Wjec c2 may 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emskibump
That's so reassuring to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What question did people get 5 for?
Original post by FusionNetworks
What question did people get 5 for?

The last question to find the r when radians equaled 2.7 or something.

I got 6.7 though, which I think is right as the question said answers to 1 decimal place
Original post by Jack1066
The last question to find the r when radians equaled 2.7 or something.

I got 6.7 though, which I think is right as the question said answers to 1 decimal place

Ah ok. 99% sure its 6.7 as everyone doing further maths got that xD
I've got 6.7 as wel and it looks correct
I used change of base formula on the logs question.. Log a (b) = ( Log x (b) ) / (Log x (a) )

That number work... It required a calculator...
Except mine ran out of battery when i went back to it. And the school wouldn't lend me another one
for the log z question, I had log z/4 = -1

you take log d on both sides, but what does that do to the minus 1? Does it make it 1/d? So would it end up being 4/d or -4d?
2Sin + 4cos = -7

that isn't possible as the minimum value of sin and cos is -1, so the least value it could be would be 2(-1) + 4(-1), which equals -6
Original post by Marcuschho
I used change of base formula on the logs question.. Log a (b) = ( Log x (b) ) / (Log x (a) )

That number work... It required a calculator...
Except mine ran out of battery when i went back to it. And the school wouldn't lend me another one

Dude that sucks.
They all laughed at me for bringing a spare calculator:h:
Reply 28
I had log base d (z/4) = -1
1/d = z/4
z = 4/d

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had r=-2/3 for the geometric and like 300 something for a? also 93/2 for the area for question after the geometric?
Reply 30
Original post by nickydakid
Anyone had r=-2/3 for the geometric and like 300 something for a? also 93/2 for the area for question after the geometric?

Yes I had -2/3 but I think maybe like 400 and something for a?? I'm not completely sure, but the values worked in both equations. I had 93/2 = 46.5 for the integration:smile: we need an unofficial mark scheme & the question paper now ahaaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt
I had log base d (z/4) = -1
1/d = z/4
z = 4/d

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too!! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nickydakid

I got 93/2 for that question haha :biggrin: Think i got r = -2/3 , can't remember though (n)
Reply 33
Original post by 98matt
Yes I had -2/3 but I think maybe like 400 and something for a?? I'm not completely sure, but the values worked in both equations. I had 93/2 = 46.5 for the integration:smile: we need an unofficial mark scheme & the question paper now ahaaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Smashed it, like the scientists Brian Cox..or was it Dan Cox :confused:?

Not really though, very frustrating paper for me. Started very well, middle was decent, but tailored off towards the end. Tough paper so I'd expect the trend of 55 ish for an A, 48 ish for a B to continue.
Original post by 98matt

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got -2/3 for r as well! Excellent news. For the region R i got that too. I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I think 100ums will sit around 70/75 ish, with very similar grade boundaries to last year's paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
I literally just had a breakdown after that exam. Like waved goodbye to studying Medicine.. And was planning where to send a CV to, KFC or McDonalds.... But what a relief, I seem to have got same answers as most of you so it wen't okay. We need a methematician do produce an unofficial marking scheme tbh.
How did people do Q4-the one with the boy who runs around the track? Only information I picked up was a=6 and d=2. Were you meant to set up a simultaneous equation?
Original post by bradley_246
I got 93/2 for that question haha :biggrin: Think i got r = -2/3 , can't remember though (n)

i got -2/3 too
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
I literally just had a breakdown after that exam. Like waved goodbye to studying Medicine.. And was planning where to send a CV to, KFC or McDonalds.... But what a relief, I seem to have got same answers as most of you so it wen't okay. We need a methematician do produce an unofficial marking scheme tbh.

Ah the joys of failing exams.
Totally aced setting up the simultaneous equations for the boy running around the track eh?
n = -30 yeah

But that logs question was a beast, base change formula and having to figure out that the infinite series telescopes to 4... Wtf were wjec doing?!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending