, I recently did an external RE exam and finished it all in one booklet. I put all of my details on the front, including my candidate number, name, etc, but since I finished with around a minute to go I forgot to put how many answer booklets I used on the front of the paper.I forgot to do this and I'm worried that it might have consequences, even though I did all of the work in one book and not, say, two or three. Can anyone hep me at all? This is for an AQA exam.

I've asked my RS teacher about something similar to this. I've forgotten what it is called, but she informed me that the paper may be sent off to be checked after the exam board has received it. I'm not too sure on this, though.

However, your invigilators and the person who is in charge of the exams in your school is supposed to check that everything is filled in and no papers have been lost after the exam; they usually go through them all. I wouldn't worry; they would have most probably filled it in for you.
I forgot to fill in mine for my English Lit exam, so I just went to them at the end of the exam and they filled it in for me. Don't worry; loads of people forget to fill certain things in in the exam, so you won't be the only one. And the examiner will be able to see that you've finished the paper in one booklet as well :smile:
Original post by KirstyBishop
I've asked my RS teacher about something similar to this. I've forgotten what it is called, but she informed me that the paper may be sent off to be checked after the exam board has received it. I'm not too sure on this, though.

However, your invigilators and the person who is in charge of the exams in your school is supposed to check that everything is filled in and no papers have been lost after the exam; they usually go through them all. I wouldn't worry; they would have most probably filled it in for you.
I forgot to fill in mine for my English Lit exam, so I just went to them at the end of the exam and they filled it in for me. Don't worry; loads of people forget to fill certain things in in the exam, so you won't be the only one. And the examiner will be able to see that you've finished the paper in one booklet as well :smile:

Hey,

Thanks so much for a detailed reply like this. I emailed my exam officer - waiting on a reply.

Say if I did two booklets then the worst case scenario is that they wouldn't mark the second one but that's not the case so I hope it's alright. The rest of my details are filled in so it would just be a case of putting "1" in the box on both papers.
If thats the only on you used, do you even need to put the number in?
Original post by niv1234
If thats the only on you used, do you even need to put the number in?

Exactly! I was just unsure and I didn't want something as small as that to affect my grade.
There is no downside and nothing to worry about.
1. The exam officer will check.
2. Anyone marking will see all the answers are contained in booklet 1.
3. There are no consequences from not having a non existent booklet marked.
Original post by TB14

Hi - If you did all the work in just one booklet, then you are definitely going to be fine.
Even if you'd done the work in more than one booklet, the exams officer would count and write it down (since that's what they're supposed to be double checking!) and even if that failed, the examiner would still get booklet number 1 (and had you used more than one booklet, notice that you had probably used more booklet). Anyway, you will be fine, well done on getting RE done :smile: Focus on your other exams and best of luck!
Original post by Hirondelle127
Hi - If you did all the work in just one booklet, then you are definitely going to be fine.
Even if you'd done the work in more than one booklet, the exams officer would count and write it down (since that's what they're supposed to be double checking!) and even if that failed, the examiner would still get booklet number 1 (and had you used more than one booklet, notice that you had probably used more booklet). Anyway, you will be fine, well done on getting RE done :smile: Focus on your other exams and best of luck!

Hi!

I should've made it clear that I am in Y10 and not Y11. My school does our RE exams early so we have time to focus on other subjects, so these were my first proper exams and that's why I came to ask.

Thanks so much for your help.
Original post by 999tigger
There is no downside and nothing to worry about.
1. The exam officer will check.
2. Anyone marking will see all the answers are contained in booklet 1.
3. There are no consequences from not having a non existent booklet marked.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by TB14
Hey,

Thanks so much for a detailed reply like this. I emailed my exam officer - waiting on a reply.

Say if I did two booklets then the worst case scenario is that they wouldn't mark the second one but that's not the case so I hope it's alright. The rest of my details are filled in so it would just be a case of putting "1" in the box on both papers.

No problem. And, yeah; I usually just check over my details quickly on the front before they collect it in :smile:
Original post by TB14
Exactly! I was just unsure and I didn't want something as small as that to affect my grade.

For all the exams, I only used one booklet in I left that box blank. I was worried that I hadn't written my name in capitals on some exams.
Original post by niv1234
For all the exams, I only used one booklet in I left that box blank. I was worried that I hadn't written my name in capitals on some exams.

Yeah, that's the type of thing I'd worry about too lol.

I reckon that if you put your candidate number on you'll be fine as a backup. If it's not scanned in then I reckon you'd be fine if it's legible.
I put the wrong date on my RE exam😓 hopefully it doesn't matter😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TB14
Yeah, that's the type of thing I'd worry about too lol.

I reckon that if you put your candidate number on you'll be fine as a backup. If it's not scanned in then I reckon you'd be fine if it's legible.

Yes thats what my head of year said too. Also, I wrote in gel pen in my bio exam and I'm hoping nothing bad happens.

Quick Reply

Latest