The Student Room Group

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Oh god I'd cry if that came up. Only thing I can think of for them is the motifs of fairy tale in the stories, that's it.

well I guess if I know the story I'll just ******** my way through it haha
Original post by OddFuturez
well I guess if I know the story I'll just ******** my way through it haha

Damn that's scaring me out because what if we get stories mixed up?
Damn that's scaring me out because what if we get stories mixed up?

Yeah some are really similar, like the wolf stories but I don't know a broad spectrum of quotes, I just learnt some to do with feminism etc
Yeah some are really similar, like the wolf stories but I don't know a broad spectrum of quotes, I just learnt some to do with feminism etc

I know some that I will go through with you when I get home, it's hard to think thematically.
I know some that I will go through with you when I get home, it's hard to think thematically.

STEM is life haha
STEM is life haha

Haha right now I will agree with you, English is just so hard. What are you thinking about for career plans?
Haha right now I will agree with you, English is just so hard. What are you thinking about for career plans?

Law but my as grades will prob be bad so ya
For the paper tomorrow im studying a streetcar named desire and great gatsby. And to be quite honest im bricking it. is anyone else studying the same texts? i think its rather unfair how its a closed texts exam as ive spent all my resources on revising for Rossetti and Hammlet. Continuing this, does anyone have any themes they would assume would come up?
Original post by jack elsdon
For the paper tomorrow im studying a streetcar named desire and great gatsby. And to be quite honest im bricking it. is anyone else studying the same texts? i think its rather unfair how its a closed texts exam as ive spent all my resources on revising for Rossetti and Hammlet. Continuing this, does anyone have any themes they would assume would come up?

Studying the same texts, for streetcar i really want the question to be on like plastic theatre or Illusions etc and Gatsby, marriages would be a really good one
Does anyone know how many stories we need to know along with the bloody chamber? Whats the highest marks i could get if i mention the extract, the bloody chamber, and then snow child/tigers bride?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren_mh
Studying the same texts, for streetcar i really want the question to be on like plastic theatre or Illusions etc and Gatsby, marriages would be a really good one

Doubt it will be illusions that was the spec paper as for plastic theatre, isn't it just a dramatic technique used, so there is a low likelihood it will turn up?
does anyone have any streetcar / gatsby quote banks that they could send me? i'd be immensely appreciative x x

if you still need it
Original post by HotChocolate007
Doubt it will be illusions that was the spec paper as for plastic theatre, isn't it just a dramatic technique used, so there is a low likelihood it will turn up?

I want something on like maybe the language of characters or a question based on class divides
Do we need context for the Bloody Chamber ? If so what are some key ones thanks :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
I cannot remember ANY quotations for Jerusalem. I'm really stuck as we rushed through this book! Ugh :frown: If anyone has a FEW (not a huge list) of quotes they can give me i'll be very gracious.
I'm studying 1984 and The History Boys, anyone got any ideas on what could come up for either of them tomorrow?xx
Original post by Scarlettroisen
I'm studying 1984 and The History Boys, anyone got any ideas on what could come up for either of them tomorrow?xx

1984, i'm feeling resistance or rebellion is going to be a likely theme i'm not sure though!
Original post by Scarlettroisen

1984 -> I have a feeling isolation may come up or technology and modernisation ... however the possibilities really do seem to be endless. Rebellion is also worth a look at

illusions would suit me fine, recently say an essay on the sub. in terms of knowing the story lines im okay but my memory of quotes is rather dismal... hate how the exam is purely memory as oposed to skill. very dissapointing
Stanley or Blanche question plz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending