The Student Room Group

Why do people even come on here to discuss exams?

Everyone is so rude about it. I asked one question, the first time I've ever posted about it, and I got lunged at.

Some guy in the C2 thread just called me stupid, which I already know. I wasn't expecting an A or anything, but I'm fighting off tears on the bus home now, because it was really hurtful the way he said that. I've never felt so bad about an exam in my life, and no one's supportive at all.

I'm actually reminded why I've never written anything about exams before...Maybe it's because of my anxiety and paranoia, but I really don't appreciate being brought down and shouted at. Do people like punishing thereselves about something they can't change, with hundreds of people bragging about doing so well?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You actually take what ***** write on here to heart?? Ffs

Ignore them. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Save.Me
Everyone is so rude about it. I asked one question, the first time I've ever posted about it, and I got lunged at.

Some guy in the C2 thread just called me stupid, which I already know. I wasn't expecting an A or anything, but I'm fighting off tears on the bus home now, because it was really hurtful the way he said that. I've never felt so bad about an exam in my life, and no one's supportive at all.

I'm actually reminded why I've never written anything about exams before...Maybe it's because of my anxiety and paranoia, but I really don't appreciate being brought down and shouted at. Do people like punishing thereselves about something they can't change, with hundreds of people bragging about doing so well?

Some people are tosspots. Don't let some loser on the internet bring you down.
Reply 3
I ****ed up C2 last year, and felt like crap about it too, but you can retake it next year (its what i did and just retook the C2 exam today) and after C3 and C4, C2 becomes much much easier, so you haven't lost your only chance at an A in maths (or whatever you're aiming for :smile: ).

If i could give you some advice, don't read any thread that is discussing the exam after it happened, there's no point dwelling on the past exam, because that is just wasting time you could've used revising for your next exam.
Chin up :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SMEGGGY
You actually take what ***** write on here to heart?? Ffs

Ignore them. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't help it, I have really bad anxiety, so stuff really affects me more than it would 'normal' people. I can't stop thinking about the posts now.
Reply 5
Original post by Thomith
I ****ed up C2 last year, and felt like crap about it too, but you can retake it next year (its what i did and just retook the C2 exam today) and after C3 and C4, C2 becomes much much easier, so you haven't lost your only chance at an A in maths (or whatever you're aiming for :smile: ).

If i could give you some advice, don't read any thread that is discussing the exam after it happened, there's no point dwelling on the past exam, because that is just wasting time you could've used revising for your next exam.
Chin up :smile:

I can't retake next year, which is why I'm even more upset :frown: I'm retaking this from last year, so it's my last chance, and I know I'm not going to be going to university now.

I don't normally discuss exams, and now I know why. I just asked a question, and got replies off hundreds of people being cocky because they could do it and put down because I couldn't.
Reply 6
Original post by Save.Me
I can't help it, I have really bad anxiety, so stuff really affects me more than it would 'normal' people. I can't stop thinking about the posts now.

What did they say? There's no point dwelling in something someone on the Internet has said to you just out of spite. Try to take your mind off it and focus on more important things
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
Some people are tosspots. Don't let some loser on the internet bring you down.

Thanks, but with anxiety already, it's hard to ignore it :frown: On other communities people are so much more supportive. I didn't expect to get those kind of replies.
Reply 8
f***ing egotists
Reply 9
Original post by Save.Me
I can't retake next year, which is why I'm even more upset :frown: I'm retaking this from last year, so it's my last chance, and I know I'm not going to be going to university now.

I don't normally discuss exams, and now I know why. I just asked a question, and got replies off hundreds of people being cocky because they could do it and put down because I couldn't.

well you can retake next year, not ideal but you can do it as a private candidate because there is one more C2 exam before the A level changes in maths, so it still isn't over.
Pretty sure you get a years grace when there is a change of specification, so if you need to retake some exams next year again then you can, it isn't over :smile:.
Original post by Save.Me
Thanks, but with anxiety already, it's hard to ignore it :frown: On other communities people are so much more supportive. I didn't expect to get those kind of replies.

I know what you mean, anxiety bites. :redface:

I've removed the offending post.

I don't personally take part in discussing exams and how they went afterwards with anyone, as chances are it's not going to make me feel better, though with anxiety I can understand that you'd want to know exactly how well you did. Maybe it is best not to.

Anyway, whenever your next exam is, if you have time then you can take a break today.
I kinda agree with what your saying in the post not really the title.

You come and ask a question, because someone find it eaay, you get insulted.
I thought the exam went really badly, I was going for 100% but I've lost at least 27 marks so I can sympathise with you. I have no idea what some of the questions were even asking me to do and I too wanted to (and eventually did) cry.

I must admit I'm annoyed at how badly it went but just remember you will always find a way to get where you want to be. Hope you feel better about it soon - and just ignore the trash talkers, most of them are bluffing anyway. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As someone who got a U last year in C2 and probably didn't do great this year retaking C2 (hopefully better than a U though!), some people on here will probably brag about how they find it easy but there are most likely a whole load more people who found the test extremely hard and that's ok! What's done is don't there is nothing that we can do now.

Word of advice: Don't discuss the exam with anyone they'll make you panic and you aint got time for that you have other exams to prepare for! After you walk out of that exam hall or room just forget everything you did on that exam. There is no point in worrying about it now.
Original post by Save.Me

I don't mean for this to sound harsh or anything, but just delete your account. D!cks like that guy who called you stupid are everywhere, particularly when they can hide behind a screen, and the more you interact with people on TSR the more you'll come across them. Better delete your account than take to heart more and more criticism from cowards.

Stay strong :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by flirps
What did they say? There's no point dwelling in something someone on the Internet has said to you just out of spite. Try to take your mind off it and focus on more important things

One guy said this: How about use some infant school geometry rules fool... Equilateral triangle = 60°: Straight line beneath = 180°. Degrees in a circle? 360° 360°-180°-60° = 120° (or ⅔pi radians). K????

Just looking at that is making me cry. I'm trying so hard not to in public. I wish I could let stupid stuff like this go, but I just wasn't expecting it :frown:
I really understand you. I think the best thing you can do is just ignore them. Arrogant cowards are EVERYHWERE on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Save.Me

i know how u feel :console:dont worry too much or dont take too much stress just because a loser told u so on the internet!!!!!!!! my advice is to just ignore them.....
Reply 18
Original post by Thomith
well you can retake next year, not ideal but you can do it as a private candidate because there is one more C2 exam before the A level changes in maths, so it still isn't over.
Pretty sure you get a years grace when there is a change of specification, so if you need to retake some exams next year again then you can, it isn't over :smile:.

I'm 20, lol, and I've already missed college because of going to hospital for my anxiety/depression so this is really my last chance, which is why I'm hit even harder by this. :frown: thanks for the help, though <3

Original post by GlassyMarbles
I don't mean for this to sound harsh or anything, but just delete your account. D!cks like that guy who called you stupid are everywhere, particularly when they can hide behind a screen, and the more you interact with people on TSR the more you'll come across them. Better delete your account than take to heart more and more criticism from cowards.

Stay strong :smile:

Haha, I would, but I don't use my account to talk about exams, I never had before now, so I'm never going to again :/ I'm just going to stay away from those threads.

Original post by Abby3112
I thought the exam went really badly, I was going for 100% but I've lost at least 27 marks so I can sympathise with you. I have no idea what some of the questions were even asking me to do and I too wanted to (and eventually did) cry.

I must admit I'm annoyed at how badly it went but just remember you will always find a way to get where you want to be. Hope you feel better about it soon - and just ignore the trash talkers, most of them are bluffing anyway. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's even worse knowing the grade boundaries are going to be high because of these people who clearly know it all. I'm glad I'm not the only crying about it, lol. Thank you <3

Original post by SeanFM
I know what you mean, anxiety bites. :redface:

I've removed the offending post.

I don't personally take part in discussing exams and how they went afterwards with anyone, as chances are it's not going to make me feel better, though with anxiety I can understand that you'd want to know exactly how well you did. Maybe it is best not to.

Anyway, whenever your next exam is, if you have time then you can take a break today.

Thank you so much <3 Yeah, I was going to throw up after the exam, so I came to ask what people put on the question to have everyone reply cockily.
Reply 19
Original post by Laurenafenete
As someone who got a U last year in C2 and probably didn't do great this year retaking C2 (hopefully better than a U though!), some people on here will probably brag about how they find it easy but there are most likely a whole load more people who found the test extremely hard and that's ok! What's done is don't there is nothing that we can do now.Word of advice: Don't discuss the exam with anyone they'll make you panic and you aint got time for that you have other exams to prepare for! After you walk out of that exam hall or room just forget everything you did on that exam. There is no point in worrying about it now.

I got a D in C2 last year, lol, and I'm so glad I did because there's no way I've gotten better than a D. It's funny because I normally just avoid talking about the exam, but for some reason I thought I'd discuss it today, at least now I know not to

Quick Reply

Latest