The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone get for the logs question the second part?
I got -1/4 but didn't that get a negative angle or something, I struggled with that a bit.
People are saying they got 120 for the perimeter.. Was it not 17?
Original post by Vlad Murzakov

I've heard people saying that got 17 for some value of x, not sure if the perimeter though.
Original post by Vlad Murzakov

To see if our x values were similar, when you had to do d^2y/dx^2, did you get 0.4 ish?
Original post by SirHotWings
I got -1/4 but didn't that get a negative angle or something, I struggled with that a bit.

Ikr ! I got -1/4 inverse sign that i get a negative angle. Confused on that , but ill get marks for the working out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Think People
Ikr ! I got -1/4 inverse sign that i get a negative angle. Confused on that , but ill get marks for the working out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think what you have to do is, if you used a CAST diagram then you go backwards in a sense I believe.
I got k as -7/2 when it is 7/2. Is this zero marks?
Original post by Mackiemcmasher
I got k as -7/2 when it is 7/2. Is this zero marks?

I can't remember how many marks that question was worth, you'll lose accuracy if there was any but the method marks are yours I believe.
perimiter 120, x was 17
I can't remember how many marks that question was worth, you'll lose accuracy if there was any but the method marks are yours I believe.

It was 2 marks so I probably got one then.
Original post by ollyhermann
perimiter 120, x was 17

I think I got 16.something, then I subbed it back into the P formula to get the minimum value of P, that sound about right?
Reply 432
It was 2 marks so I probably got one then.

Alright then, you did better than me then as I couldn't figure out k lol, with the time I had left I couldn't figure out what I had to do.
-2.1 or something
Original post by not_lucas1
3x-5y-95=0 I got this and i think it's correct, seen quite a few people post it

Quite sure it's 3x+5y-95 not 3x-5y
Alright then, you did better than me then as I couldn't figure out k lol, with the time I had left I couldn't figure out what I had to do.

Yeah I left till the end as well, it wasn't easy, only problem is the fact there was a question depending on the answer of k so I lost another two marks so in total 3 marks by accidentally writing a minus sign.
Original post by elishx__h
The remainder was 5

I agree my friend. I support you.

#friendsforlife
#banter
Yeah I left till the end as well, it wasn't easy, only problem is the fact there was a question depending on the answer of k so I lost another two marks so in total 3 marks by accidentally writing a minus sign.

I know what you mean.

My approach was to times every term I got in part 1 by the bracket so you ended up getting 6 terms, but then I didn't manage to solve it for k in the time I had left.
How many marks would I lose if I found x but didn't find P😤😤

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending