The Student Room Group

Arsey's solutions

Scroll to see replies

There must be a way for Arsey to put some form of solutions up. Even if they're not as good and detailed as before with the questions...The blank paper thing without the questions seems like a good idea to me.
Well what can they do if Arsey did decide to continue posting? [IGNORE: It's hardly illegal] just seen the copyright thing in the OP, there's no way they can stop people posting/discussing the questions and answers.
Part of me thinks it may well just be one "off" employee of Pearson, especially seeing as no one contacted TSR, and only Arsey. Is there any proof that it even was Edexcel/Pearson who contacted Arsey in the first place?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 62
RIP Arsey, but what is dead may never die
Reply 63
Original post by h3rmit

A man has no worked solutions
Reply 64
Thank you for your kind comments but could I ask you knock the petitions etc on the head, I am not going to post solutions regardless of the outcome.

Edexcel have not contacted me personally, but they have made it known in their recent blanket communication that they do not wish papers solutions to be made available online and did express their disappointment that the C1 solutions where posted on TSR. I intend to respect their wishes.
Reply 65
Original post by h3rmit

hold the door :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by Arsey
hold the door :frown:

Now you've made me depressed again, I wish I could neg you
Reply 67
Arsey make another account and post them!! THey have only banned Arsey :wink:
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:

Take care mate, to me you have been both a blessing (when I get a good mark) and a curse (when I get a crap mark). Enjoy your well-deserved retirement from TSR Model Answers.

Spoiler

Reply 69
Very sad day
Original post by TeeEm
Very sad day

But we still have you!!
Reply 71
Original post by TheFarmerLad
But we still have you!!

I am visiting briefly for the benefit of my own students.
Then I will be off again for different reasons
Original post by TeeEm
I am visiting briefly for the benefit of my own students.
Then I will be off again for different reasons

Are some of your students (that you know irl) on here?
Original post by Pablo Picasso
What a joker

[video="youtube;_bmBxQHbZQQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bmBxQHbZQQ[/video]
Thank you very much Arsey, you've helped a lot of students. A shame Edexcel has to be unprofessional like this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Are some of your students (that you know irl) on here?

Many of my current and former students visit this site
Reply 76
thank you soo much for the help you have given all of us
Post it anyway, Edexcel have anally raped a lot of people in the past so we've got a couple more years to get even.
Original post by Angelo12231
Post it anyway, Edexcel have anally raped a lot of people in the past so we've got a couple more years to get even.

Shouldn't we spam edexcel on social media or sth like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

Thanks for all your help Arsey. It's a sad day when trying to help people becomes a crime :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest