The Student Room Group

should i bring it up/ask her out

Ok back story as brief as possible. Ladies your opinion will be most appreciated

Met a woman seven months ago, things happened when we first met, there was a period of "will we wont we" after that but ultimately it ended up that we just became friends.

And we became very good friends, we see each other more than we see anyone else in our lives (bar her kids) We are out nearly every Saturday night from about 9 til 3,4,5 in the morning (and even 6 am) usually just the two of us, we meet at least two, three times a week - most recently in the last two weeks there has only been two days we haven't seen each other in some way and daily there is some form of communication - either messages, jokes or mobile games. We have a hell of a lot in common - we speak our minds, music, books, life outlook, mindsets, clothing, the list goes on.

We are very close and became close very quickly, both of us sharing a lot about ourselves (she knows stuff about me no one else does and vice versa)

Both of us have had dates with other people but nothing ever came of them. Both of us tend to be very cynical in regards to relationships,

Nearly everyone assumes we are a couple, are surprised when they find out were not. We've been asked if were married, we apparently act like a couple, we are not overly flirty or anything like that that i notice but others do. My best friend came over to see me last week and within twenty minutes asked me how long we have been together.

While I have not reached the stage of infatuation I certainly like her in a more than platonic sense. I wonder if if I should bring the subject up - not "will you be with me" but more a "want to see what can become of this?/is there something there?"
Original post by Anonymous
Ok back story as brief as possible. Ladies your opinion will be most appreciated

Met a woman seven months ago, things happened when we first met, there was a period of "will we wont we" after that but ultimately it ended up that we just became friends.

And we became very good friends, we see each other more than we see anyone else in our lives (bar her kids) We are out nearly every Saturday night from about 9 til 3,4,5 in the morning (and even 6 am) usually just the two of us, we meet at least two, three times a week - most recently in the last two weeks there has only been two days we haven't seen each other in some way and daily there is some form of communication - either messages, jokes or mobile games. We have a hell of a lot in common - we speak our minds, music, books, life outlook, mindsets, clothing, the list goes on.

We are very close and became close very quickly, both of us sharing a lot about ourselves (she knows stuff about me no one else does and vice versa)

Both of us have had dates with other people but nothing ever came of them. Both of us tend to be very cynical in regards to relationships,

Nearly everyone assumes we are a couple, are surprised when they find out were not. We've been asked if were married, we apparently act like a couple, we are not overly flirty or anything like that that i notice but others do. My best friend came over to see me last week and within twenty minutes asked me how long we have been together.

While I have not reached the stage of infatuation I certainly like her in a more than platonic sense. I wonder if if I should bring the subject up - not "will you be with me" but more a "want to see what can become of this?/is there something there?"

You two sound like you have an amazing connection. Definitely go for it and talk to her about taking it further. Good luck!
Reply 2
yes, do it. theres every chance youve been friendzoned, and itll go tits up, but if you do nothing then you can guarantee nothing will happen. if it goes wrong youll lose a friend, but gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette
Reply 3

Original post by Delilah234
You two sound like you have an amazing connection. Definitely go for it and talk to her about taking it further. Good luck!

Reply 4
Original post by davgen7
yes, do it. theres every chance youve been friendzoned, and itll go tits up, but if you do nothing then you can guarantee nothing will happen. if it goes wrong youll lose a friend, but gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette

no such thing as the friend zone, if two people like each other and want a relationship it can happen, if they dont it wont. The friendzone is a load of made up entitlement bull
Reply 5
Agreed, but what i was referring to in this case was the possibility that she only likes you back as a friend
Give it a go mate ask her !!! You could regret it and lose something very special to you
If she's spending THAT much time with you, willingly, she obviously likes you. Ask her out!! You have nothing to lose. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys aren't dating. I'm in a similar situation with my guy friend. We've been really good friends for around a year and I wish I had the confidence to ask him out.
If you don't, you'll probably regret it when she gets a bf.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
If she's spending THAT much time with you, willingly, she obviously likes you. Ask her out!! You have nothing to lose. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys aren't dating. I'm in a similar situation with my guy friend. We've been really good friends for around a year and I wish I had the confidence to ask him out.
If you don't, you'll probably regret it when she gets a bf.

The majority of people are surprised we are not dating. The amount of time we spend together is a lot,

I think you may be right. we're going to a gig on Saturday - an hour and a halfs drive, just her and me to the best of my knowledge, might talk to her about it on the way back.
Reply 9
Original post by lulucoco98
Give it a go mate ask her !!! You could regret it and lose something very special to you

That is my thought as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending