The Student Room Group

Can i revise stats 1 (mei ocr) in one day???

aaah, got my stats 1 exam tomorrow and I have not started revising for it yet. I cannot do past papers yet because I have to trawl through all the notes and learn the methods and important formulas etc. Aim to get 5 past papers done, but any advice on stats and can I get an A? Did the exact same with C1, but i guess thats a lot easier. I cant even answer one question on the past papers. and, dont mind doing an all nighter! thanks everyone x
You'll be up all night i think - you must have a basic understanding? tbh stats itself isn't that hard when you're reading out of the revision guide by sometimes they ask you in a really weird way in the exam that throws you off. But just do past papers from now, i really don't think you have enough time to learn notes etc.
Original post by greys-anatomy
You'll be up all night i think - you must have a basic understanding? tbh stats itself isn't that hard when you're reading out of the revision guide by sometimes they ask you in a really weird way in the exam that throws you off. But just do past papers from now, i really don't think you have enough time to learn notes etc.

thank you, im going to start papers once i have a rough understanding. im so so stressed. questions are very complicated. Any other tips with tackling questions?
Reply 3
Watch this playlist, then do some papers https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg2tfDG3Ww4u0igeew6MiMwTGxPeW3_mK

that's all ive done to revise
Original post by Lazybutorganised
thank you, im going to start papers once i have a rough understanding. im so so stressed. questions are very complicated. Any other tips with tackling questions?

If you have an integral maths account from school use that because each module is summed up onto literally 8 sides of paper and then you could learn the whole course tonight by that? If you have integral maths that is
Original post by greys-anatomy
If you have an integral maths account from school use that because each module is summed up onto literally 8 sides of paper and then you could learn the whole course tonight by that? If you have integral maths that is

yes i do have it! thank you!
Original post by QPRTeags
Watch this playlist, then do some papers https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg2tfDG3Ww4u0igeew6MiMwTGxPeW3_mK

that's all ive done to revise

omg thatas so good. its a very longggg playlist but its so good! ill do that! thanks! good luck tomorrow, im so scared
Reply 7
I've done exactly the same thing as you, I've put off revising it because stats is so tedious to learn, discrete random variable x blah blah blah, anyway today I've spent 3 hours reading my revision guide, 7 hours doing the lessons on mymaths, and I'm going to stay awake all night doing past papers, It's tough but a gallon of coffee+energy drinks should do the trick :grin:
I just did a past paper... Thought I did okay (perhaps a B?), but when I'd marked it and looked up the grade boundrys, was one Mark off a C.
Admittedly a few stupid mistakes, but I doubt tomorrow's paper will be as nice as that one (Jan 2013).... So I guess I'm doomed!!
Original post by Skipper12345
I just did a past paper... Thought I did okay (perhaps a B?), but when I'd marked it and looked up the grade boundrys, was one Mark off a C.
Admittedly a few stupid mistakes, but I doubt tomorrow's paper will be as nice as that one (Jan 2013).... So I guess I'm doomed!!

omggg, im going to try that one after ive read my notes and understood it. so far behind still. It shouldnt be too bad lets hope, since C1 wasnt
Original post by ionic285
I've done exactly the same thing as you, I've put off revising it because stats is so tedious to learn, discrete random variable x blah blah blah, anyway today I've spent 3 hours reading my revision guide, 7 hours doing the lessons on mymaths, and I'm going to stay awake all night doing past papers, It's tough but a gallon of coffee+energy drinks should do the trick :grin:

THIS IS ME LOL, good luck!
Original post by Lazybutorganised
omggg, im going to try that one after ive read my notes and understood it. so far behind still. It shouldnt be too bad lets hope, since C1 wasnt

Yes I'm hoping the same!! And even if it is a bad exam, the hopefully our C1 and C2 will pull the grade up!
So... How did we all find it? I personally thought it was awful, perhaps not the hardest paper in general, but there were quite a few parts that I struggled with!
Original post by Skipper12345
So... How did we all find it? I personally thought it was awful, perhaps not the hardest paper in general, but there were quite a few parts that I struggled with!

Unofficial Mark Scheme if you're interested
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4013573&page=19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending