The Student Room Group

What do you do if someone you know dies during exam season?

like if it's affecting you and stuff bc????
Original post by niamh.savill
like if it's affecting you and stuff bc????

Talk to your department about extenuating circumstances straight away. They may be able to allow you to take any exams during the August resit period but as a first attempt, so your grade wouldn't be capped :smile:
Original post by super_kawaii
Talk to your department about extenuating circumstances straight away. They may be able to allow you to take any exams during the August resit period but as a first attempt, so your grade wouldn't be capped :smile:

do they have those for a-level? I thought that was jsut universitty where you can resit in August...
Original post by niamh.savill
do they have those for a-level? I thought that was jsut universitty where you can resit in August...

They'll have extenuating circumstances, but I'm not sure if A Levels will allow resits-definitely talk to your exams officer. Worst case scenario, unis you're applying to will be more lenient with you if you miss your offer as a result of the trauma. Although it depends on the relation-if it's a person you know but aren't close to, like a 5th cousin twice removed, they won't be as lenient as if it was a parent

Quick Reply

Latest