What do you think?

Karma for...?
No . . .
Original post by BaconandSauce
lets just hope we kept the receipt.

Receipt or recipe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0to100
No it's not karma because it's not happening in the same way for the same reasons. Except for Muslims I don't think anyone is immigrating here to subvert the British government or expand their country's profits because many are leaving to never return back to their native country. Whereas British imperialism was about expanding the British regime and ways, however they decided to do it, and it's set the example for many great countries today after taking cues from the fallen Roman Empire...that invaded Britain but anyway.

I underestimated you :clap:
Reply 24
White people stole lands, robbed the natives and raped their women. They should not be complaining about immigration. Millions of whites are living in the Middle east, Asia and Africa right now. They are welcomed with open arms. Plus, most whites who complain about immigration are usually the one who are too lazy to find work, thus use immigration as an excuse.
Reply 25
no.
it is, however, the natural response to living on a planet with massive differences in quality of life.
Original post by slaven
If so, what did Austria, Sweden or Denmark did? They barely had or never had any colonies.

Denmark, Sweden and Austria did have colonies.

Denmark-Norway had colonies. The USA bought them in 1917 after Denmark controlled them for 2 centuries, they're now known as the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Sweden had the colony Saint Barthélemy after they bought it off the French in 1784. They also had the short-lived colony of New Sweden in Delaware, Pennsylvania and Maryland until the Dutch took them.

Austria received funds from Spain due to them having the same dynasties, so they received the spoils of Spanish colonies and had their own short-lived Austrian colonies.
why do people believe in all this karma nonsense
Building empires is the story of mankind.
How many countries in history in a position to build an empire and take it advantage said. "..nah...do you know what? Tha would be greedy that would...we should just keep to our own territory and not take advantage of them"
(edited 7 years ago)
Empire envy :biggrin:
Original post by JezWeCan!
That is nonsense.

London restaurants are massively overrated and overpriced.

And you can forget about the rest of the country pretty much.

Wherever you go in France or Italy you will find delicious food at an affordable price.

^^This

French motorway services piss on a lot of British restaurants.
Reply 31
Original post by Mathemagicien
Its not karma, its survival of the fittest.

Europe is a wealthy continent, many of whose countries are undergoing a native population collapse - basically everywhere but Northern Europe. Sources of non-European immigrants have recently, or are currently, experiencing population explosions. Its supply and demand.

Unlike Japan (another imperial power, with a darker past than most European powers), we have high immigration because we are generous and unwilling to enforce our borders, and we do not encourage the elderly to work, nor automate factories as much.

I think you said before your edit that Europeans are a 'weak and dying breed' so this is a response to that comment.

It's Capitalism that is largely to blame. Capitalism reduces birth rates plus without a constantly growing pile of debtors the whole system collapses. Thanks to capitalism the powers that be now have advanced weaponry to control the population beyond the even the wildest dreams of the medieval Kings.
Reply 32
Original post by ohgeez
I think you said before your edit that Europeans are a 'weak and dying breed' so this is a response to that comment.

It's Capitalism that is largely to blame. Capitalism reduces birth rates plus without a constantly growing pile of debtors the whole system collapses. Thanks to capitalism the powers that be now have advanced weaponry to control the population beyond the even the wildest dreams of the medieval Kings.

So let's have communism? Cause that worked great for Eastern Europe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by IAmNero
So let's have communism? Cause that worked great for Eastern Europe

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was giving him reasons for population decline in European countries, not offering up alternatives to Capitalism.
Reply 34
Exactly, they took advantage. The British invaded countries that were clearly weaker than them. Not exactly something to be proud of. Building empires? You mean out of slavery, backstabbing and lies?
Original post by caravaggio2
Building empires is the story of mankind.
How many countries in history in a position to build an empire and take it advantage said. "..nah...do you know what? Tha would be greedy that would...we should just keep to our own territory and not take advantage of them"
Time and time again, usually on Twitter, I have conversations with people of foreign descent who say Britain stole from our country for centuries so now we are coming to take from you. In India, in relation to their Government spending billions on a space program while millions of its own people were starving,yet the UK still sent aid to India there were dozens of Indian people defending their Government spending all this money on the space program. Then they all started on Britain owes India billions which it stole over the centuries and it is only right Britain pays. I have come across the same opinion with a lot of people who are not of ethnically English descent. Some people I have spoken to Muslims, say Britain destroyed Iraq and Syria so now Muslims are going to come in their millions to the UK as a punishment. I think there is a quote from Colonel Gadaffi who said something similar,about predicting that Muslims will come to Europe in their millions and claim it for themselves to punish the West.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vivi11
Exactly, they took advantage. The British invaded countries that were clearly weaker than them. Not exactly something to be proud of. Building empires? You mean out of slavery, backstabbing and lies?

I don't think you know very much about this. In fact your comment reveals you haven't the first clue about great swathes of early Imperial history.

Consider the Raj. In the Indian subcontinent an Empire was built from scratch not by the armed forces of the nation state, but by a few individuals from a private trading company.

A handful of Englishmen, separated from their homes by an immense ocean, in a few short years subjugated one of the greatest Empires in the world. with a population of well over one hundred million.

These were not savage people, but highly civilised. They had great cities, sophisticated administrative and financial systems and impressive armies.

It is an amazing story, one of the greatest in all history, rivalling Cortes' conquest of Mexico, with which it shares some similarities. Arguably it was a greater achievement even than that.

But I am guessing not one told you what actually happened in your GCSE history course, from which you seem to have formed your ignorant and ill informed view of imperial history.

Do some research, read up on it. Learn about the Battles of Plassey and Buxar, the massacre of Patna, the life histories of Clive, and Hastings and the likes of Shuja Daula.

Then you will not come out with nonsense like "the British invaded countries which were clearly weaker than them..."
Original post by Vivi11

Yes, that's right, exactly the same slavery backstabbing and lies that every country we invaded would have inflicted on us or anybody else ithey could have if the boot was on the other foot.
So what?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Europeans are weak - we are divided, ageing, in huge debt, obsessed with virtue signalling, and becoming increasingly 'triggered' over tiny things

Europeans are dying - the birth rate is below replacement in virtually all European countries, save Iceland.

So I stand by what I said.

Totally agreed.

The whole western world is in (arguably terminal) decline, but America, being younger perhaps, has a few more decades of global pre-eminence than Western Europe.

On this side of the Atlantic we are starting to resemble the later years of the Roman Empire when the Romans, too weak and decadent to defend themselves from the poorer, less civilised but much braver and more aggressive barbarians, desperately tried to buy them off.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I underestimated you :clap:

Why? I'm smart as ****. lol

Quick Reply

Latest